2017 Maserati Levante S

Below is a deal I’ve been made by a dealer, I’m going to close pending us figuring out how to do the taxes properly due to GAs lease tax law change starting this year (FINALLY!)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Maserati Levante (Base or S)

MSRP: [$94,225]
Selling Price: [$76,225] Here’s the rub. Several dealers I’ve spoken with are offering $18k off ANY new 2017 Levante. My discount is a little under 20%, but on a 80k model, your discount is 22.5%, on a 75k model it’s 24%… etc…
Rebates: [Don’t know the specific terms, but I’m netting 18k off and that’s the best I’ve been able to achieve for weeks.]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [39]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [.00052] one kind dealer was finally able to give it up. This has to be close to or at the buy rate…
Residual: [51%] Dealer told me it’s the same residual for 24 months, but I don’t buy that. But then I haven’t seen any 24 months Mas leases even offered or achieved anywhere.

Security Deposit:
Total Due At Signing: [$1000-2000, pending confirmation of fees etc… including first months]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$842] $787 pre tax [7% flat state of GA]

Zip Code: [30345]
Sales Tax Rate: [7%]

Leasehackr Score: [10.0]

I’ve seen plenty of Ghiblis able to get under 1%, but not really any new Levante’s. Saw a couple demo deals around that people got right around 1%.
This will be at .89% after tax and .83% before tax.

I’m fairly satisfied since the options and colors I wanted were very unicornish. Not very many around. Fair warning, most dealers would not give up the MF, and their lease figures they were throwing at me with most of the blanks filled in, had to have been the result of a highly marked up MF.

I’m happy to share my dealer as soon as I finalize, if anyone thinks this is a good deal. I know a few others have been posting around asking for info.

Cheers.

1 Like

Jim Ellis? I’m in Georgia, can you pm me your salesperson email please

Didn’t find the deal in GA. I went to Jim Ellis, and they told me something like "we’re a smaller family run dealership, so we can’t get all of the same offers that some of the other dealers are able too."
None of that made any sense to me. They were all very professional, and that’s where we test drove the car to be sure it’s what we wanted. We didn’t enter into any serious negotiations, simply because they didn’t have a car on the lot with the options I was interested in.
I’m in final talks with the dealer right now. I actually pivoted to another vehicle with options I liked better, but the same deal. They are giving me a MF of .00065 instead. of .00052, but that’s almost negligible. If they give me everything else I want, I’ll let that slide.
They sent me a confirmed sheet with the 18k discount just now, 51% residual for 39/10 and an MF of .00065.
$ 80 doc fee
$0 acquisition, but $794 license fee. That’s confusing to me. I asked for clarification. Isn’t a license fee the same as registration fee, ie like 40 bucks in GA?
Right now on the sheet, im being quote $815 + tax on a $94k msrp car. I’m not unhappy!
going to try and negotiate shipping now and a discount or inclusion of a maintenance package. Bear with me a few more hours or a day at most, and once my deal is sealed, I will happily share all info and confirm with the dealers if they’re willing to make similar deals to friends to clear their lot of all those old models.

Thanks keep me posted. I’m in Georgia as well and will be looking for a new car soon. So if you have bmw, Benz, Tesla, or Maserati connects it would be great!

Definitely. I have a mercedes guy in Huntsville that really took care of me, and a guy at buckhead mercedes that really wanted to take care of me, but the car we wanted sold just before we were able to make a deal. wasn’t his fault. Nice guy.

this Levante is for my dad, as a retirement present.
If you haven’t already, go to Jim Ellis and take one for a spin. My dad really enjoyed the drive, and so did I. It’s very well appointed, imo, but some people don’t like that the switch gear (buttons and such) is very similar to that find in chrysler vehicles, Dodge Ram Trucks (50k msrp), since FCA owns Maserati.
That doesn’t bother me. The S model is a very sporty ride for an SUV. In it’s class, it goes toe to toe with the best of em, by my feeling having test driven a cayenne and x5.
The MSRP on the maserati is certainly higher than other cars, but the lease deals achievable right now are really quite good.
I’m currently at $795 before taxes for 39/10 with only first months and $80 doc fee as drive offs. Negotiating a maintenance package and delivery at the moment.
I’m under .85% of MSRP before tax at the moment.

I drove a ghibli there a couple weeks ago and was not impressed. I’m going to look for i8 deals or maybe Quatroporte GTS deals. Looking to get the best bangs for my buck though.

Sounds like you’re wide open as far as what you want.
In that case, I found a certified 2017 Mercedes AMG GT that would come under $1000 a month with zero down if the dealer is willing to lease at the advertised price.
Was a blue one in South Carolina I believe. 99k. Msrp 136k if I recall. That seemed like a phenomenal deal. Even with a base money factor around .002
This was a 24 month 7.5k option.
Can’t remember. Look up certified 2017 amg Gt on auto trader and you’ll find the one I’m talking about.

1 Like

Still knocking out the particulars of my deal.

Found this dealer in Texas. Doesn’t have the options I want, but they’re flat out advertising a Levante S for 19k off msrp. Only one out of a dozen they have on the lot, but that’s a great price if it’s the car you want. Use the current RV/MF above to make your mind and make sure they don’t mark up the MF.
I really wish I liked a Ghibli, because this one that the aforementioned dealer in Texas has is a really great color combo, well optioned and 32% off MSRP.
Using the latest figures I could find, this yields a pre tax payment of 461/month on a 89k msrp ghibli. Peep the link.
Someone go get a deal! If you like their other models, try and get them to give you the same discount on one of them. I don’t see why they wouldn’t if you press them enough.

Here’s a well optioned silver on black/grey Levante S with 20k off msrp.
Will make a great lease if they’re willing to give you the right figures.

https://www.northsideimportshouston.com/details/Houston-New-2017-Maserati-Levante-ZN661YUL4HX241233

The Ghibli that’s mentioned they won’t lease talked to the dealership. Good deal though.

1 Like

where did you end up signing? looking for the same exact car. Levante S.

Wow what a deal. I need a backseat though regarding the AMG GT.

Anyone here find any good deals on cars near or in Georgia.

Hello everyone. Lots of PMs. I’m almost over the line.
Couldn’t get them to help with shipping or maintenance much.
Luckily I have a cousin who does car sales, so he hooked me up with his shipper, though I don’t really think I’m saving much if anything.
On the maintenance, I got them down to $1395 for the three major 10/20/30k services.
I’m getting this car for my dad as a retirement gift, so I’m just going to pay that separately, and upfront, so it doesn’t raise the payment. They don’t seem to residualize the maintenance package the way Mercedes does, for example.
I put in the credit app, sent over ID and proof of insurance.
Waiting on them to send me final paper work and we’ll be done.
The manager told me straight up that they will not be able to do the same deal for any friends or fam, but I kind of doubt that. The amount of 2017s that are still on lots all over the country is alarming. Negotiate hard. They’ll sell.
-Maserati of Newport Beach told me they could do 18k off on their new 2017s. Try them for a similar deal. You may have to fight for the proper MF, but that’s the case most of the time.

-Maserati of Anaheim says they will match any dealers price in the country and ship nationwide, so try them. I’m happy to share my deal sheet if anyone needs once I have it…
Try taking that 20k off deal to them, and see how desperate they are to move cars.

i would’ve gone with either of these if they had the car I wanted with the options I wanted, but they didn’t. They do have some really nice models though. Some more/less optioned than mine.
My MSRP was 94k.
I’m out $795/month plus tax 7%.
Drive offs of first months, 795 acquisition fee, 80 doc fee.

I believe this represents a good deal. I’m sure someone dedicated enough could get a bit better deal somewhere. I would normally pursue, but I was on a time crunch, and I’ve achieved the target I set.

I’m happy. Even more so because my father will be out of town for two weeks by the time it arrives, so I’ll make sure I take good care of her until he gets home. haha

Newport beach was aggressive on my Ghibli deal 30% off msrp.

Hello, messaged you but maybe you did not receive. Could I have your dealer, sales person or manager and could you possibly send me the deal. Thanks

I would highly recommend watching this review for the pros/cons before you lease a Levante.

nightmare experience.

Long story short, the dealer screwed me.
Was Maserati of Bakersfield. Flat out lying, dishonest cheats. Fact.
We had all but signed the papers. They strung me along for days saying the bank needed this and that document to approve my father, even though he had perfect credit. They couldn’t fathom that my dad had always bought his cars in cash and had been driving an accord for a couple years, so the jump to a maserati set off red flags to them. I told them, no bother. I can cosign, or even lease it through my company… they strung me along. All the while ensuring me that the car was mine, even when I offered a deposit. "Don’t worry Mr… we’ve moved the car and put a sold sign on it.

I’m sure you can see where this is going. Finally fed up with the run around, I called and they “manager” told me they sold it to a cash buyer "a few days ago."
Basically, Maserati of Bakerfield is trash, and they are liars.
It’s sad, because I haven’t been able to find that exact car with those options anywhere. It was a black on red zegna interior, loaded. That’s the only thing my dad’s ever asked me for, and he deserves it more than anyone. He’s gone out of town and will be back first week of feb. I really wanted to surprise him.
I have other dealers that are willing to give me the same discount on other cars, but they’re not the car he wants.

Back to the drawing board. Maybe a blessing in disguise…
Deal can still be had with other dealers though, so if anyones set on this car, go for it. I can’t recommend avoiding the trash people above enough though. Worst dealership experience of my life. I know what some of you will say… “you never closed, you never this and that…” I get all that. But when the person tells me “it’s off the lot and marked sold, don’t worry.” What am I supposed to think? Lesson learned. Dealers are still scum and the sky is still blue. What’s new?

1 Like

Wow. A call to corporate is probably not going to do anything, but just to make a point. Also, they may have did you a favor by not putting your dad behind the wheel of what some say is mostly parts-bin Chrysler. If you want a high end SUV, take a closer look at the new Cayenne.

I tend to agree with you about the levante, but it’s what he wanted.

I went to look at the cayenne with him, we got the typical “porsche isn’t a need, it’s a want” line, as they let us walk out the door, only to call back half dozen times and even send a custom video message from their manager. That was rich.
I’ve cooled off considerably now since yesterday… End of the day, I’m upset about a Maserati being sold out from under me. Life could be worse.

Hi all – I am looking at a Maserati again tomorrow and wanted your thoughts on this deal –

We were there on Friday and they were showing us one with the following:

2017 Levante

MSRP: $82,600
Sale Price: $71,926
39 Months
5K miles
$4k down
$795 acquisition fee
Total payment: $598 (without tax)

We didn’t like the exterior or interior on that one, but they have a sister lot and found one we liked much better – he said they would basically run a similar deal on that one – the MSRP on that one is $80,725.

A few thoughts:

1.) What can I reasonably expect to negotiate as far as a sales price? Seems like it should be more than a 13% discount.

2.) The 5K miles doesn’t bother me. We live in an urban area and don’t drive THAT much. We have talked about this a lot and it will be a close call, but we think we will be OK. Extra miles are $0.30.

3.) The money down – we have a car now that we will trade-in – it is worth about $4K, give or take a bit. The salesman said they would do it no money down too, but there would just be a bigger payment. The thinking here is though – why keep a $4K clunker in the garage? This is probably the time to get my max value for it.

4.) Dealership said they would throw in the routine maintenance package for $1600 – is that market for this brand?

5.) Generally speaking – is this a good deal? It seemed to us to be a pretty good one – even when you break out the money down into monthly payments, this is less than 1%.

Let me know what you think and how much wiggle room I may have here. Appreciate the help.