2017 Maserati Levante S

Wtf is there to maintain in 15k miles over 3 years? One oil change?

1 Like

I’ve never owned one. I certainly get my oil changed now more than once every 15,000 miles, and was concerned about the cost of oil changes on this car. Should we not fear that?

Oil change on that might be $150 tops, not $1600. All modern cars have oil change intervals of 10k now

10k or 1 year. My service light comes on yearly, whether I have driven 4k miles or 10k miles…

So is the service package not worth it then, or is there other service in addition to the oil change? I have never owned a Maserati and was worried about high maintenance cost.

I changed my brake pads + rotors at only 8000 miles total cost with parts + labor was near $1000.
Maintenance cost is very expensive for any Maserati just a heads up.

1 Like

You abused the car if it need rotors at 8k. That or it’s the worst rotors ever made. $1k for pads and rotors isn’t that bad. Same as my 99 land cruiser with high quality rotors. Just for comparison I get about 35k miles on my land cruiser rotors and that s the heaviest suv known to man with another 1200lbs of sliders, skid plates and steel bumpers.

Do not accept any deal on any 2017 levante model that doesn’t at least have 15k off right off the bat. You’re getting robbed. shop around. for a car like this, don’t be afraid to travel.

Also, for a total 15k mile lease, you don’t need to buy the maintenance package. To my knowledge, oil changes aren’t included anyways.
From what I was told, levante have service intervals of 10, 20 and 30k.
At only 15k miles in 3 years, you’ll only need to pay for one service, which will be $500 or so from what I was told.

2 Likes

If I abused the car I wouldn’t have mentioned anything.
I actually get 50-60k miles on my pads on my toyota and lexus mainly city driving.
I am not an aggressive driver.

Maseratis have required maintenance at 12k or 12 months (whichever is earlier), 24k or 24 months (whichever is earlier), and 36k or 36 months (whichever is earlier). So, on a 36 month lease you will need only the first two services unless you drive it more than 36k, then you will need three. On a 39 month lease, you would need three services regardless of the number of miles. The pre-paid plan for the first two services cost $1,400 in May of last year. Not sure what the costs are now. You should clarify how many services are included in that $1,600 plan.

The car has a Ferrari derived engine. So, getting Joe at the corner repair shop to change your oil might not be the best idea. I’ve heard rumors about warranty issues without approved maintenance, as well as issues upon lease return. I know its a racket, but I decided to bite the bullet for peace of mind. Plus, the service light on the dash comes on when service is due (either due to miles or the passage of time), a special Maserati tool is needed to turn the light off, and dealers will not just turn the light off for you just because you ask.

What are the numbers for a 36 month lease? That will save you $$ on the third service.

Changed oil + filter myself on my Ghibli, was easy.
You can do maintenance yourself and taking your car to repair shop does not void warranty.