2017 Maserati Levante lease

I’m new to the forum. Still trying to get used to the terminology. Is this is a good lease to get into

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Maserati Levante]

MSRP: [$86450]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

Down Payment: [$5000]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$1082]

Zip Code: [48084]

1 Like

Yeah absolutely a horrible deal. First of all, how much are they discounting the car? Or are you just paying the full MSRP?

Also check whats the Money Factor on that car and see what number the dealer is using.

Lastly, you’re paying $1082 a month for a 86K car. Absolutely no. You should at least be able to get this car for about 750-800 (AT VERY LEAST).

3 Likes

Here are the details on the lease.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions

52 % RV. Your going to need a bigger discount…

Yea there are advertised deals that are much better than this, and even then they are nothing special. Take this as a comparable example in terms of sticker price and cash down (the additional fees would not make a huge change compared to what you are being offered).

http://www.maseratibeverlyhills.com/lease-specials/

It will really just come down to discount size, the residual on the car is pretty terrible so you should shop around dealers to see who will offer you the biggest one.

Can you upload the pic? The link is not working.

Scroll down to the Levante…

http://www.maseratibeverlyhills.com/lease-specials/

Wow! These are almost 1/2 the price quoted to me but are 5K and 7.5K mi per yr. Do u know how much does the pricing change per month for 12K miles/yr?
Thanks

Thanks @jim2527

The image example was for the $678 deal which is 10k miles a year. You should check the Edmunds forums, perhaps the residual takes a big drop from 10k to 12k miles but you should aim for that as a ballpark starting point

1 Like

Unfortunately Edmunds does not currently have any RV/MF data for Maserati.

I have heard that going from 7.5k to 10k decreases RV by 1 point and going from 10k to 12k decreases by another 1 point. So, to go from 7.5k to 12k would cost you 2 point of RV.

You might be able to backward engineer the numbers in the BH ad to see what kind of discount they must be offering. It looks like 23% to me. $643/mo. with zero down. So, with the RV and MF cited in your worksheet as well as the MSRP, if they gave you a 23% discount you would be looking at a pre-tax monthly payment of about $740 with zero down. That should be your target.

BTW – The MF looks high. In May, the MF on my Ghibli was .00013

1 Like

Thanks for your insight. What do you think would be the right RV and MF for october for 12k mi.
Thanks

I did speak to one of the Dealers yesterday. They are not going to throw much Discounts on Levante even though the sale price is closer to Ghibli as it is only a year in the market

The discounts might be little better towards the end of the year but not close to Ghibli discounts

1 Like

The RV is not set by the dealer so they should not be fiddling with it. If the deal sheet says 52% I would go with that; you could contact other dealers just to confirm though. That also lines up with Tommy’s post, there is a deal someone posted on the Edmunds thread for 36/10 which was around 54% on the RV from August. The RV may have gone down since then and you have 2k more miles a year.

For MF, the best thing you can do since the data doesn’t seem to be available is shop around dealers and see what they give you in the deal quote. You have to ask for it specifically though.

1 Like

I have no idea what the numbers are now. The numbers on my Ghibli in May were RV 53% (7.5k) and MF .00013. It looks like the RV for the Levante is a point better than the Ghibli.

That MF is good, but the RV on Maseratis is terrible. They are going to lease only as good as the discount you get off of the MSRP. With Ghibli you can get a sizable discount most everywhere you go. With Levante there are some examples of sizable discounts (see that Beverly Hills ad). You just need to find a dealer willing to deal. The SoCal dealers seem to be the best.

1 Like

Can anyone suggest me what would be the ideal price on 2017 Levante lease Zero down, 12K/ year for 3 years

Dealer1 left a message asking me what price I want so that I won’t shop around. And also suggest me shall I wait until December?

Dealer 1

MSRP : 91825
Dealer Discount: 13763

Dealer price 78062

Dealer 2

MSRP 82,500

So dealer 1 is giving you 15% off.

1. Not so strong as I would expect 20% off.
  2. 25% would be stellar
  3. 30% is jaw-dropping $488 deals from back August 2016.

After dealer discount we should look for lease cash etc right? I don’t think in Aug 2016 there were Levantes

You need 20% off msrp on this car.

That’s literally giving the dealer over 14,000 just to sign some papers. I wonder how they manage to stay in business.