2017 M4 competition coupe Best deal in country

I just returned my Audi at my local dealer, and the lease is over, even though Audi of America does not have possession. The OP states the car is in possession of BMW Honolulu, and seems to have washed his hands of the car. It is not entirely clear to me that the lease is not over. I guess when someone tries to assume it, they will find out.

1 Like

So out of curiosity, I input the VIN number into BMW’s lease assumption website, and received a message that “the vehicle you entered is not assumable.”

1 Like

Did you sign anything at your Audi dealer like odometer statement and exactly what you are turning in or just leave it in their parking lot?

Still has nothing to do with actual payment or balance which was my point.

I believe OP said BMW of Honolulu is holding onto the car (as I’m sure he’s a great customer and since it was repaired there) temporarily as he tries to transfer it before he “turns it in next week” which would require paperwork especially since he’s forgoing $11K.

1 Like

This is a crazy thread. That is some explosive history. Get a Vinwiki on it!

2 Likes

Yes, I signed an odometer disclosure.

BMW’s website indicates the M4 lease cannot be assumed, so I am not sure how the lease could be transferred.

1 Like

I told BMW Honolulu that I wanted to turn in. I said I would pay remaining balance off because I didn’t want it sitting at my house. So the lease is showing that its not assumable because I told them I was going to turn in early. I tried calling FS today but closed. It will be simple, I just tell them im going to transfer the lease…that’s what my guy said at BMW. Its a great deal! And car is in perfect conditions since its been repaired. Battery cost 1900 was replaced as well.

AS for post above if you’re in Hawaii I am most willing to transfer locally. I would need confirmation you have great credit and history leasing otherwise I have people lined up.

1 Like

This is one of the most interesting LH threads.

Where does this saga end?

1 Like

4 Likes

How many batteries does the m4 have?

1 Like

One really expensive one, apparently.

2 Likes

Just for you :wink:

My adjuster was amazed as well. 3500 total but battery alone was 1900. Pretty amazing.

4 Likes

lol @ the gif in the back round.

Nicely done

6 Likes

So what was the total repair bill?

1 Like

I think 28k some things added late so roughly that. The car is BRAND NEW. Seriously… My advisor was saying same things he didn’t understand why I wanted to part with it brand new. But oh well someone else’s gain.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m more surprised about the battery for $1900 or the manual for $300

3 Likes

Hey I didn’t see a response regarding the transmission. I’m guessing it’s probably a DCT, not 6MT, but thought i’d ask.

1 Like
1 Like

Even if the lease is over Bmw owns the asset and most assuredly wants to keep track of it.

2 Likes

The M3 uses a lithium ion battery that is incredibly expensive, $1900 is still a rip off, I believe wholesale is around 1k, but still, a ton for a battery.

1 Like

Wow!

That is insanity. I was dead wrong (never have any trouble admitting that).

1 Like