2017 M4 competition coupe Best deal in country

This post is very confusing. I am so lost.

3 Likes

It has a nasty history, but who cares, it’s a lease. As long as it’s been fixed back to OEM specs, it’s a great deal.

3 Likes

Why don’t you have possession of the vehicle?

As I understand it, it was stolen, then recovered (and then we’re taking your word that it was fully repaired since you don’t have current photos)… even if all of the above is true, why do you not have possession of a vehicle that’s supposedly in your name?

2 Likes

Oh I never said it was a bad deal! :slightly_smiling_face:

But it certainly has a history and should serve as a caution that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

1 Like

And is there nobody in Hawaii who wants this great deal? If the OP is ready to just let BMW take back the car, you would think he would accept a minimal payment from someone local to recoup some of his out of pocket costs. There would be no need to ship it to the mainland.

4 Likes

The screenshots really give me peace of mind… Good payment though if this is real haha.

1 Like

Why would I take photos of a car that’s being turned in though? I don’t have possession because Bmw is fixing car. They fixed it and now its being held at the facility. I said I didn’t want to drive just wanted to turn it in. They said cool but you should try and sell the lease. I just paid it off and said oh okay ill try that. I don’t really car I lease cars and get new ones. I don’t want to drive a stolen car its just not my preference.

1 Like

Strong no. Go type in 96734 and see there’s only like 3 cars on swapalease. Including every brand possible. Its a small island. Come fly to Hawaii and see the car if you don’t want to take the service advisors word for it. BMW Honolulu can’t be lying on this.

2 Likes

So does the transfer work like any other? Is there An application process etc when there is no payment due?

1 Like

That’s my biggest question. Let’s say everything is above board. You paid off the entire lease What exactly would someone be signing for? Just that they return the car after the term?

1 Like

Oh absolutely

Otherwise it would be a straw purchase

How could you register and insure it if not in your name?

1 Like

Car needs to be in your name to register and insure

If he just took money and never transferred it he would be liable for everything

1 Like

I get that but how does that work when the lease is paid off? What does the transfer look like?

1 Like

My assumption is it transfers the name and then no payments are due.

4 Likes

You are transferring overall liability too… BMW still need their car back in the appropriate condition.

2 Likes

I’m interested as I am in Seattle… let me know about the application process, same as a standard BMW transfer I assume? Also would BMW Honolulu be willing to arrange shipping to a BMW dealership in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

1 Like

Name checks out. You brave, crazy soul. Let us know what happens.

5 Likes

If the lease has been paid off, I wonder if BMW considers it over. I assume It is either that, or they now consider it to be a prepaid lease.

I would be worried about assuming a previously damaged car due to possible lease end damage costs. It is possible there is hidden damage now that will be picked up when the car is returned in January 2021. Additionally, there could be warranty issues if something goes wrong. BMW might take the position any problem is due to prior damage, and not covered by the warranty.

1 Like

My wife is from Hawaii, and has many relatives still there. I could ask one of them to check it out. However, $6,000 is more than I want to pay for a car for the next year, especially for a previously damaged one.

1 Like

The lease is not over… they don’t have the car in their possession. The positive balance is separate from the rest of the stipulations of the lease. Same as a one pay lease isn’t over on the first day of the lease.

Yes, existing damage could be a concern, but if it was fixed at BMW of Honolulu, probably not too much to worry about.

Someone will get a great deal.

1 Like