2017 Lexus RX 350 F Sport

For sure look around. I flew to Atlanta to get my wife’s RX350 last month because the two local Lexus dealers in St. Louis wouldn’t budge.

Ended up with $540 a month on a $56k car, with 4 MSD, zero down, and 15,000 miles a year for 36 months.

A flight for me cost $160, and it was 8 hours of my time, and 500 miles to drive back. Well worth the cost. My local dealer “best price” was $680 a month with the same terms. I ended up getting my wife the RX she wanted and got myself a mini for the same price!

Awesome! I guess I should get online and start looking

Atlanta, SoCal, Baltimore/DC and Chicago are the hot Lexus markets where there are lots of volume dealers who are pricing themselves to beat the 5 other dealers in town. Just start emailing a bunch asking what they got, and start at trying to get 13-15% off MSRP. If you qualify for any incentives it’s even better. Though lexus doesn’t really have any besides whatever they are running for the month unless you are a previous lexus customer.

1 Like

It should be very doable. Apples:apples the $335 XLE deals on this forum would yield a $400 Limited but the RV is 3% lower so that’s another $50…rough math but should be ballpark.

Assuming max MSD, reg and doc paid upfront just like the XLE deals.

1 Like

Omgosh! I made one call to a dealership about 3hrs away and got a sell price $2000 cheaper. Still payment 692.28 not great ,but that upfront pricing is BS.

I can get you an Fsport
Msrp 60047
Selling price 55367

39 months
610 a month
7500 miles
2000 total at signing for all the fees
0 down!!!

Here’s one in NH that’s already advertised at 12% off:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/691987864/overview/

With 64% residual for 36/10, and 0.00120, even at that advertised price you are well under $600 (I’m calculating $570 with no MSD, $500 with max MSD).

I’d call them up, ask if they are honoring that price for a lease. If they are, then shoot it over to someone at Lexus of Arlington in Chicago, they claim to beat any dealer quote by $500, and might have lower dealer fees. The residuals and MF are good through april, so shouldn’t be feeling any pressure to make the deal happen right away due to incentives changing or anything soon.

1 Like

Only 5k off msrp?
You can do way better.

Thank you! Thank You! I can’t believe I got $2000 more off with only a phone call. Not that that’s great ,but I feel like there is hope. I sent a few emails. They of course say everything will change tomorrow with the new month. Thanks again.

Could you please tell me? I’m going to post to see if the residuals and MF are the same for February on the Lexus RX 350 F Sport I do use the zip code where I’m purchasing or my zip code?? I hope that question isn’t stupid!

The zip code where you reside, i.e. the zip code on your registration

You really don’t know how greatful I am for the knowledge. I pay sales tax on only the portion of the lease I use right? I pay that upfront too right? I surely don’t want to pay interest on tax. BTW I got it down to $4800 below Msrp so far😳 Just don’t want any unnecessary stuff or tricks showing up…fees and stuff.

You were so right! Thank you! So far I got 4800 below msrp. Thank you for sharing this !!!

In PA I believe you pay sales tax on each monthly payment, not upfront and not with interest. AFAIK

Someone with direct knowledge of leasing in PA can confirm.

1 Like

Thank you .yes , sales tax . I’m sure is only on the portion that you are using…not the sell price . S only the sales tax on that and 9% use tax monthly.

Here’s the deal msrp $61,768 - $6008 off =$55,760
36/10,000 MF .00080 Residual 64% with 5 MSD + tax and fees. $527.17 Please advice.

What are you paying upfront? Is acquisition fee rolled in (seems like probably not)? Are they giving you the $500 lease cash available (is it included in selling price)?

I can’t back into your monthly number unless $527 is the untaxed monthly payment? If so, the payment with tax is about $569 (assuming 8% sales tax).

I am not sure you will do a ton better on that particular vehicle – we do not see a ton of great lease deals of Lexus around here.

1 Like

$2750 MSD $3091.14 tax tile and fees…I’m assuming add monthly tax to it also. Just emailed back ,because they had 1% more sales tax than I pay. Thoughts please???

I would roll everything but dealer doc fee, registration and first month payment into the lease and max the MSDs and see what the payment looks like. Better off using the cash upfront to reduce the money factor. I would personally go for a slightly better discount. You are only getting about 9% off after accounting for the lease cash. One approach might be to say to the dealer that you only want to pay first month payment and MSDs at signing and push them to eat registration, doc fee and acquisition fee. It is a tactic I have used in the past. Are you in a hurry to buy; if not, I’m certain you can eclipse this deal with the benefit of time and effort.

1 Like

I got some time. I just figured why pay interest on tax. If I can pay why not pay it up front. I was just frankly a little leary of put all those MSD out. I have never done that.