2017 Jaguar FTYPE Base

Thanks, makes perfect sense! On a side note, do you recall if Jag accepts MSD’s?

No MSDs on Jaguar…

1 Like

OP,
What was the total drive off cost? You only mentioned the cap reduction

Edit- nevermind. You mentioned few posts later that it was $3000 drive off $481.50/m (CA tax incl).

That is essentially ~ $550/m tax incl. with $0 drive off. If this could be had for $480-500/m with $0 drive off, i would say its an excellent deal.

How do you get a $0 drive-off? Are those the VW sign-and-drive? Do you roll all the fees (destination, doc, acquisition, first month payment) into the monthly?

$0 drive off seems different than $0 down.

$0 down is possible (the deals here are around $1,800 down) but I doubt that $0 drive-off is possible as there will be some money “due at lease signing” – at the minimum first month and tax

You can capitalize anything including taxes and first month payment. It just doesn’t make a ton of sense to pay tax on nontaxable items such as first month payment, registration, etc. I ordinarily only roll in the acquisition fee since it is taxable anyhow.

Also wanted to point out that this is a US Bank deal.

No swapping of leases (to others) and obviously no MSDs.

Lastly, on waiting for the “right time”- residuals move around a bit. I see the 69% residual as more of an anomaly more than a regularity. If a deal hits your price range, just pull the trigger. The '17 base coupes come in finite qty - you may just want to grab one before they are all gone.

1 Like

$0 down means no cap reduction
$0 drive off means no down/cap reduction, no 1st payment, no taxes, etc. sign paperwork and drive home

Didnt think of this. Good advice :+1:

Another thing to point out is that the US Bank deals don’t qualify for Jag rebates. Different bank and all. The high residual for 3 year term is pretty strange to me which is what made this a good deal… most are in the low 60s (BMW, MB, etc…). Also keep in mind that the 2018 “refresh” is very cosmetic and minor. I would say if you can get another $2k off… it’s a steal… I am very pleased with this deal for the amount of car you get. People pay more for 4 series than this.

1 Like

From what I recall while researching this (prior to @atomhawk deal) - I think they move the MF and residual % around to balance it out. So if the MF goes higher, they also move the residual higher and vice-versa. I think I saw somewhere here during mid-2016 where the residual was lower but the MF was also lower.

If the lease is through US Bank, can you still sell, buy out, or trade the car in to Jag or other dealers prior to lease end?

How are Jags with lease return (wear and tear)?

he has not responded to anyone as of late it seems

I should have defined things better.

Reassignment of lease to another person/entity is not allowed. Think Leasetrader / Swapalease.com type of deals for this scenario.

Purchase and buying out the lease is always available. Your most recent question applies to this second case. Buying forward lease / lease loyalty programs (as in they’ll eat 3-6 months remaining months if you lease another vehicle) usually are offered by brand specific FS (aka MBZ Financial or BMW Financial).

I’ve never returned a Jaguar, but most of the European cars are now moving to a 3rd party inspection process. Wear and tear is also typically defined by the bank. US Bank’s definitions are pretty standard in that tires need 4/32 tread, dings, scratches no larger than half a credit card in length, etc etc.

Thanks for clarification

If the lease is through US Bank, and say around the 2yr mark of a 3yr lease i want to trade my car into the Maserati dealer for a different vehicle, will US Bank allow this as normal manufacturer supported leases do?

Hopefully someone here has experience turning back a Jag after the lease is up, Im interested on their lenientcy

Wait so is this deal still available?

There is no published “deal”, you have to negotiate this one-on-one. Call Todd @ Rusnak, he will tell you if he can do something for you or not

I did all the number crunching last night and looked at all the past threads. The deal that Jaguar Norwood I believe (October '16) had for 89,245$ 2016 F Type S RWD manual for $479 with 4k down + TTL (39/10k) was the best deal ever. I did the ratio and it’s on-par with the recent 2017 Maserati Ghibli lease deal.

This deal is good but if you want the best then get the lease when the new model lands. Looks like I’m going to hold out as one of my leases doesn’t close till June of this year…

Some other notes after looking at the super base F type - no backup cam (:rage:), no BSM, no heated seats, no sunroof, no active exhaust button (:sunglasses:), no keyless put your hand in the door to unlock, no power lift gate, no Apple Carplay/Android Auto (2017 really?)

1 Like

RWD in the picture, not that it really matters.

1 Like

Even the premium v6 doesn’t have most of those options or even the v6s. All of it are in separate packages and options. Heated seats / steering wheel in Cold weather package. Active exhaust is standalone option for v6 models. Blind spot monitoring & power lift gate is part of the Premium / Vision package. The backup camera is also part of the Vision package. Apple / Android car play won’t be available on any of the models until 2018. Option / packages for the FTYPE are like a BMW. Christ, my premium v6 convertible is close to $84000 just because it has most of the options / packages. Even the v6 premium or v6s are lacking a lot without all the packages added to it.

I just built one out on the Jaguar website and you’re 100% correct. Everything is optional including things that I would’ve thought were standard. Well the federal laws requiring backup cams is kicking in so I can’t imagine they’re going to wait past 2018 to add it. Ridiculous that they tie the Premium and Vision Package together at $3,700 driving the price up even more as those are never equipped alone (100k car usually).

1 Like