2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

We still have the 2k factory rebate and 1k with Uber but only a few dealerships in California even mention the Uber one. I see no issue getting around 5k off MSRP. I contacted Hyundai corporate and they said BoostUp is ending Sept 30, 2017. I also think I may wait for a 2018. Just an FYI, for 2018 the basic package Elantra Sport will now have a sunroof and blind spot monitor with rear traffic alert as standard equipment!

1 Like

I did see this about excluding on the sport.

ā€œSales Event Cash available on the following 2017 Hyundai Elantra vehicle trims purchased from dealer stock between 7/6/17 and 7/31/17: SE/Eco/Value/Limited. Not applicable on 17MY Elantra Sport vehicle trims. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends July 31, 2017.ā€

Cant speak for other rebates though.

Side note, the sales cash event that it says you get the money sent back to you. Is there any easy way in the system to have it apply to the down payment instead? Or do you just cash it and use it on notes?

I have to say, this car really is an amazing machine.

I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and drove a 38k Camaro Convertible with a bunch of upgrades for the week and by the 3rd day I missed my little Elantra Sport. Itā€™s better equipped, feels faster and more nimble, and felt way more expensive on the inside. Itā€™s amazing what you get here for the money.

Anyway, thought Iā€™d post here my little story for anyone. I ended up getting into a Manual Trans model with the premium package. 25.2k MSRP. for $500 down and only $175 a month. Thatā€™s 36 months/12k. I didnā€™t even pay for the first month and they drove it 3 hours to my house to take delivery! Never stepped in a dealer and never will again.

I did an interview cause I used this guys system (didnā€™t think I needed it and thought it was a joke, but I was blown away by how much better I was able to do using it). I didnā€™t use this for my gf lease and the deal was not nearly as good, just used leasehackr threads.

Ya the sales event cash is $500 here but itā€™s just taken off MSRP. Im sure you could talk them into including that with the 2k. You canā€™t apply that to the down. BoostUp is the only one that does. Totally worth it.

What did you do differently?

Followed his templates (slightly modified by myself to sound better as I felt they were a bit robotic). It seemed to make some dealers respect me more and get right to business.

Used the general information given to just go through the steps he lays outs. From what day of the week to send email 1 then on to emails 2 and 3. Itā€™s a nice packaged system that works fast.

He also answered any questions I emailed him about within a day and really helped me a lot through the process. Got a better deal than I ever thought possible and love the car!

Before that, I was just emailing a few dealers, going in and trying to haggle a bit, doing some phone calls, but I wasnā€™t getting to the prices I wanted. Just seemed like a dead end. That was when I decided to give this a shot. Worked out and I think it was worth the money.

When I leased my 6mt, they simply used the lease cash to drop the MSRP to $19,5k

So then they based the lease on the new MSRP? Or did they drop the selling price too?

I feel that the system you signed up with is a tad expensive. There are plenty of other competitors websites that does the same. Do you think it helped that much more than from forum members here? Why donā€™t you you share some sample emails with us and see if we think this system is excellent, above average or mediocre. Or alternatively you can pm me some emails. Iā€™d be curious to see how different his email template is versus the others floating around on here. There were at least a half dozen sites that I have visited that claim a system. Some charge per brand and model car which is ridiculous. I would think the more you read here and experience you can do similar.

One of the best things is really finding high volume dealers. They give best comparable prices. In the past I have used fitzautomall in Maryland in tg and past. The dealer you got is slightly better than the deal I currently have but I got mine 18 months ago. I lease a 23k MSRP sonata for $176 w/10k miles. Didnā€™t even know about uber. Boost up didnā€™t exist I donā€™t think. Crazy high taxes where I live too.

How about something a lot nicer? I have loaded Mini coopers for less.I also have some Toyotaā€™s in North Carolina I am about to post.

I have camryā€™s for the same $$$ and even Tacomaā€™s.

Watch out for the list.

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

Not sure why you donā€™t think the Elantra sport is nice though? It comes with full leather, moonroof, lane change alerts, good gas mileage, 200 turbo charged horses, good handling, heated seats, android auto integration, nice audio system. I guess the only issue is the hyundai badge, but if you can look past it, itā€™s hard to find a better Sporty car for the money (believe me I looked).

I checked the mini list and only saw the big clubman models on it?

Considering how much the guy who runs the site helped me. I donā€™t think itā€™d be a good idea to give away half his system by posting the emails here.

I think with a ton of research you might be able to. I tried to and wasnā€™t able to. I took the jump and found it to be worth it. Now i have the information and these templates for life that I will use to help myself and friends on all future car purchases.

Learning I could have any dealer deliver the car to house was worth it alone. I did not come across that being discussed here with much confidence.

By your logic you canā€™t use his templates to help friends and family.

If I know them personally I would be happy to help them and do all the work for them to get a deal.

Again it is all about contributing to the community learning pool and not just taking.

~$275 + tax tag fees a month if you are interested.

1 Like

If you search my post you see I have posted a lot here to try to help people out. I run my own business and understand the need to respect peoples material. That is all. Everyone needs to make money somehow.

thank you for the post Loberant!

Iā€™ve had the car since April. While it is amazingly well sorted out, and I love the design inside and out, I am not impressed with the interior materials. The plastics feel super cheap. I wasnā€™t expecting more, but the fit and finish of my 2008 Saturn Astra is leaps ahead. Iā€™ve driven a GLI, and I dare say that the Elantra Sport is neck and neck the same feel overall, but I think Hyundai needs to work on their trim a bit.

Donā€™t get me wrong. They have done a lot really well. The exhaust note is amazing and almost worth the cost of admission. And for a $200 a month lease, Iā€™m not put out in the least.

Which leads me to wonder just how bad the Camaro must beā€¦

Horrid haha, Iā€™m amazed how much it was praised because the cars interior is just terrible and unless you get the top trim engine, it isnā€™t even any faster than the Sport