2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

@psychowix

$2000 down
$3000 cash lease
$400 college grad

Just got off the phone with Curry Hyundai they said they could do the same deal at $209/month. I’m assuming that Danbury will match or I’ll just go to Curry.

Talk to John Restrepo at Danbury

i love curry, they are the best, even though i don’t work with them

Wow! And I thought my deal was good.

I had $4500 in rebates as well, but got the Manual w/ Premium package at $174 a month 36/12k.

I had $500 down from boostup too, but I didn’t get any of the F&I stuff.

Did you negotiate on those at all? Why get them?

What do you mean, it’s gone… as in, it doesn’t exist anymore??

I mean that I don’t see it as an option on neither Hyundai dealer website nor Hyundai USA website. I did not ask the dealer about it.

It’s not on the Hyundai website but all dealers I spoke with in the DMV area honored it for a Value I just leased on Sunday. None of the dealerships were forthcoming about it though even when i asked for a list of all rebates. When I said I was an Uber driver, they seemed shocked and slightly annoyed because I had pressed hard for a lower cap cost.

Today I finally test drove an Elantra Sport with the 6sp manual transmission, and it blew my mind. I did have unexpectedly high hopes for this car, based on car magazine reviews and youtube videos. but it was just as good or better than I expected.

Unfortunately, this particular model did not have the premium package, and its the only manual within a 200 mile radius of my home. The salesman said Michigan dealers are offering employee discount pricing, and additional $2500 rebate. I didn’t have enough time to go over lease numbers, but I know Hyundai does not offer the low MF when you combine the employee pricing with higher rebate.

This is a very rare case where I would consider a purchase over a lease. I’ll post up lease numbers once I get back with the salesman.

I’d personally still lease. The last thing you need in life is to have to own a 5-10 year old Hyundai down the road…

I say that as I currently own one and hate it.

If the MF is really high I’d rather buy it. Saving the acq fee is just icing on that cake.

I don’t know why people are afraid of holding cars for longer than a typical lease term or selling them private party. Some of my best hacks have come that way.

I actually was a buyer before I came across LH and have since become a leaser. So I’m still stuck with my old Elantra that feels like it’s constantly on its last leg despite being under 150k. I’ve put thousands into it to try to keep it alive and it just feels like I’m constantly resuscitating it. But it’s now gotten to the point that there are so many problems that there’s just no way to identify all the causes and fix them all without forking out thousands more.

The problem is, the car was and is pretty worthless, so I never would have come out on top with this car no matter what way you look at it. Definitely feels like Hyundai skipped a few steps in the manufacturing process. I like the Elantra for sure - I just wouldn’t own one again.

Sounds like it’s time to dump it and move on. Even if you got nothing for it (even worthless cars can sometimes get three or low four figure sums on craigslist), you got ~150k miles out it. That’s like 4 consecutive 3yr/36k leases. I’m sure you are coming out ahead

1 Like

I think the depreciation on these hyundai’s is extremely fast since there are so many of them.

I actually bought it used 4 years ago, so I went about it completely wrong. I’ve put a little over 50k miles on it in 4 years.

Between purchase price and maintenance, I’ve put about $12k into it over 4 years. This is probably the biggest reason why I won’t purchase again is just because if I’m going to spend $10k+ on a car for 3 years, I may as well get a new one that I like. Even my Genesis lease for 3yr/45k isn’t going to cost me $10k.

I agree, though. I really should dump it. It’s just hard to say bye. It’s like an abusive ex-girlfriend and the convenience of having two cars is so nice even though we really don’t need it…

Although it’s different for everyone, I’ve done the cost benefit in a spread sheet. Given my driving habits and choice of vehicles, I, on average, spend 25% less to lease. Even versus a few vehicles I owned for 8+ years and generally paid off in four.

Yeah, I think I’m the same way. It makes this hobby even more fulfilling.

I’m with your guys, I lease 90% of the time. Like I said, the only reason I would consider purchase is if the incentives to buy were $2-3k cheaper than leasing.

Luckily in the Detroit area, there are very few Elantras or Hyundai in general. I swapped the Hyundai trunk badge with the Genesis badge on my 2016 Genesis sedan, and people still ask me what brand my car is.

I just think the 6MT Sport is an exceptional car, which is why I’m strongly considering it. It’s basically what I wanted the Audi A3 to be when it came out in the sedan form.

Agree this thing is an exceptional value that makes for a really great daily driver…this coming from someone who has never driven a manual car before. I find it very easy and forgiving to learn driving stick on this car.

Dealer I’ve been working with the past week gave brief updates on lease numbers this month. MF basically stayed the same, slightly up to 0.00007. But he said residual went up 2%, so now 54% for 36/12. Waiting for him to email me a quote with new numbers in writing. Still waiting…

1 Like

Been starting the process here in California on leasing Elantra Sport M/T with Premium Package 36/15 using Boostup and Uber. Planned on offering $1000 down (well $500 and boostup match to $1000) and $250 p/mth all inclusive. This is based on rates I got on Edmunds of .0004 MF and 50% RV. Any ideas or other deals similar to this?

What rebates are you seeing there in the normal side?