2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

Horrid haha, I’m amazed how much it was praised because the cars interior is just terrible and unless you get the top trim engine, it isn’t even any faster than the Sport

Agreed and I respect you not wanting to blow this guy’s business out of the water. I think it’s up to each individual to do their research, look over costumer feedback and make the decision for themselves. And in this case… it means paying for it.

1 Like

I would…and so would many others be interested in an Tacoma.

Unless your writing a lease with a third party or discounting like 10grand toyotas mf screws a good deal on a Tacoma. Had one dealer come back at 6grand off and it was still $345 a month. And that was a last day of the month omg we need 2 more sales number. If it had a normal mf like we see from other company’s it would have been $225-250 and I would have it.

So I just lease a 2017 Hyundai Elantra sport today.

MSRP: 23680
Selling price : 22640
Rebates: 3250 from Hyundai and 500 loyalty
Residual: 54%
MF: .00055(.00085 Teir 5)
First/taxes/DMV: 1227
Monthly: 205(214.75)
Yes I do know based on the above it should only be 207 a month, but considering I keep not getting approved or hit with massive credit bumps, I am ok with a few more dollars a month to get the car. If anyone in the Long Island area is looking for this car, go to Lindsay at Atlantic Hyundai.(say jeffrey says hi) Mention the forum and give these details and they will do the lease. If you want to try for a few dollars off the 205 price I’m sure you could get it by getting them to lower the selling price a few more dollars.

Manual? Auto? Premium package? How many miles per year?

Sorry about that.
10k a year
Automatic
Not premium

Pretty much exactly what I am paying, with no money down. I’m happy with it. Good cost benefit.

What numbers are we seeing this month for the elantra eco model? Trying to find out the MF and all so when I go in ill know what to expect and see if they try to screw me.

Anyone lease an Elantra Sport lately? 2017 or 2018? This thread has kind of died off. Any good deals? I don’t see $3000 lease rebate cash on their website anymore. Was available early in this thread I think. Uber rebate is definitely hit and miss with leases. Some dealers accept it, some don’t. BoostUP is supposedly going away the end of this month. Seems like a great car. Several people in this thread were at or around $200/month. Just wondering if this is still possible. I’m looking for 2017 or 2018 but must have Tech package. Also must be a manual. I have no clue how to drive an auto. Thanks in advance!

Put car in D. Put foot on gas pedal to go, brake to stop. When you arrive at your destination, put vehicle in P. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried to lease one, but the deals were not that good. Cheapest offer I got was $500 upfront (inc 1st payment), then $259/mth. So I just got a Civic with turbo. It is almost as fast, get WAY better MPG, and has a nicer interior IMO.

Thanks for the info. I’m also considering a Honda Civic 1.5 or Si. They are just so common with 600k sold a year and the Sport at like 4000. How is the lease on your Civic?

It was approx $600 down, which was license plate, all the fees,etc and first payment. Then $237/mth for an EX-T. Also go them to throw in free all weather mats, which are like $185, so that is like the equivalent of $5/mth.

Another thing I liked about the Civic is you can get lighter interiors, like I got Cosmic Blue which has gray interior. You can only get black with the Elantra Sport, and it creates a bit of the “sea of black” thing.

But yeah, you have a point, there are a million Civics out there. But on the other hand, the Elantra Sport looks so close the the regular model, not sure it is much different.

To each their own. The Civic looks like an anime vacuum cleaner to me, the Sport closer to an A3 or A4.

Not sure if you would be interested, but I was in the same boat as you last month.

The short supply of available Elantra sports on dealer lots locally made it pretty clear that a good deal on one was going to be pretty difficult.

Car had to be a manual, somewhat fun to drive and <$200 a month for a 3/36.

Started negotiations on Jetta SE manuals and ended up at $159 a month with $490 down.

Very happy with the car so far. While the interior is not quite as upscale as the Elantra sport and doesn’t quite have the same performance, I’m finding very enjoyable to drive.

Good luck!

That was part of my issue, and what pushed me towards the Civic. The Elantra Sports were just in very short supply, and other than lease cash, the dealers didn’t really seem willing to discount them.

I’m glad I got in when I did! They got rid of the DCTs fast, but the manual was on the lot for a bit. I ended up with $3k in lease cash. MSRP was around $19k, hence the low lease rate.

Same! Loving my Elantra sports with premium package & manual trans for $175 a month (put $500 down).

Literally best car I’ve ever had for this price.
0 complaints.

edit: started new topic