2017 Honda Clarity Electric (36 mo/20K) for $199/mo with $899 due (not including taxes, registration and fees) CA and OR residents only

Actually this isn’t like what Hyundai is doing with Ioniq EV at all. Every Hyundai dealer is SoCal are jerks. NONE of them would honor the Unlimited miles program stated on Hyundai’s website. That’s assuming they even knew about the program. The one’s that did, we’re all asking above what was advertised price. Hyundai says on the website it’s easy haggle free experience. That couldn’t have been farther from the truth.

Hey skyline31518, yes your leasing number we’re the same as mine except I didn’t know about recent grad deduction. I wouldn’t have qualified for that anyways. After all our rebates, my monthly payment comes out to roughly $166/month. Our sales rep didn’t mentioned anything about a break in period. Then again there’s no maintenance except maybe tire rotation. If there is something wrong it’s covered by the warranty. My wife told me the other day she actually looks forward to driving the Clarity, even in SoCal traffic.

Thanks guys for your great inputs :slight_smile:

True, there’s only tire rotation every 5,000 miles which cost less than $20 i’ll say. Does your HondaLink app shows your tire pressure? mine only shows the battery and start the climate control, no tire pressure monitoring. Yea, I love to drive my Clarity too! now I’m just trying to find the right hole plug for the front license plate. On Honda’s website it look so clean without a license plate mount in the front. Eventually I want to drive it down to LA, test if I can make it for this 350 miles trip. DC Fast charging on highway 101 is everywhere so we shall see. So far I don’t see any Facebook Group for Clarity Electric, maybe I should make one so people who has it can share their own experience with the car.

I can’t even get our HondaLink app to even work. After I enter the VIN, it keeps asking me for 4 digit pin to activate features. How did you find your pin? I called Honda Link help desk number and I kept getting passed from department to department. No one seemed to know what to do. Wow, your brave driving down to LA :slight_smile:

Wow, that does suck… At least Honda now stepped up :slight_smile:

Does anyone know whether this Clarity electric lease deal will be temporary or is it a permanent change in the lease structure for this car?

I thought you set your own PIN? try a 4 digit code that you use often so you don’t forget.Honda’s system is super old. It’s using Android 4.2 system and the car itself even have an airplane mode!! xD The HondaLink is super buggy, I spend half of day today finally to get it to work. The only way that you can find out how many battery % left is using the phone app looks like down below. Honda’s infotainment system is so old and confusing very unclear. Let me know if you need more help!

No one knows. It was $2000 more couple weeks ago. That’s why I didn’t consider it. Now it’s so cheap yet I don’t bother to ask for more discount. I know people prob want $79 car and waiting. but I think you can’t find anything else on the market with this kind of quality of interior + feature. This offer will stay the same until the end of the year, so take your time to shop around December. But they do run out fast so you might want to put a $100 deposit on one of them at mid December if you can’t lock down other lease.
Did you go test drive them both?

Anderson Honda(NorCal) is where I got mine from, sales person is Jerod Jones. Super nice person, talk nothing like sales person but a tech savvy. Never push me to make my up my mind. Text him after hour, he will always reply my message. Highly recommended!

I didn’t know this was possible. Is this dealership specific?

I test drove the electric…what is the other one?

Thanks! But I’m in SoCal, near Pasadena…

I talked to Sierra Honda - Frank Gray, hes a pretty cool guy. regardless which dealership you go to. The number will be all the same. So just pick the car color and interior color. any dealership will be fine.

The Bolt.

I think they just started to doing this since they run out pretty quickly.

Can you apply is the $2500 CA rebate, or is that included in the low pricing?

Yes you can! that’s why at the end it’s around $166 a month.

I leased ours from Weir Canyon Honda in Yorba Linda. Matt Refaie was really cool. No pressure at all. He took his time and went over all the features of the car. It really doesn’t matter where you go as Honda has fixed the pricing on lease. As long as you can find a dealer that has one, they should all be the same price. Skyline31518 got an extra $500 off for recent grad. Congrats on graduation.

Thanks for this info, Honda sales rep guy.

Wow Android 4.3? What was that Jelly Bean? I tried putting any 4 digit and it still wouldn’t work. A Honda case manager called me yesterday. I’ll give him a call and see if he can help me out.

Ive been trying to get a dealer who can/will give any info at all about when they will be getting a plug in hybrid version of this car in (California)…so far no luck. No one has any idea if or when they will be landing at their dealership, just that its meant to be the first of December, but will likely be sometime in December! :frowning:
I really want to get one (buying) signed up and done before December ends. I was reading there is a chance of the federal rebate ending next year. So I am crossing my fingers that my transaction will go through in December

I’ve test driven the electric and the fuel cell, loved them both.!

Yea, I was stuck at the verification code that Honda supposed to send it to the car. So I delete the whole car in my account and redo it again. and it works! But it was a good 5 min wait time for them to send the code to the car. Gotta be patient. Let me know how it goes!

Yep, same here. No one knows. No lease pricing either.