2017 F-type Base Coupe $418 a month $0 down

That’s what I’m now discovering. I just sent a yelp request out to Evolution Motorsports and Simon’s stereo for a quote to install front and rear cameras. Also posted on r/losangeles to see if anyone else has recommendations. Kind of nervous that a shop could really mess things up if they don’t know what they’re doing.

I did DIY and used navtv. I got my camera from amazon. Used the search tool uploaded some pics few months ago.

Hmm I checked your history and don’t see any of those pics. But either way, I’m just not confident enough in myself to do it right without screwing something up. Do you by chance have a link to the cameras you got off Amazon? I’d love the recommendation if you’re satisfied with them.

Try relinking - that takes me to the cart rather than the actual product page.

Lol

https://www.amazon.com/ARECORD-Waterproof-Definition-Viewing-License/dp/B01B5S5K3W/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp

Thanks! Interestingly, it says Audio Motor Sports down in Long Beach will do the install for $95. I wonder if I can get them to quote me the NavTv as well. This looks like a really good option. Thanks!

If it 95$ it’s a good deal…

I’m sure that doesn’t include wiring so that estimate will go up. But it’s a great option to have since they seem to have great yelp reviews. Do you use the same camera for the front as well? Or did you only get one for the rearview?

Rear camera only. No need for wiring it’s included in the module.

Don’t you need to get the NavTV so that the camera functions with the OEM screen? IE so that when you put the car in reverse, it turns the rear view camera on

I bought navtv and camera. But the camera has all the wire included.

I see. Thanks. I’ll probably do the same and buy both the navtv and camera, and then have one of these shops get it all set up. I’d love to get a front facing camera too but don’t know if that’s doable.

Navtv can do both front and rear. But I’m lazy that’s why I did rear only. Took me 5hrs to complete. A lot of drilling lol

Lol. Great to know. Thank you! Maybe I’ll order two of those cameras to use for front and back.

Another F-Type question - does anyone get “low battery” warnings? I’ve been getting a lot of them.

Make sure you dont have anything plugged into the cig lighter or into the obd2 port. Other than that, get the dealer to replace your battery. Its a 2017 so it could have sat at the lot for a while

Thanks. I’ve started unplugging my radar detector ever since seeing it (didn’t realize it would stay on even when the car is off). I did take it in to Galpin Jag yesterday and the Jag adviser said to ignore it. I’m just hoping it doesn’t die on me at some point.

That would make it a true Jag ownership experience. Lol.

2 Likes

Probably for the best to do more long distance driving and road trips in the Genesis anyway. :smiley:

1 Like