Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

Security Deposit: [$3500]
Total Due At Signing: [$1,500]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$258.64]

Zip Code: [32541]
Sales Tax Rate: [6%]

OK guys, I decided maybe this was more efficient while still not disclosing the dealer. Here’s what happened. I negotiated this deal here in Atlanta and was ready to sign, and about 10 minutes into my test drive, the buyer of my car pulled out, saying he couldn’t get the financing done. He actually gave me a pre approval letter, etc. but for some reason the bank didn’t do the deal with him. So since the wife won’t let me have two cars, I have to let this deal go.

This is an E300 in Polar White with Macchiato Beige/Black interior. P1, Wheel Locking Bolts, Comfort Box, Sport Wheel Package, Burmester sound. Has approx 9100 miles on it, so the lease would run until 40k miles.

They worked the deal in such a way to maximize MSDs and it only worked based on the 6% tax rate. So whomever may be interested, the exact payments will only work if you a)are not in a state that charges tax on the whole purchase upfront, like GA, b) you have USAA or PenFed or some other way to get a $2000 discount, and c) you can close on the deal pretty quickly.

So, I’ll only give the dealer’s contact info to one person. The dealer wanted me to ensure that I don’t post his contact information anywhere, so please only contact me if you are interested in closing this deal. I seriously contemplated getting it and trying to keep selling my car but the wife inserted words of wisdom in my ear. And since I would not have been able to get this deal if it wasn’t for reading this forum the past few weeks, I figured I would pay it forward and offer it up here. No finders fee, no nothing. Just want to make this dealer whole for all the time he spent and give someone here what I consider to be an amazing deal.

So, please PM me if you are interested and meet the requirements.

Thanks all.

7 Likes

also, you’ll have to come to Atlanta to do the deal, otherwise you’ll have to pay any additional fees for signing documents remotely, etc.

PM sent {20 chars…)

Hi everyone,

Phantomcypher is taking the deal. Congrats man!

1 Like

Awesome that you are passing this deal along to someone on here.

@Phantomcypher how many cars do you need? :joy:

1 Like

The man is going to save the car industry all on his own!

Going to need to build another garage soon.

1 Like

Please let me know if it falls through.

I’m ready to pull the trigger

Great deal!!! I would have loved to have gotten this

But of course you would have. Instead of your 750 deal that you can’t refuse, right?

1 Like

On the one day I wasn’t tuning in to the forum regularly, this deal shows up! What a steal. OP, if you come across another one… :slight_smile:

Oh, and grats, Cypher :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,

So this was my first lease negotiation. I’ve bought and sold over 45 cars for myself over the past 30 years or so, but have always stayed away from leasing because I could not reconcile the advertised lease prices with what I could do on a purchase. For some reason I never connected that you could negotiate hard on a lease and actually end up in pretty good shape. Had I known this two years ago, I would not have bought my 2012 X5 diesel that I am trying to sell right now for a loss. Or at least I was trying to; I think I’ll just keep it now.

Many of you have PMd me asking how I found the car, how I did the deal, if I can get more, and if I can tell you the dealer’s name. I’m going to answer the first two, but the answer to the second two is NO. I am just a regular guy, I don’t have any inside connections, and I have a commitment with the dealer that I could share his information, or share the deal details, but not both. My initial plan if I bought the car was to share his information but not share details other than to say “you have to see this guy”. But I didn’t want this deal that I worked hard on to go to waste, so I put the details out here. For all that missed out, I feel your pain. Trust me. I do.

OK, so here’s how it went down. I saw a couple of people posting about cheap E-Class leases, as well as others posting about service loaners on here, and how so long as they were under a certain number of miles, they could be great deals. So I started looking at local dealers’ sites to see if they had any service loaners on sale, and none of the local MB dealers listed any. I then thought about looking out of state, and did a Google search for something like “Mercedes Retired Service Loaner”. I found a dealer in the NE that had a few E300s listed for something like $8,000 off. I thought that was pretty cool, but I heard one poster had something close to that as a discount on a new one, so I figured there may be a way to “stack discounts”. Then I heard about the USAA/PenFed discount available, and realized that the E-Class has the highest percentage USAA discount ($2000) of any of the models. BMW’s discounts couldn’t touch it either.

So I sent an email to a dealer here in town asking about a retired service loaner, and gave them the parameters I was looking for by using the LH Calculator. I said I was looking for something around $260 with Max MSDs and a total of around $5K down, figuring I only wanted to put down first month and maybe acquisition fee and doc fee. The dealer responded to me saying they really didn’t have anything like that, certainly not at that payment, but he would look around again. He then emailed me the next morning and told me that he had a list of active service loaners that were “eligible for retirement”, and he thought he might have a deal for me, although not exactly what I wanted (slightly higher payment). He sent me a build sheet and a worksheet on the deal, and I then said that it was pretty attractive, but I don’t think I could make the numbers work. After a few more conversations, he and his used car manager worked for an hour or so and came back with the new numbers that were actually lower than what I asked for. Based on that, I said OK I’m coming over later today. He went over everything in his office with me and it was all legitimate. He then said he had never seen a deal as good as what we had put together, and I believed him. I couldn’t believe that I was going to be getting a $60K car for $258/mo including tax!

Of course, then the call came from the buyer of my X5 and everything took a different turn.

So, here are some pointers that worked for me:

1. Contact dealers in your area and ask them if they have any active service loaners that are eligible for retirement. Try to get one with between 7-9K miles for the best deal.
  2. Know ahead of time what kind of hack deal you want, and propose that to them, instead of starting out asking what their best deal is (I know this might go against others’ wisdom, and maybe it’s wrong, but it worked for me). Be sure to break everything down.
  3. Remember the $50 roundup on MSDs. The sales guy saw that if he lowered the price of the car by $10, the base payment came under $350 which meant that I could have $3500 of my $5000 due go towards the security deposit and it would lower my monthly payment also. But $10 more, the lease payment was like $351, which then meant $4000 would go towards the security deposit, which seemed like a better idea, but the former ended up saving me $38 over the 36 month term so I went with that option.
  4. Don’t forget about other discounts, like USAA/PenFed which stack on top of everything. Make sure you include that in step 2.

I can’t tell you much about shopping other dealers. It’s possible that other ones in the area could have done better, but honestly I couldn’t see how. Plus, this guy worked his tail off for me, so I was going to give him the business.

I hope this helps, and apologies if the post is too long. But I have had my inbox flooded with questions and requests for “more cars”, so I thought this would be helpful to the community. Hopefully I’ll join the ranks of not just a lease hackr but also the owner of a lease hackr car one day. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Is that selling price with or without the rebate ?

what’s required to qualify for USAA or Penfed?

I guess you just join PenFed for $25.

Save up to $4,500
on select Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Login to access your savings.

Simply report your completed purchase from a Certified Dealer within 45 days and receive $1,000 + worth of FREE bonus benefits.

Here is from dealer’s site:
http://www.justmercedes.com/penfed.htm

And I guess this is the definitive answer to the question of “how can I drive a luxury car for the payment of a Camry”?

Ps Since leasehackrs today answered the two most important questions in leasing, then we should start health insurance hackr soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still waiting on real estate hacker doe…

1 Like

sorry…with the rebate. I’ll adjust the numbers.

Car that was listed by OP was sold by the time the salesman called me back. He worked up a deal on same MSRP car with more miles approx 9,200 on the clock price has gone UP!

Now it’s $284.62 PLUS taxes which brings me to $311.77 incl 7.5% tax rate.

Summarizaing the car is the same MSRP, same incentives, more miles on the clock and it’s gotten 22% more expensive according to OPs quoted numbers.

Thoughts?

@Phantomcypher
still an E300 under $300…not much to think about…other than that car is bland AF! I’d only drive it because it’s so cheap but zero sex appeal IMO!

Also, aren’t you on west coast? You gonna ship it?

How much did they increase the sales price by?