2017 E300 Service Loaner Deal INFORMATION ON HOW I GOT IT BELOW

Warranty will still be intact even with the 9200 miles to start.

Do they just have you go until 39,200 miles? Or was there the calculation that has to be done like when leasing BMW executive demos? (They have you buy back miles, reducing the RV, but make it up to you with a reduced sales price)

To be fair on the miles, itā€™s 100 miles more than the first car, so not that much more. But I guess the $40 swing in price is a bit steep. That being said, itā€™s still a great price I think, just not as good as the first one.

1 Like

Does PenFed apply to demos? Everything Iā€™ve seen before suggests that the fleet discount only applies to new vehicles.

Shhhhh donā€™t tell them :wink:

I hope nobody swooped it.

I still think the $284+tax is still a fantastic price for a nearly $60k vehicle.

My dealer is telling me that retired loaner cars are ineligible for the USAA/PenFed discount even if they have not been titled? Any truth to this or time to find a new dealer?

Find a new dealer.

It just has to be titled new to you.

Wrong, it canā€™t be used on loaners. Just got it directly from the horseā€™s mouth

1 Like

Yes [20 charsā€¦]

so is the OP wrong and his sales guy didnā€™t know what he was talking about?

@Phantomcypher

Did they include the USAA/PenFed rebate in your quote?

1 Like

We can speculate, but we donā€™t know what his sales guy knew/didnā€™t know. OP couldā€™ve found out in the finance office, for example. BTW: you have to be PenFed member for 12 month to get any discounts.

Per MB USA

All Fleet incentives must be claimed at the time of purchase/lease. Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction with Dealer Employee Purchase Program (DE1), Mercedes Vehicle Plan (MVP), Master Lease Program (MLP), Diplomat, European Delivery, Courtesy Vehicle Program (CVP) vehicle that has not met the minimum service requirement, Special Demos, Competitor Conquest Program, Customer Advocacy Program (CAP), Customer 1 Certificate (C1C), other Fleet programs (Corporate Sales or Executive Allowance Bonus (EAB) or Fleet Employee Program (FEP)) or non-U.S. specification vehicles

What is the minimum service requirement?

Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction withā€¦Special Demosā€¦

They said they do these all the time, and they are actually not considered ā€œspecial demosā€; they told me that if the car had been titled in the dealerā€™s name, then it doesnā€™t qualify. But if it is part of their loaner fleet and remains untitled (they are actually part of MBā€™s incentive to the dealer) then itā€™s fine.

Itā€™s a good question about the CVP minimum service requirement. I would assume that with 9000 miles it satisfied itā€¦ :slight_smile:

They did ask me how long I had been a PenFed member because of the 12-month minimum requirement. Iā€™ve been with PenFed for 8 years so I was good. I donā€™t know if USAA has the same stipulations.

@amasih
so youā€™d have to find a dealer who has retired loaners that were never titled or marked as loaners? Are they treated as new cars with a huge discount?

Based on what is being shared here, I think that makes sense. I wish I could share more knowledge about other dealers, etc., but Iā€™m pretty new to this thing myselfā€¦ :slight_smile: However, everything was validated by the finance office with me, and they had all of the rebates, etc built out as I originally posted.

That being said, itā€™s possible that if they submitted the deal to MBFS that it would get rejected. But the finance guy didnā€™t think much about it.

Is the 12 month minimum listed on the PenFed website? I thought you needed to be a member for 60 days.

Do you know if the dealerships would combine offers for USAA and Fleet discount?

Yep, just check out the link that I posted before
Actually, I saw it on the second link for MB dealer

1 Like