2017 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT. Is my thinking wrong here?

I’ve been researching this for a while now, and I’ve been trying to engineer and reverse engineer a scenario where I could get out of my Honda CR-V lease and into a new Traverse. I’d like to hear some thoughts on my thinking and calculations. I think it’s not incredibly likely to get a dealer to play ball unless desperate to unload some metal to hit sales targets, but this is what the budget allows at the moment and it’s not something I’m desperate to have. I’d like and could use something bigger, but the Honda is just fine most of the time.

24 Months Scenario at 15K a year.
2017 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT, MSRP 36990, Zip 08619
62% Residual, 22933.80, MF 0.00040
Target selling price 32650
Estimated Fees 495.75
Rebates: 4500, plus 1500 loyalty or conquest, plus 200 Allstate = 6200
Dealer Cash/IVC = 2000
Acquisition Fee = 495.00
Negative Equity from Honda = 3069
Total Loan = 28750
Monthly with tax, Zero Drive off = 279.00

36 Months Scenario at 15K a year.
2017 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT, MSRP 36990, Zip 08619
55% Residual, 20344.50, MF 0.00089
Target selling price 32050
Estimated Fees 495.75
Rebates: 4500, plus 1500 loyalty or conquest, plus 200 Allstate = 6200
Dealer Cash/IVC = 2000
Acquisition Fee = 495.00
Negative Equity from Honda = 3069
Total Loan = 28270
Monthly with tax, Zero Drive off = 279.00

Does dealer give IVC to everyone? Also, you negative could be higher depending what dealer willing ti provide.

I don’t think this is realistic. Why would selling price be different for 24/36 month terms? Probably impossible to find a dealer willing to use 4 IVCs. What is All State for $6200?

Allstate is 200 only.

Should have thrown in New Jersey 6.875% tax rate, but that’s included in the calculations. Just forgot to mention it. Again, very hypothetical scenario. I’m just trying to make sure my calculations are right and maybe get some feedback on the probability of someone taking me up on it, especially since we’re reaching year’s end and this is likely the last month to lease the 2017 Traverse.

200 for Allstate plus the other incentives available. Can they not be combined?

Oh, I read it as $6200 just for the All State incentive. Maybe @chevysalesgirl, @ChevyPhil or @Randy_Haddox1 can chime in. If they can’t this deal, then it’s probably doubtful other dealers can.

I reverse engineered the target selling price based on desired monthly payment. The lower MF and higher residual at 24 months would allow for a higher selling price, no?

Sales price has nothing to do with the terms.

what is allstate?

selling prices are consistent across lease term lengths,

and IVC/DBC are a thing of the past AGAIN. more changes. -_-

Allstate offers a 200 dollar rebate in my region for being a customer (insurance).

So what has replaced them, if anything?

So a lower money factor and higher residual wouldn’t allow for a higher selling price to keep the payments the same?

Why would you want the payment to be the same when it could be lower? If the dealer is willing to sell it for $32050, why would you target $32650?

I have 11 payments of 279 left to roll in. That number isn’t changing. Purchase option wouldn’t make sense for anyone involved.

I’m guessing that a dealer might be more willing to do the deal with more favorable residual and interest rates with a smaller discount on MSRP. That monthly payment is my magic number either way. I know you aren’t supposed to get hung up on payments, but I’m not being 4 squared here. I’m using that number I’m already paying to reverse engineer a deal where everything else falls into place.

Dealer doesn’t care about MF and RV since they don’t set it. They won’t sell it to you for less if you do 36 instead of 24. I’m just saying you should be targeting the same sales price, independent of terms.

1 Like

Understandable, and I know those numbers are dealer independent. The 24 month scenario seems to hit more of a sweet spot thanks to the very low interest, which would allow me to offer a smaller discount off MSRP.

I’m going to get my oil changed on my existing Chevy tomorrow, and the dealer I’m going to previously offered me a quote with 2000 in IVC supposedly applied, but there was no discount off of MSRP I could see, not without a detailed breakdown that I wasn’t provided. Since I’m going there anyway I figured I’d have my own numbers worked out ahead of time. Of course that doesn’t mean anything if someone doesn’t say yes and Dealer cash is truly no more and hasn’t been replaced with something compatible, but I just want to make sure that my figures indeed work the way I think they do.

this thread is making my brain hurt…

have you talked to some dealers and got quotes yet? GM fin sets the MF and RV so it’s not negotiable.

is 279 your target payment?