2017 C43 AMG Sedan - $778/month (will offer incentive) - Utah

Well, $600 and $586 are not crazy far apart numbers haha.

:sunglasses:

It needs to be even better. That example is a $68k car on a regular 36 month term. OPs car is $7k cheaper, on a 42 month term and has prior damage.

On a used 2017 MY. Not the same as new/loaner even if that 1% rule existed.

Maybe I’m alone, but I also see a value in a short-term lease opportunity as there is only 17 months left.

Some people like that flexibility and will pony up a couple quid a month or more for it.

Sure, at the right price and considering the age and condition.

The damage and rock chip is what makes this a little scary. But I think if you threw this on leasetrader at $650/mo someone would bite on it. It’s a nice car and doesn’t ever come in at 1%.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. Definitely understand this is going to be a little painful for me and I’ll probably have to end up putting it on leasetrader, but the feedback here has been really helpful.

A few questions:

1. Is it worth replacing the windshield since it has a rock chip? If that is costing me more than $1,000 in the lease transfer, then I guess so? Kind of bummed, because this happened like a week ago. Not my month!

2. Is the headlight repair scaring people off? I definitely need to disclose something like that, but I didn’t realize it would be such a big issue, given that there was no body damage and it was fully repaired with OEM parts at a Mercedes facility. Such a shame - I always park further out in parking lots to avoid damage, but had I parked around more cars in this case, I probably wouldn’t have been the car eating a shopping cart :frowning:

I thought maybe this car would be easier to unload than my wife’s X3 since she has more miles on hers than I do, but maybe it is worth thinking about hers more (I’d much rather keep this car anyway).

The rock chip is interesting to me. In MA, insurance covers glass 100% with no deductible and it doesn’t affect your premiums. Not sure what other states are like that, but for what it’s worth, it would not hinder my decision.

Same here. I pay $100 for a windshield through insurance, so I’d take it and claim that a few mos later, if even needed. The headlight is no issue whatsoever. No body damage and no carfax ding, I assume (you paid out of pocket, correct?) Not even necessary to disclose it, IMHO.

I think some folks are overlooking how many miles are left. Are these other comparables up for grabs offering the equivalent of 16k/yr? Nope. Personally, I think $600 would be VERY attractive on this with those miles. I’d probably push for $620 first. It is not like you are in a rush.

I agree with you that a short term lease can be very attractive. Great way to get in and out of a higher end car without too long of a commitment.

Couldn’t agree with you guys more. I believe people are willing to pay more for a short term lease. Example-some people in sales may be getting a solid bonus this time of year. If responsible, they know that not every year is a great year, so to pickup something short term until they see how 2019 pans out is much less risky.

I believe those who do not think that way are what leads to a lot of the lease swap offers we see on SAL. I have no statistics to support that. Just my 2 cents.

I’ve have never understood any premium for a short term lease, you are on the hook for disposition, lease inspection and turn in. I’d rather be the first leaser in most cases. If you get a good deal you will have no problem swapping out your lease whenever you want (assuming it’s transferable without strings attached).

2 Likes

I’ve returned numerous Mercedes and BMW in FL, many times with chipped or even starrred windshields, last BMW had a chip and a star, they never even mentioned it.

The light is only a issue if you return it damaged, since it’s been repaired, it’s absolutely NOT an issue.

Good luck friend.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

The damage is only mildly concerning. If you have all the repair receipts I think that alleviates a lot of that concern. I don’t think you’ll totally lose your shirt on this transfer. The only caveat is whether you can find someone willing to travel to Utah in the middle of winter :joy:

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

C63 is less doable when you live in a place that gets a decent amount of snow and you live on a hill. Would have loved to get one otherwise, and the E63 is a little out of my price range.

A $2k incentive would be pretty doable. Above that, I might see what I can get rid of the X3 for instead, especially since I’d rather keep the C43.

Congrats, you’re the first guy to start the same conversation about these AMG vehicles. It’s turning into the car worlds equivalent of Godwins Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin’s_law.

The OP is trying to offload his leased vehicle, most of this thread is waffle.

To @biturbo kudos on your patience, hope you’re able to find someone soon to take it over. I think in a fairly isolated market like Utah it should go fairly easily for ~$700p/m, no need to subsidise it more in order to make it look more competitive 500 miles away in Cali. Try and get a gauge on what the 2019’s are going for in Utah and make sure your price is competitive. If using swapalease go for one of the more basic listing options and negotiate them down on price as they try and add a lot of pointless marketing addons which won’t help in moving it.

Eh, it’s cool. It isn’t a great lease, AMG cars (even the fake ones) don’t lease super great anyway, and Utah is a tougher market to get awesome deals in. I expected a rough crowd. I’ve still gotten a lot of useful feedback. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes