2017 BMW X5 40e Hybrid @SoCal

My strategy is light negotiations to get to a price the dealer likes, ask for a breakdown, then when the incentives are absent have them added to the already discounted price.

There is no link to he 5000 - itā€™s dealer side. Just tel them you have seen the incentive programmes - they should check it in their folder and apply the discount.

But correct - FIRST you need to confirm what your discount is made up of - confirm the CAP is or is not your own cash and THEN hit with this info.

AARP is a recent thing and there is a lot of confusion around it but if you were a member before Feb 20th then you can avoid all the bull crap and take that incentive too- donā€™t let them weasel out of it.

My deal last August - 2016 - Wait till end of summer if you can.

Down payment was $6304.
This is comprised of:

• $4200 - 7 MSDā€™s which get returned at lease end
  • $230 - additional cap cost reduction (see below)
  • $599.22 - First month payment
  • $1274 - DMV, fees and taxes (on cap reduction)

$66855 + $925 Acquisition fee = $67780.

$67780 - $6500 rebates (Listed above) = $61280

$61280 - $230 = $6150.

I added the $230 to the drive off to get my payments under $600, which then lowered my 7 MSDā€™s from 4550 (7 x $650) to $4200 (7 x $600).

MSDs are going away end of this month - no way no how is your deal possible in the current /impending BMWFS lease climate. You had solid discounts and a high residual value and lower MF - the latter 2 of which do not exist anymore

He can get to $631/mth after tax if he gets everything above I.e

Discount offered off MSRP (straight discount)
$5k incentives
$1500 AARP discount
0.0002 AARP MF discount
7 MSDs
Pay acquisition and other minimum drive offs up fronts - I.e donā€™t roll these in to payment.

This is based on 55% residuals and 12k/year. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s 55 this month to offset the MF increase.

If the residual is 54% then add ~$20/mth

Then he has a brilliant deal that he should go for.

Pay acquisition and other minimum drive offs up fronts - I.e donā€™t roll these in to payment.

What are these fees and how much are they typically?

925 acquisition fee, dmv fees ( registration, title, tax and cal tire tax are auto calculated by dealers computer go to DMV website and it will calculate these and tell you what they are) first month payment and tax

Making progress. Here is the latest!

57% RV???!!!

20 char

Iā€™m loving the 57%!!!

With that RV you should be at 559 after tax are you certain this isnā€™t a 7500mile/year deal at 57%

You still arenā€™t getting your AARP discount or adjusted MF rate. Heā€™s keeping $1k back on the incentives

Get those and you are winning

Keep going - still got 5 days!

Itā€™s 12k /36 months. How do you figure 559 with the %57 residual? And why do you say he is keeping back $1000? Please let me know so I can get back to him. I want to get this done this week!

Use the calculator as follows

MSRP 71020
Sales Price 63737 (stick him to the original discount he offered)
Minus the total of the following as untaxed incentives
$3000 incentive on the iperformance
$2000 market allowance (another discount dealer can apply)
$1500 AARP discount
Total $6500

Acquisition $925
Check paying up front

Residual 57% (!!!)
Months 36
Money factor 0.00126 (includes the 0.0002 off for AARP)
7 x MSD
Money factor should calculate at 0.00077

Apply your sales tax - 9%?

$541 before tax
$589 after

I was on mobile before so might have mis read $559

The big difference here that I see if the MF: Deal sheet reads rate:0.00097 and your assumption is another .0002 off for AARP bringing it down to .00077.
When I plug the the initial .00126 into the calculator lat lease hacker I also get the 0.00077 after the 7 MSD bringing my total down to $620 with tax.

Super confused as I am not sure how the dealer is getting to 0.00097 rate as well as the $713 monthly with tax.

BMW plays with residuals and discounts on the 40e every month. Who knows what they will be once MSDā€™s go away. I say lock in the numbers AMM specced out and wait for May #'s (to see if they are any better) before you pull the trigger.

Good Luck.

AARP discount $1500 is applied on the sell price of the car from MSRP. In other words the MSRP discount is at 9% without the AARP and wit it at %10. I am only getting $4000 in the untaxed incentives. That is the difference. I am being told over and over again that there is no $5000 incentive, only $3000 for the iPerformance and he is adding another $1000 for a total of $4000?

Tell him he adds the full incentive or you walk.

Basically what I have done. $1500 was separating us from the deal we wanted and he said no. I have patience and time to wait for the right time and deal. Wife is upset but she will get over it.

Your MF is still marked up by .0002. If you can get them to the base MF, youā€™ll save about $20/month.

I am being told over and over again the given information is incorrect and attached is the correct incentive Spread sheet
If you look at the ā€œTOTAL LEASE INCENTIVE ā€œ it shows $5000.00 , and for AARP members is $5500.00."

See attached, I am really thinking he can not be this low and lie straight out!

Not sure What TYPE G Only refers to in his spread sheet? Any ideas?
I thought car buying process was getting simpler, in my case it is getting quite a negotiation war!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894227&page=4

??