2017 BMW X3 xDrive35i lease swap (Leasehackr Score 11.8)

Defo good deal on payment side of house.

Lease transfer down payment is steep at $1500 should be $0. This is my opinion not an offer.

MSDs are MSDs. Some people like them. Most people in my experience don’t want to pay them on lease transfer or want to pay less. I wouldn’t budge on giving anyone part of the MSDs for this deal too cheap…

Drove a 2017 X3 today at the dealer and couldn’t get over the feeling of the steering. Much prefer the X5.

No maintenance upon lease transfer really sucks. Oil change is $270 each time at the dealer not to mention all those other knick knacks they cover so you’re looking at coming up with another 1000-1500 over a car directly from the dealer…

Good luck with the transfer!

1 Like

All i am asking for it to be upfront and honest with what you are posting, and yeah if it you post BS I (and others) are going to call you out on it. You can pull that shit on CL and no one is the wiser, but around here it won’t fly. You can call it hating, or crapping on your deal or anything else, we are just looking out for the hackr community in general and I certainly don’t take your lies at face value.

Please don’t accuse me of putting lies out there, I will never intentionally post things that are not 100% true to my knowledge. All the info I posted it true and accurate, just because you don’t like my deal does not give you the right to accuse me of things that are untrue.

this is at best dishonest, and deceptive and more like a lie:
"$1,500 to transfer"
To be honest and up front you should say BMW changes $500 to transfer but I want $1000 as well. Don’t hide it, at least not here, we all know what you are doing.

1 Like

wouldnt hiding it be not posting it at all then telling u later oh its 1000 on top of 500? its clearly there haha

2 Likes

The thing about forums is sometimes it is best not to engage because there is no winning with some people, they just want to think they are right all the time. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one!

I think I posted a good deal for someone looking for this car, every deal is a negotiation and needs some point to start from. I would be naive to think I can sell any car for exactly what I am asking for because it is not the way things work. The car is still $100+ less a month that you can get right now, more if you take into account that MSD’s are no longer available. I am sorry if people, or one person, thinks I am being dishonest by not breaking out the BMW transfer fee from what I was asking, it was not my intention. I thought people would understand.

2 Likes

You would have gotten a lot further not trying to sneak a grand into your pocket i can tell you that. Just put it up on SAL and be done with it. Although there getting the MSD’s might be a problem.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with the ad.

1 Like

I’ve never been successful recovering incentive money ON TOP of MSDs when swapping my BMWs before.

Speaking from experience that’s a TON of cash for the assuming party to have kicking around that they can’t throw on a credit card (like they can at the Dealership).

This plus the fact that BMW charges some serious transfer fees ~$500 you’re not going to get what you want let alone the traction to move the car like you want. Every month the car sits that’s money that could’ve been applied as an incentive…

1 Like

Can’t you use a credit card with PayPal and similar services?

The assuming party can do a credit card charge-back and you’re screwed then. Dealerships can take a blow and challenge these things…people not so much.

Sounds worse in theory. But I think in actuality, the credit card companies are not going to permit just any chargeback simply because someone asks for it. With that said, I know many dealerships have stopped accepting credit cards because of the transaction fee that is involved. So there’s that to consider as well.