2017 BMW X3 xDrive35i lease swap (Leasehackr Score 11.8)

1. where is the car located?
  2. 3800 in MSD and 1500 to transfer. a) are you giving 2300 cash incentive to transfer the lease or you are asking 3800 in MSD + 1500 to transfer (which will be a bad deal if that is the case)
2 Likes

just saw the car is in LA, my bad.
Please clarify my 2nd question. Send me a pm

Can you elaborate on how it is a bad deal? The monthly payment is considerably lower than you could get right now. Paying for the MSDs is very normal in a lease transfer.

Paying for the MSDs is standard and reasonable for a lease transfer. If the transfer has no prepaid maintenance vs a new lease with prepaid maintenance (or is that going away too?), clearly the transfer is suboptimal for the transferee.

But you will be saving thousands over the course of the lease for a same spec car. Much more than the drive off fees.

BMW no longer allows the maintenance to be transferred to a 2nd owner or lessor. I also am curious about the $1500 transfer fee, BMW charges $500 are you trying to get down payment back?

1 Like

The deal is what the deal is, I did not post this in Ask the Hackers. If someone wants to negotiate then that is great, I fully expect there to be a private discussion with interested parties, but to sit there and take pot shots is not constructive.

This represents the cheapest X3 lease you can get right now (based on MSRP), if you are not interested that is totally fine, I am not expecting everyone to want this car.

If you are interested in any way please start a private conversation, I believe these things are best done in private, I hope you understand.

2 Likes

You leased prior year x3 at end of year, you basically got great deal on your x3 because its a leftover 2016.
460 is a good payment but not a surprising price, my friend leased a demo x3 with 62k msrp for 500 with no downpayment and no downpayment.

You are asking both MSD and downpayment, may i ask how much downpayment did you really put down when you were leasing the car.

To ask someone else to take your lease, most ppl are expecting incentive not disincentive

and also as other mentioned. ppl have to pay maintenance out of their own pocket which will result in another 1500-2500 in your remaining 33 months.

1 Like

also if your payment really is 460 your MSD should be 500* 7 = 3500 not 3850.
BMW only allow 7 MSDs which is 7 times your lease payment rounded up to the nearest 50s.
3850 is 550 * 7 just fyi.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a free market, so anybody can charge whatever they want. Did you hear VW dealers are selling TDI above MSRP lol? But you do bring up a good point about the MSD math :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MSDs are calculated on the pre msd monthly payment, not post.

Also, my car is a 2017, why do you say it is a prior year car? Please get your facts straight before mouthing off.

1 Like

Again. I never asked for your opinion but thank you for continuing to pollute this thread.

This car currently leases for over $100 more a month based on current MF, residual and incentives. It represents great value for money if it is the car you are looking for. My drive offs we just over $1500 as acquisition was paid upfront.

lol I have two bmw lease and had MSD on both of them. How were my MSDs calculated differently?

And your driveoff mostly includes your first month payment, doc fee and acqu fee, basically you made ZERO downpayment. And you are asking ppl to give you 1500 transfer fee lol.

You made a post in the forum and now you are disallowing ppl to give their opionion? Lmao you were he guy asked me to explain why it is a bad deal when you were basically asking MSD and disincentive to take your lease

4 Likes

Im not in the market for an X3, but I really like your spec, Iā€™m sure if you put it on leaseswap it will go within days! Good Luck!

But you continent ignore the very low monthly for this car. I always start a car she from a stand point where the is room to negotiate, i donā€™t understand why you are so against it and so vitriolic.

I have not seen your BMW deals but I have the lease paperwork from BMW showing the msd payment which their system calculated. Perhaps your deals did not break the $50 band so your MSDs we the same when calculated?

Normally, in a forum, in the marketplace section people donā€™t post looking for other peopleā€™s opinion. They post to sell a car, if someone is interested then they get in contact and if some is not they have a little class and move on.

2 Likes

Hey Ed, donā€™t worry about the haters in this thread. Personally I think your deal was fantastic. Youā€™re better off not arguing with people on here about it. Everyoneā€™s going to have their opinions and input and arguing with them just makes it seem like the deal isnā€™t as great as we know it was.

4 Likes

Deal seems pretty darn solid - I was checking out an X3 a few weeks ago, it wasnā€™t what I was looking for and I got my big SUV in the end. If I didnā€™t do my other deal I would have gone for this.

Good luck with the swap - best spec and price Iā€™ve seen on pretty much any X3.

Edit to add some context- I was at month end in a March when there were at least some good incentives to be had and it was quarter end too- started working dealers but they were higher than this on lower spec carsā€¦ I might have scraped in pretty close but not without a TON of scratching around and time spent negotiating. This is a pre packed deal ready to go. Doing this in April will be a ball ache. Doing this next month likely impossible unless some miracle happens at BMWNA / FS

4 Likes

yea, sometimes I wish I had more room. I love our X3, but after you put the stroller in, it gets tight in the back. Still seems to work well for our purposes. One child, one stroller, and we even took it to the beach the other day and piled in a ton of beach chairs, tents and other stuff and it worked out just fine.

Are you still looking to swap the lease? If so let me know.

Thanks