2017 BMW i3 REX 12k/24 mths. One Pay $1303 or 54.29/mth - NJ/NY

,

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/Treasury2015ModelYearZEVlisting.pdf

http://www.drivegreen.nj.gov/zev/Treasury2017ModelYearZEVlisting.pdf

I found this. States i3 REX INCLUDED

Term is 24mo/ 10k miles

doesn’t get more clear than this

Can confirm, thanks to HN, I picked up an i3 from NY (live in NJ), did not pay sales tax… it’s liberating.

1 Like

@HN308 & @radsdoc53 how does the NJ incentive work, are you required to be a NJ resident?

Any chance of a NY resident getting the NJ pricing if we have a NJ address to use (but NYS Driver License)?

I had a California license, and they asked for a utility bill proving residency was NJ. Not sure just a license will do it without something official to prove residence.

NJ residenncy required.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve had two i3 Rex’s and no tax.

the write up @HN308 posted should be highlighted as a feature article on the front page along with other great “latest deals”. While many of us got this deal as of end of Jan, some are apparently still able to negotiate with dealers a few days into feb.
The beauty of this particular deal is that OP posted a few days before month end giving many of us a few days to learn and work on this.

btw i picked up my i3 today, my wife loves it and wont let me drive it…

shout out to @ConnecticutCarGuy, gotta start somewhere and connect the dots.

3 Likes

What do you guys think of this deal? Seems like the money factor is off. I have a lexus not a bmw so I dont qualify for loyalty. Can I get other incentives than $7500 + $2000 lease cash?

so having BMW loyalty cash seems must have to get OP’s number should the dealer agree to match everything else, right?

I had loyalty, fleet and NJ had no sales tax on the car.

If you have all the above your numbers should be similar to mine.

Yes but since I have never had BMW so loyalty cash is out of the window?

Congratulations for your deal - slickest ever!

Almost there…Got 13% off but they are saying the build out cash for $1000 isn’t showing up. So, instead of being at $1900 one pay, I’m at $2970, or $127/month.

Can anyone confirm Build Out is still available? I guess I can call a few dealers again on Monday but I don’t want to think about this car anymore haha.

which dealers are u guys dealing with ?

Is this still on?
I thought lease support for 2017 i3’s ended in January month.

The lease cash and icredit is there but I’m still not sure about the build out cash

@baggy they did not offer build out cash

Thanks for all the info. Here’s the deal I have pending in southern California, I don’t think there is any more wiggle room to get it cheaper (I need the miles and 30months for rebates).

2017 BMW i3 REX
MSRP $51,095
13% discount to get $44,650
wave acquisition to get money factor of .00202
15k miles per year for 30 months
$9,500 in taxed rebates ($7.5k iPerf and $2k lease cash)
$4,500 total cash at signing (-$2,500 CA rebate, -$450 CA Edison = $1550 out of pocket)
$240/month with 9.25 sales tax

1 Like

Does anyone know if i3 demo/loaners are good for the $500 fleet rebate…I was told no by a local dealer? Secondly, those in CA I’m assuming we can still get the $2500 rebate on loaners if the car hasn’t applied for the rebate yet or does it not work if the car has been registered?