2017 BMW i3 REX 12k/24 mths. One Pay $1303 or 54.29/mth - NJ/NY

fleet, Loyalty, CA EV, BMW Loyalty, College Grad?

Tried to follow your steps but the main response I got from two separate dealerships in Seattle is “We have 6% margin on our vehicles. We’d like to cover costs and have $500 left. That would be about a 3½% to 4% discount off MSRP, then incentives.”

Maybe I’ll try again next month :slight_smile:

BMW Seattle does not do deep discounts and BMW Bellevue is no haggle. Need to go to Portland for deals but they haven’t been doing much lately.

@Adamantium

I have heard that as well when I asked for 15% off MSRP that we just don’t have that much margin and I very well knew they didn’t but that didn’t mean they cannot sell 1 unit for a little under cost as there is no rule which entitles them to make money on every unit they move.

I would respond to them that i3 is a compliance car which doesn’t sell well unless there is a huge discount. I also politely let them know that once the lease incentives are gone they know how hard it will be to sell the remaining 17s and that they will have to sell it for much more discount than what I am asking now. After mentioning the above 50% of the dealers would come close to 10-11% and suggest this is the best they could do. I just had to find 1 dealer will to do close to my magical 15% which I did, not exactly 15% but close enough to get the deal in the OP.

The invoice price which they project to be their cost is plain false statement. They never pay invoice for the car and on top of that have holdback which increases with the time the car sits on the lot plus there is back pocket cash and more over they don’t want to tie up their capital in an electric car sitting on the lot which hardly gets any interest. I always believed they had more need to move that car at all times than I did to get it and was sure I will get 1 before end of the month which I did.

This is process you have to start by at least middle of the month when they are slow and will talk with you on phone. If you try this in last 3-4 days your chances of getting it done are slim as there is enough low hanging fruit for them to pay attention on.

HN.

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in one of these in the SE, pm me. I started working a deal which started at 16% off MSRP (Which included $500 of build out cash, they kept the rest). I don’t have loyalty and they couldn’t find the 2k lease cash (unless they included it in the price, but they said that was pre-incentive pricing), so was going to be 4k more expensive for me.

Here is what BMW of Annapolis told me about I3 pricing:

I haven’t bothered to re-engage.

oh my, the one closest dealer that responded to an email for a lease quote:

24/12, no down, 939 at signing… 765-794 per month. LOL. This was a full loaded one, @ 58k msrp. That is nuts.

Want to than @HN308
Tried to help me via PM/ Text / Phone call

I contacted the dealer he recommended, knowing I would be paying more than twice his payment, because I live in NY, and the incentives are taxed.
I was fine with that, but couldn’t proceed because dealer decided to deduct the $1.500 (build cash/ fleet) from selling price, instead of ONEPAY payment.

In the end, it would have been a great deal on a $50k car, but a decent amount more than I thought I was going to pay. That, combined with the i3 being RWD, and range anxiety, was enough for me to hold back.

1 Like

I have a “nuts” deal too…

This is northern Florida.

2018 i3 REX MSRP $58,295.
36 month 12K $1391 due at signing, $593/month.

Why even offer it for sale…do they really think the public is that misinformed to even attempt to negotiate from this starting place? BMW needs to get a clue… if they don’t get some i3’s on the road, their credibility as viable electric alternative is in jeopardy. They must consider that all bets are off once we go electric and that providing incentives to get dealers to move these cars is a marketing cost.

May I know which dealer it is? How may I PM you? Thanks a lot.

Don’t worry you’re not alone, I just got a very similar quote in NY. These salesman really make me laugh sometimes.

Ha, I got 2 now, one is 770 with no down, one dealer is mid 500s with like 5k down. just dumb

All because of NH308!

24 months
$0 drive off
10k miles
$54,4xx MSRP
$47,450 sale price
$13.5k in rebates
MF .00172 with waived acq
6.35% CT sales tax
One pay is $3,889.84/162.08 per month

CT taxes incentives and payment plus high doc fee, take those away and it is very close to NH308 deal.

4 Likes

@phantomcypher could … if anybody can

HN308 for president - he is making leasing BMWs great again!!

4 Likes

@HN308 - you SIR are king of the lease hacking community

1 Like

+1 (yes i know i can use the like button… and i did!)

@primetime

Great job with the deal. Thanks for coming back and sharing it with the community. Enjoy the car.

HN

Second that, this deal to me is a true lease hack. It really expertly takes advantage of unique state tax benefits, rebates and knowing how to negotiate the discount based on intuition. @michael should really have @HN308 write up an article for the front page.

1 Like

@Siejammy
@vhooloo

I really appreciate the kind words.

I would have never known to look for an i3 unless I read someone getting it in CT which is a neighboring state and realized I can do better than that.

This is the power of this forum where if you know what you are doing hacking deals becomes real easy as someone did work on it and you just start from there and build on it.