2017 BMW 340i - This a decent deal on BMW these days?

2017 BMW 340i

MSRP: $53,420
Sales Price: $46,718 (13% off)
MF: .00150
12 k / 36 months.
$2500 BMW loyalty rebate (no aarp, no msd)

Payment: $499 incl 8% tax
$1500 Drive offs including 1st mo. payment.

How can I make this better?

Seems good, I got 6.5k off without the rebate last month. So its similar.

1 Like

13% is well within acceptable range for BMW discounts, though I find it hard to stomach dropping $50k on their mass market low end product.

How do you get the $2500 loyalty rebate? Is this for current owners? BMWCCA rebate is only $500.

A 340i is not a low end product, just like the C-class and A4 are not entry level products for M-B or Audi, respectively.

$50k isn’t what it used to be. It’s not 1998 any more.

2 Likes

It is quite easy to load up a 328 to over 50k and that is an entry level vehicle. But you are correct 50,000 is not what it was.

What are their respective entry level products if not the 3-series, C-Class and A3/4?

BMW 2 Series? M-B CLA? A3?

1 Like

All of the entry level vehicles you and I have both mentioned start in the $30s. Optioning it doesn’t change the class, series or size of the car.

340i is a low end product ? Have you ever driven a 340i ?

I can’t think of a better quality/better performing 4 door sport/luxury sedan under 50k than a 335/340i.

Also, the 320i would be BMW “low end” product fwiw

1 Like

14-15% is easy with this car. had multiple dealers offer it without much discussion. Push for a little more.

wow…14-15% easy? I’ve had only 1 dealer offer me 13% OFF. The rest offer 9-10% is the maximum discount.

But, now that you said that, my new target is 15% :slight_smile:

He’s right my total was 14

1 Like

A nicely optioned 340i competes against the C43 AMG, Audi S4, Q50 RS, etc. Nobody in their right minds would consider those entry level products. It just so happens BMW doesn’t have an ‘AMG lite’ or ///S Audi series of cars in between the real AMG and Audi RS models, hence why the 340i still wears the ‘regular’ 3-series badge. That may change over time.

In today’s world where Xover popularity is increasingly overtaking sedans, BMW’s entry level product is arguably the X1 (starting MSRP $33,750), similar to how Mercedes, Infiniti, Audi have the GLA, QX30, and Q3, respectively.

Optioning a vehicle doesn’t change its category or class. You could option a Dodge Dart all day long but if you spend $30k on a fully optioned Dart, you’re not driving an entry level luxury sedan.

My neighbor spent 108k on a GLS450. I didn’t know that was even close to possible

So you want to mince words I will rephrase: BMW 3 series and Mercedes C300 series are entry level products. Yes they are expensive compared to POS sedans from Ford, GM, Chrysler, Korea etc. but they are still the low end for these brands. The fact that you may have a few lower priced vehicles i.e. X1 or 1-series is meaningless. the 3-series and C300 are designed and priced as mass market products for US consumers, and they hope to step you up to the more profitable lines when you can afford more LOL.

Of course with options you can easily add $10k to the price, and more going from 320->328->330->340 which then makes the product a well-optioned “entry level” sedan. As opposed to an M3 or AMG that doesn’t even belong in the same category even though they share the platform or whatever. Rest my case.

Not sure if you meant to reply to me, but this was my point. I agree with you.

Not sure why MB categorizes the CLA as a coupe, but it is MB’s new entry vehicle now, moving the C-class up a notch.

The base CLA is FWD while the base C-class is RWD.

Sorry to derail the detail but, NEW OFFER:

$487/mo incl 8% tax with $1500 cash due at signing.

For a $53.5k MSRP Car - this meets the 1% rule.

GM will not go any lower.

Should I pull trigger or wait it out for a better offer next month ?

Same as CLS - 4-door coupe

1 Like