2017 Alfa Giulia

Sign me up for 2 @ 1k payment with 8k down!!!

Anyone know if the year-end for Alfa/Fiat/Chrysler is December or later on in march like some other manufactures?

Ur gonna start to see leases at 300 if it wants to be a 3 series fighter lol. Not 1k!! At 1k it is more like a 7 series fighter and then some!

That $1k is for basically their M3 fighter. The quadrofiliongitionotio-something

Brand new car, big hype, $72k MSRP, not too surprising itā€™s $1k a month.

However for the base model giulia, thatā€™s the 3-series competitor, priced to match.

M3 was leasing at 1k or close to 1k at launch so this is not too surprising.

Now you can get one between $600-700. It costs quite some $$$ to be the ā€œfirstā€ or an ā€œearly adopterā€ ($10,800-$14,400) over 3 years.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio vs. Everything!

2 Likes

I am sure its a great car. Just kind of dubious its the winner. Sounds infomercial to me.

Donā€™t see why Motor Trend would be biased towards Alfa. I also read similar reviews from other sources.

Buddy of mine who owns a 2016 M3 drove one of the base model Giuliaā€™s around last weekend. Said he honestly felt it was better than a loaded 340i. Similar acceleration, way more fun to drive. Iā€™m looking forward to test driving one

Looked at Ti AWD today, did not drive. Itā€™s a little tight for my liking, but not a deal breaker. I like to spread my knees and they touched door handle on the left and console on the right, similar to 3 series and G37 (that was terrible, I felt squeezed). In my S60 knees donā€™t touch anything on either side. Materials - OK, Iā€™d say S60 is better. Right armrest seems too thin. Seats are comfortable, but Volvoā€™s better. But nice, clean design. Trunk is smaller than S60. Rear view mirror feels like it came from Chrysler.

p.s. salesperson also sells Maserati and told me how he got bombarded with requests for $500/mo deals for Ghibli :slight_smile:

1 Like

Test drove a Ti model with 19" wheel sport package yesterday, and I was blown away. The 4cyl on this car is the best Iā€™ve driven since a 2009 Evo, with the smoothness of the BMW N20 (or whatever itā€™s called now).

Interior was a little tight, but much better than the stupid Jaguar XE. Trunk is larger and more useful than my previous Q50. It was only a 10-15 minute drive in moderate traffic on surface streets, but it was damn fun car and more exciting than the Q50 2.0t, 328, A4, and Lexus IS 200t and 300AWD. The only other car I drove in the past few months that IMO was better is the Q50 Red Sport, but canā€™t really compare a 400hp TT V-6 to this engine.

The salesman confirmed they are allowing FCA employee discount and $1000 lease cash. The employee discount may not mean much for some of you, but since I live in Michigan itā€™s very easy to obtain a code from someone that works in the automotive industry here.

Iā€™m hoping next year when the hype simmers and FCA realizes they are not selling well, I can pick up a low options Ti model for $300/mo. I can build a base or Ti model with only sport packages for under $45k, so depending on residual value differences between models I would be happy with either.

1 Like

Itā€™s quite possible leases will be really good in a year or two. FCA sure likes to discount their Italian cars (think Ghibli and 500e).

2 Likes

Local dealer already advertising the FCA employee discount lease for $499/mo with $2199 due at signing for base AWD model with sport package and cold weather package MSRP $44,000. Iā€™m sure the average car buyer would think thatā€™s a good deal for a mid-$40k sport sedan, but I think itā€™s ridiculous.

Wish I never test drove the damn thing. Canā€™t stop thinking about it.

Bumping for the March Numbers.

Iā€™ll update the first post (if I can?)

That interiorā€¦ I canā€™t wait until the lease gets cheaper on this. The car makes me feel excited in a way the 3 series does not!

2017 Giulia
24/10K: 66% RV, .00148 MF
36/10K: 55% RV, .00110 MF

2017 Giulia AWD
24/10K: 64% RV, .00082 MF
36/10K: 53% RV, .00060 MF

2017 Giulia Ti
24/10K: 63% RV, .00055 MF
36/10K: 53% RV, .00060 MF

2017 Giulia Ti AWD
24/10K: 61% RV, .00001 MF
36/10K: 51% RV, .00013 MF

All: $1,000 lease cash
Targeted: $500 FCA lease loaylty, $750 conquest lease

This picture makes me sad due to lack of manual transmission option in the US. Iā€™d still take the base/Ti model over a 328 all day.

Youā€™ve got to be kidding meā€¦ They arenā€™t including manual at all??

With the high residual the leases should be very good? Right?

1 Like

Where did you see high residuals? And wrong, anyway. You need better MF (like on 2017 Giulia Ti AWD) AND big discount.