2017 Acura TLX Lease deal

I’m nearing the end of my current lease (Accord) and was looking to buy until I found this site. I’m on my third lease and always thought I got myself a good deal until I read what you guys can do here.

So I’m looking at a 2017 TLX base 4 cylinder model lease and got some numbers from one of the dealers around me (waiting to hear from others).

2017 Acura TLX Base 4Cyl
$32,840 - MSRP
$31,554 - Selling Price
36 Month Lease
10,000 miles a Year
Money Factor: 0.00094
Residual: 58%
Sales Tax: 7%
$0 due at signing
$479 a month

Not 100% sure if that monthly covers taxes or not. I have T1 credit, and the dealer already penciled me in for the best credit rate he said. What can I do to get this deal down? I know that they had a coupon running over summer that helped a lot of people, but this is well over $100 that a lot of other people have been getting quotes on.

I live in western PA.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Run away from that deal. Not enough discount for starters. Better cars for that kind of money.

If your looking to lease in the 500 range id look German.

Without a doubt, I’m running away. I wouldn’t even touch it, I’m just wondering if I have anything to go back to them with or if I should just give up on that dealer and wait for the others to respond. Ideally, I’d like to be under $330 for it.

Send your complete offer to the sales managers of each dealership your willing to work with and see how they respond.

Thanks, Yinzer. In doing so, I should be getting the sales price down, not just sending them what I want for a monthly payment right? I’ve always just negotiated the monthly price with $0 down because that’s all I cared about, but from reading, that’s not what I want to be doing?

@CousinStavros that is by far one of the worst deals I have ever seen in my life. Please just go to another dealership :slight_smile:

Haha, that’s why I’m here. There are 3 Acura dealers close to me, I sent all 3 and email, but waiting on the other 2, this is the only one that has reached out so far.

I figured I’d be heading to another dealer based on that. I don’t see them coming down over $150 for me, but that’s why I posted first.

Thanks!

Man this is so far from the $199/month people were getting on the TLX just a couple months ago…

I know :frowning: I was expecting to at least see a 3 in front of the number I got back. At that point I would have had 6-8 months left on my current lease, so I don’t think it would have worked out for me then, though seeing these numbers it probably still would have been cheaper.

use the below calculator and pick the sales price that gets you to your payment. Sometimes i just screenshot it and send it to them.

http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

Thanks for all your help Yinzer, much appreciated.

Same thing happened to me. I was driving a Honda Accord, over on lease miles and two payments left. Acura dealers would do nothing to help me. They were offering 15k miles for 39 months over $400 per month for a 2016. I went to BMW, got an awesome 3 series with M package, BMW is paying my last two Accord payments and was a sign and drive for $389.

My pleasure. Im biased, but i say go with a 3 series. lol.

I’m actually just looking at them right now haha. 320i xDrive lease deals look good on site ($269), but that’s also with almost $4k due at signing. So I’m going to be sending out some emails here shortly.

What part of PA are in you in?

Pittsburgh. [20 characters]

Ha so am i. Let me know if you need any help with Bmw’s. I have a 535 and i worked with P&W but i also know the sales mgr at Rahal.

Appreciate it. That Acura quote was from Baierl (go figure right).

I’ve love to get a 5 series, but I don’t see myself being able to afford one. I’d love to be under $330 with $0 down.

Look up MSD’s on this forum. They are a great way to bring your payment down if you can put down that $ for 3 years.