Just received the following #s from my local dealership and I’m wondering if this lease can get even sweeter with the help of our experts:
• MSRP: $42k
• Capitalized Cost: $30,052
• 57% residual: $24,233.55
• Money factor .00035
• $193.07 base monthly payment
• $226.75 = Lease price + dealership doc fees, acquisition fee, state fees
• $15.53 = State tax/month (6.85% tax)
• $242.28 = Total monthly cost
• $8,879.8 = Total lease cost (includes $400 disposition)
edit: Less $400 college grad incentive, final payment comes out to $229/month.
He didn’t break out the administration fees (dealer doc, acquisition, state fees, etc). It seems odd to me that the cap cost less residual is $5,818.45 yet my total lease cost is $8,879.80 ($3k more). Am I getting nailed by dealer fees? Can we do better on this? I’m ready to pull the trigger tomorrow.