2016 Fiat 500e lease OCFiat (California)

Let me know what they say and which one you went with. Been reading the forums and this car and the price is very attractive.

If you qualify for all the rebates, then it is quite a good deal. With the Bolt and new Leaf coming soon, the 500e will be harder to offload without running these really low pricesā€¦

I think the 500e residual is garbage because everyone knows fiat makes garbage.

Keep in mind Bolt production is 80k units and limited to ZEV states with virtually no discount off MSRP until Q3. Leaf has already sold 200k+ units so tax credits are half, theyre more than a year behind on the redesign and still struggling to add significant range. Tesla is in the mix as the giant wildcard. A lot of of other cars might actually hold higher used resale because after the primary owner has taken the credits they can discount it at a price highly competitive to other used cars for people whose income would not be enough to buy new. I think there could be a substantial market buying these cars off lease in high incentive states and taking them south and east coast to states that have no EV credits.

Agreed, itā€™s a great deal. To qualify though requires 780 and up credit score, hence I was looking at prepaying similar to caitncam but looks like the prepays also have the same credit score criteria. The price is what makes me look at this car. Agree also that the Bolt would be a better choice for an EV without this type of discount. Decisionsā€¦

Separate note, apologies if it needs to be in a separate thread, anyone have experience with DSRLeasing? What are the differences between using a third party and going directly with the dealer? Thanks.

I do think there is some arbitrage opportunity there, but it may be limited as the demand in EVs seems lower in those states, not just due to the lack of incentives. Northeast states have weather issues in the winter that rules quite a few EVs out.
For Tesla, if the Model 3 wildcard actually delivers, then itā€™ll make the rest of the market look garbage, thatā€™ll probably drive lower prices for other EVs? Itā€™ll all play out in the next year all so, we shall see I guess.
What do you think of the rest of the market though? Soul EV? Focus Electric? VW e-Golf?

Great points zwz002 and buddyleecia. Iā€™m new to EVā€™s and started reading about it more when I saw the 500e offers. The Bolt and Tesla 3 is definitely a disruptive innovation to the EV market and now having 2nd thoughts to just wait it out till year end and see how everything unfolds.

For sure Iā€™m still debating on pulling the trigger. Aside from the Fiat 500e, the other car Iā€™m looking at is a used Leaf. However, be advised that 2013 while cheap may or may not have battery issues as it degrades over time. 2016 Leafs will go 107 with the 30kw battery but quite expensive, 2017 should see it go to 120ish miles/charge. For Chevy Bolt, too much demand for it, so youā€™re not likely get a good deal on it.

With Trump politics in play, Iā€™m also worried that come Jan 2019, HOV sticker expires and becomes useless. But if one decides to lease one now, youā€™d get pretty much 2 year sof use out of it.

Decisions, decisions.

We puchased a 2016 Focus Electric that arrives Monday (shipped from CA to CO) because Im concerned about tax credits. Im early in the queue for Model 3 (employee position) but if production moves back at all I will be in the 2018 Q1 window and have to choose on rolling the dice for a year on the credits possibly being repealled.

Howā€™s that FFE treating you so far? Iā€™m still waiting for a better deal on it than the $119/month with $669 down in the other thread.

Still in transit. Will arrive to me on the 13th. The purchase after incentives and credits is about $180/mo for 5 years no interest.

$7800 total to purchase it? Does your state have any additional rebates besides the $7500 federal rebate?

Hi evpower,

Do you work at a dealership? Just noticing you mentioned ā€œI did a quick score review on their computer and I believe anyone >750 should be good.ā€ I was hoping that 680-700 wouldā€™ve been good enough. :frowning:

Sorry I typoed that should have said $180.

Dealer went all the way down to 22.5k. I picked up shipping costs @$800. Federal 7.5k and state of colorado 5k. 10.8k total. Ridiculous deal IMO.

I pulled the trigger today at Thosand Oaks. This is my first least, and I want to say thank you for all the helpful info that I found on this form. Here is the deal that I was able to negotiate:

15000 miles/year
36 months
$2500 down payment (included DMV registration, documentation fee, first month payment)
$119/month (with taxes included)

Hoping to get $4500 rebate as I am under 300% of the poverty line.

Now I need to find a good deal on a Level 2 charger. Could somebody suggest where to get a good deal on them?

Amazon or Home Depot.

I have a 16 Amp Bosch Powermax that Iā€™m selling $350. New in Box.

Hi Sprogis,

Sounds like you had a good deal. So you didnā€™t have to pay the $2500 state rebate + $1000 conquest fee? Or are you saying you paid $2500 + $3500? Can you provide the salesperson you worked with. Thanks.

I am not sure I understand. Why would I pay the $2500 rebate? The rebate is what I am expecting to get back from the state, and it should be $4500 since I am behind 300% poverty line. I didnā€™t pay $1000 conquest fee. If I did, the monthly payment would have been $30 less. The bottom line is that $2500 is all I paid at the dealership. No DMV fees nor anything else. And my monthly payment of $119 includes all the taxes which I think is also nice.

Again, I am new at this, but it is my understanding that the nationwide deal is $2500 down+$99/month plus tax for 36 months for 10000 miles/year if you donā€™t pay $1000 conquest fee. So I thought getting extra 15000 miles/year for $12/month extra was a nice deal.

I did refuse the tear and wear that was offered to me at $500 after some negotiation. Somebody mentioned in this thread that he got it for under $300 so I thought that $500 was not a good deal. Although now I am thinking that maybe I should have gotten it. Are they really going to charge me for every minor scratch at the end of the lease? Can I go to Fiat and get tear and wear now, a few days after I leased the car?

Yes this is not a bad deal. When you get the 4.5k back, it will be more like 65 a month + tax.

Hi Sprogis,

So you got a different deal than the others Iā€™ve seen, which required $2500 payment upfront for the rebate plus $1000 conquest fee for the $59-$69 month plus tax special. So it looks like the $2500 you paid youā€™ll get back with the $4500 rebate. Looks like you got a better deal at $119 with 15k miles a year. Iā€™m not sure about the wear and tear as iā€™m new also, but from what I read itā€™s best to decline as it comes out cheaper paying at the end.

Can you let me know who the salesperson that worked this deal for you? Also would you mind sharing the credit score range you had. Iā€™m trying to see my qualification, although my husband says to wait it out. Thank you.