19 Q50 signature

Why not just get the Sport model with all the options???

Never had an issue with the infotainment in it, but I think they will come out with a new model in 2021.

@tonybmx curious what others cars you drove/owned that you compare to that didnt have turbo lag. In regards to the transmissionā€¦it does have a fairly old torque converted auto (Had the q50 with the 3.7 motor and i think it had the same trans)

I own or used to own 3.0T Range Rover Sprt, MB C300 (2.0t), Odyssey etc. also test-drove BMW 540 recently. Except Odyssey, all others are turbocharged or supercharged. Supercharged is more like NA without obvious lagging and MB/BMW manages to make their turbo very responsive. So for Q50 I simply feel a little bit odd compared to those. But I still insist at this value Q50 is worth consideration.

1 Like

It costs many thousands more and has absolutely terrible resell value.

I honestly donā€™t think the Q50 will get replaced. At least not first. I think the replacement for the Q50 will be a QX30(small SUV) replacement. Everyone just assumes Infiniti will make a brand new sedan. Why would they do that when sales for sedans are so horrible?

I think we will absolutely see a new vehicle with all of the features we want but I just donā€™t think it will be a sedan.

I think they announced that their moving sedans/coupes over to AWD systems in 2020, so Iā€™d assume the Q50 will be replaced with a new generation.

They should call it something newā€¦ how about G followed by the engine displacement :joy:

1 Like

So hold off on a Q50/Q60 lease with what Iā€™ve read above? Thinking to get a new lease within the Q50/IS 300 v ES 350/ maybe 3 series, Q50 seems the best for the buck but now Iā€™m unsureā€¦

Well I mean im not a fan of anything associated to Nissan, so I would hold off of it indefinitely.

But if you do, from what ive read they should be finally adding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in the 2021 Model.

I still have the 2011 G37 convertible I bought new.

When I go in for service Iā€™m always struck by the fact that it looks like theyā€™ve had exactly the same cars in the showroom for the past 8 years.

1 Like

I stuck with Infiniti for 11 years but when it became apparent I was just getting the same car that came out in 2007, I switched to Audi. The cars are just so lacking of features for the year 2019, but I do agree they are generally a good lease value, and Iā€™ve found them to be rock solid reliable.

I was mainly talking about recent Nissans with that dreaded CVT. But everyones got their own opinion about Nissan products.

But im not sure if your last comment was supposed to be a positive or negative?
ā€œWhen I go in for service Iā€™m always struck by the fact that it looks like theyā€™ve had exactly the same cars in the showroom for the past 8 years.ā€

Infiniti is starting to switch over to that dreaded CVT too. Donā€™t be surprised if/when the revamped q50 gets it too in 2021.

My take is negative. Outside of those that are looking at price alone, all of the competition has newer cars/tech than Infiniti. The q50 is on an almost 20 year old platform. Itā€™s the Fox body (think Crown Vic) of Nissan.

That said, you can get some solid lease deals on them for those that are price conscious.

It has been confirmed that the 2020 Infiniti vehicles will all get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the one exception being their bread and butter QX60 SUV.

The 2020 QX60 is already out and it doesnā€™t have the new infotainment system.