19 Q50 signature

I don’t see what the deal is. There are more equipped trims with navigation. That package costs 1k more than the signature. Those who need these perks can get the Luxe of Sport trim. In any car you buy out there, the navigation will be an additional 1-2k worth of extra cost. Getting an iPhone is also another 400-1000 bucks. Either way…you got to pay😂

A bunch of reputable websites are wrong then.

KBB: Also included is navigation with 3D graphics, voice recognition, and a 4-year subscription to Sirius XM real-time traffic info.

Autoblog: You get heated seats, a heated steering wheel and navigation, as well.

CarAndDriver: It’s also equipped with navigation, SiriusXM, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, 360-degree cameras, and more that are optional on lesser Q50 trims (specifically, everything in the ProAssist and Essential packages).

TheCarMagazine: Of note, a number of features that were previously optional are now standard with the move up to the base V6 powerplant, including remote engine start, Infiniti InTouch navigation with lane guidance and 3D building graphics, the Infiniti InTouch Services suite of digital alerts and remote services, voice recognition for audio, SMS text and vehicle info, power-adjustable lumbar support for the driver, and 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks with a centre pass-through.

CNET: The Essential Package is also standard, adding heated front seats and a heated steering wheel, remote engine start, embedded navigation and a four-year trial of SiriusXM Traffic.

Cars.com: Features included on the Signature Edition that cost extra on the Luxe include a navigation system, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and front and rear parking sensors.

2 Likes

Exactly! I know the last signature had navigation.

Yes absolutely those websites and every single dealer website says that it has navigation. However, every single Infiniti press release leaves it out.

Infiniti told all of these sites and dealers that it had it but then they weren’t able to actually deliver on that promise.

I called a bunch of dealers in my area because their websites list navigation for this model but it doesn’t have it. They stated it absolutely does not have it and they were working to get it removed from the website listings so they wouldn’t be accused of false advertising.

Check the window stickers for the cars. No mention of navigation at all. That is because that is a legally binding document that is regulated by the government. All of the places that would get Infiniti in trouble don’t list navigation. However, they screwed over the dealers on this.

The dealers can’t sell this car quickly because it doesn’t have the options that they were promised.

1 Like

Will go look at a Signature this week or the next one with my friend. Will see if it has it😂 He is interested in getting one.

1 Like

lol

Seems to me like they’re talking about the Canadian Signature edition which came out earlier there as 2018 MY + our US market signature. They are not the same.

2 Likes

The infiniti navi is worthless. It’s straight out of 2005.

Here is a window sticker to avoid confusion

5 Likes

You will find that the 2019 Signatures do not have navigation of any sort. However, I still think it is a decent car to lease.

You get a very good engine and a really nice looking car for a really low monthly payment. The lease numbers are actually ok for this model.

Also the fact that Infiniti offers so many optional packages on other Q50 models kills resell value. Since this model has no options whatsoever it might hold its value better than the sport model does.

Definitely low ball them if you get it. Even if one dealer won’t bite another dealer will. They can’t sell these cars for anywhere near sticker and the 2020 Q50 cars will be out in about 1 month. There are still hundreds of these Q50 Signature models sitting on dealer’s lots.

1 Like

No, all those were about the 2019 Q50 Signature. Guess INFINITI misled a lot of people and journalists.

1 Like

Good advice!

1 Like

No navigation wouldn’t be an issue if CarPlay was available. It was released 5 years ago, yet Infiniti’s don’t have it yet.

I don’t understand how Infiniti can have such an awful infotainment system. Is it that hard to glue a tablet to the dash?

I drive an Infiniti right now but couldn’t imagine jumping into a newer one since the interiors are just terrible/lack basic ergonomics.

1 Like

I have bought/leased 7 Infiniti cars and trucks over the years but my current Q50 will be my last when my lease ends in December.

My car is already $6000 underwater with 5 months left on the lease and the residual was a pathetic 47% after 39 months. How can a car be that far below a really low residual? It isn’t Maserati bad but it isn’t good at all.

The infotainment and lack of new features like Apple CarPlay are just simply deal killers for me. I couldn’t imagine driving a car till almost 2023 that has a navigation system that was designed more than a decade before that. Or even worse, one that doesn’t have navigation at all.

I have really enjoyed my loaded 2016 Q50 Sport. The automated driving features actually work very well if you use them the way they were designed.

However, I can get that in a number of other vehicles now that actually hold their value quite well.

Go check the KBB resell values on a 2018 Kia Stinger or a Genesis G70 Design model. Those cars are very close to the Q50, for less money, and they have held their value extremely well. You can actually buy those cars as opposed to the Q50 that has to be leased because of such poor resell values.

Why would you care about residual unless you bought it?
Thats why MF was .00003 for the longest time.

I guess BMW 50+ residuals with MF of .0001xx are more appealing? Try to sell a BMW few years into a lease and see how real those BMWFS values are.

How did this turn into “Infiniti is oldest platform cars on the market today - change my mind”…this has been true for years…

1 Like

I see what you are saying, and I wouldn’t mind them adding CarPlay, but personally for me, the infotainment works well as it is now. It is easy to use, and does the job well. The car itself is wonderful. Great power, beautiful design, comfortable, and sounds good. The twin turbo is very potent. On the other hand, the Alfa Romeo Giulia and MB C300 don’t even have a touchscreen in 2019, and the MB uses a shitty Garmin system for NAV (pardon my language, but it is, what it is).

Regarding Hyundai and its resale value, the Infiniti is still a few grand ahead, assuming the same MSRP, if we compare a Genesis to a Q50. Of course, I can provide examples, and all that, but feel that it is a waste of time. Never in history did Hyundai hold value well, or Kia. I worked at a dealership, and those Korean cars would always be taken in for dirt cheap, and would take forever to sell. Most people will not take them seriously, unless they start flying. I am a part of the Stinger owners group, for curiosity sakes, and have seen how many owners complain about poor resale values of their Stingers, and issues they have with these cars. Heck, the BMW 750i looses 2/3 of its value in 3 years and 30k miles (MSRP 120k, now runs 43k)

As an example, a 2014 Q50 Premium AWD with 48k miles, which stickered around 42k in 2014 still runs for $14,000-$15,000 in trade value. So when it was new, it likely sold for 34k before tax. So it truly lost $3800 per year, which brings the true ownership cost to $316 a month. I will not include tax, since they vary state to state…so either way it will be within $350/mo to own. I think that’s superb, given the class.
A 2016 BMW 328i xdrive runs for 17k on trade in, with 20-25k miles.

I really think people should stop bashing Infiniti already. If you cannot live without CarPlay, and think this car is very outdated, this car is not the right car for you. Feel free to purchase or lease a Hyundai, if that is what makes you happy. The less Infiniti’s on the road, the more unique they look, and the better resale value they have. So it’s a win-win for all customers.

1 Like

Nobody is salty. I’m the president of both the Infiniti and Korean car fan club too.

I’m just saying I can’t fathom why Infiniti has been getting lazy. Johan de Nysschen put them on the wrong path, infotainment aside.

1 Like

I saw the Signature Edition and thought it was a great looking car. Found one online at a dealer nearby and the online description said, “Navigation Standard”. When my wife went down there to test drive it, she asked about it on the test drive and the dealer said none of them have navigation and the online description was wrong. She walked saying she wasn’t interested. Got a call the next day, “so when are you coming down to pick up the car?”. No navi, no Carplay, no thank you, but that’s just personal preference.

1 Like

We have a 2011 G37 convertible at our vacation home.

It has navigation, but I still prefer my iPhone attached to one of those CD-player-mounted phone holders.

This is really all you need.

1 Like

But that is in a car from 2011, and it still has nav you CHOOSE not to use. The signature edition just can’t compete in today’s market without nav OR Carplay/AndroidAuto when every other car in it’s class does (or at least has the option)… If you are getting a $45k car, it should have more features than a damn Jetta…

1 Like

This is actually a good deal. The problem with this car for me is not about nav or CarPlay. When I was test driving it, I felt the turbo lag was very obvious and transmission shift was slow thus the accelaration was not smooth at all. After I mentioned this to the sales, he also agreed. But with such a good deal and fairly nice looking car, I am still hesitating.

1 Like

Honestly wish that they came with a regular double din stereo. It’s too bad the infotainment contains vital controls like the climate. I would’ve replaced the radio with a new unit ages ago.

1 Like