$15k Equity - What Would You Do

, ,

Was it a desirable trim level or an lx that previously would have gone for under msrp?

Since I see people mentioning markup on tellurides, was visiting family in Kissimmee and uncle just wanted to see whats new in the carnival as he loves minivans. They had a $10k mark up on last Telluride and the last Carnival left on the lot.
Saw another Telluride and when I asked if it was new, turned out it was a CPO with 7k miles for 5k over its sticker.

3 Likes

Call me crazy but I would have taken the 15k equity and then spent time searching for next vehicle just incase Algo changes mind.

1 Like

OP did not lease. It was a purchase, but they state there are no repayment penalties for the credit.

OP here, I am not married to the idea of getting the Telluride (that conversation has been sort of taking the lead, it seems) and very much looking for your suggestions as to what would be a good purchase in the current market conditions. Not looking for a deal just what would be a reasonable value/safe bet in terms of TCO on a quick swap and having always been sold with minimal incentives and discounts.

Could buy an in stock Tesla and pick up another Colorado tax rebate if this is replicable. :grin:

These seem to be holding value and apparently the radar equipped cars are just shy of becoming a premium item.

I moved to Off Ramp since we are discussing purchase, not lease.

I would probably snag a Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid if I could: full Federal Tax credit and hopefully holds it value.

1 Like

Why not just buy another X5 to rinse and repeat?

2 Likes

Except I would lose the $5k I had paid for sales tax, that is why I am looking for a trade-in.

Would be risky since the new EV reform can bring $10k federal incentive that I could miss out on. Plus there is no in-stock Tesla within 200 miles of me, I checked :slight_smile:

Really intriguing option but my wife would rather carry the kids in her back than driving them around in a minivan.

It is definitely one of the options I am considering if I can find a lightly optioned one in stock with at least some dealer discount. I am on the hunt for an UDE certificate for this reason alone.

It was an EX with Premium and Nightfall packages.

1 Like

New EV reform likely to go the same place student debt relief did.

3 Likes

Is there a specific reason you are looking for the Highlander Hybrid over the regular Highlander? I have seen regular Highlander Limited listed around $43,000-45,000.

Telluride/Palisade will be a great option as well, but it really will all depend on the deal.

Because Toyota/Lexus hybrids usually have higher residuals than gas models, I am thinking they hold their value better. Plus the gas savings are a bonus but if gas models get discounts whereas the hybrids do not then the gas models are definitely on my list too…

Durango SRT 392.
You are welcome.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah I actually checked after your post. It is unbelievable that it is still the same car as the one I sat in 10 years ago. It is like the Detroit 4Runner, never gets redesigned…

1 Like

And now with the Grand Cherokee L, it never will be.

Fast enough to be forgiven many many other sins.

Actually fast, from start to finish? Or just in a straight line?

Depends on your perspective. For new 3-row SUVs under $65k, I’m fairly certain it wins both ways.

Spit balling here but I wonder whether you could use the equity to pay for all or some of a one pay lease to facilitate a lease that still saves State tax credit without putting down a huge CCR? It looks like it is possible based on Colorado department of revenue info. A dealer knowing how to do it is of course a whole nother question.

1 Like

OP here again. Hope I am not opening a can of worms with this but what do you guys think of the GV80? It looks like the new Palluride craze in that people were lining up to pay MSRP or even markup before the chip shortage. Looks like I can just trade-in my X5 straight up for a 2.5 Advance or 3.5 Base…