$1499 monthly subscription service from Enterprise

$1500 for as many used cars as you want? Doubt anyone will jump on this. Not sure how they can have market data rationalizing this.

they must be smoking some shit –

Volvo seems the most grounded and reasonable

1 Like

right? as many chevy impalas as you want. Come on now.

3 Likes

Guys, this seems like a fantastic idea!

"This way, customers can take a Chrysler 300 out for date night"

I’ve always wanted to take my wife out for a date night in a beat Chrysler product…

14 Likes

I could rent an enterprise car for $500-600/mo without trying too hard and get a full size upgrade through Costco…

1 Like

This is the problem with one-price-for-all when the underlying product has variable cost depending on the consumer (i.e. this is why all-you-can-eat buffets are a good deal for big eaters).

This tells me the accountants probably run Enterprise. They priced this at $1499 to decrease financial risk from those who would cause the greatest liability. But that’s skewed the price point so much, they now basically have only those people in their market.

Better approach would be to make people qualify, like we have to do for good interest rates and insurance. Lower the risk to Enterprise, lower the price for consumers -> better offer.

Maybe, just maybe, if one needs 3,000 miles a month, and can write off the tax cost, and has a business that keeps them so busy they don’t wanna eff around with car leases, then maaaaaaaaaybe.

But for that price, the “special” stuff better be available. Like the clapped out year-old QX60 and the 320i with crank windows and the Escalade that always smells oddly of a skating rink.

1 Like

Enrollment fee is only $250, what steal. Last time I rented a car it was unlimited miles, this deal sounds terrible.

god damn you should at least get some sports cars for this price lol

they’ll probably let you get into an ecoboost mustang for that price

1 Like

What the…

Fantastic opportunity for anyone who needs to, ahem, clean some funds?

7 Likes

I’d ask for nothing less than an Escalade or better at that price. If I still traveled for work 1/3 of the year altogether and could pick up a car wherever I landed this would totally be worth it… so long as my work picked up the bill for it or at least 1/2 of it…

I think Enterprise sees Audi/Porsche/Cadillac doing it and asking several thousand a month. Only problem is, Enterprise isn’t those brands.

I was going to say that it might be a decent deal if you could grab nicer sports like GT Mustangs or Hemi Challengers I’ll see every so often, or get the luxury upgrade cars like the Maseratis and MBs for free, but the list of cars that are eligible pretty much cross those out:

We are excited to offer a range of cars, SUVs and trucks as part of Subscribe with Enterprise. Examples of eligible car classes and models include:
Full-Size and Premium Sedans: Nissan Altima, Chevy Impala, Toyota Camry, Chrysler 300 or similar
Compact, Intermediate and Standard SUVs: Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Kona, Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Pathfinder or similar
Standard and Full-Size Pickup Trucks: Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford F150 or similar

Only use case I can barely think will work is somebody who owns a small business and travels a lot for work; Enterprise locations are at pretty much every airport in the United States, and you could probably write off the expense.

At the very bottom of the FAQ they say you can’t use the cars for ride sharing, which means the other fringe use case I could think about wouldn’t happen either.

Nissan Altima? Sign me up!

1 Like

Loaded explorers are nice…

Unfortunately most of their stock is middle of the road to base. I can think of better ways to spend money, like flushing quarters down the toilet.

2 Likes

I think that this is targeted towards people who are traveling for business on the road constantly. I’m no tax professional, but I could see the possibility of a person or business being able to write this off in the right circumstances. It would be perfect for Professional Wrestlers. They can call it “Neutral Drop by Enterprise”

1 Like

.40 cents a mile? This is literally the worst subscription model out there.

Who the hell wants to spend 1500 a month plus taxes and fees to drive around in economy cars with cloth seats for under 3k miles a month?

Even business men who travel a lot… it may be easier just to rent compact cars whenever they need it.

1 Like

Agree the deal isn’t good.

But business people who travel that much, by and large aren’t inclined to rent economy cars, especially if the company is paying.