1.5 years into BMW lease, car may be totaled

Hopefully it isn’t. Not sure what he means by rear floor damage (I am not car savvy aside from negotiating deals).

He prob meant the rear of the frame. If they don’t total it, make sure to use a BMW approved body shop so you don’t have any issues when returning the car. You’ll want to make sure they do it properly, atleast. First place would be to check with your local dealer, and who they use (or if they have a body shop, on site)

1 Like

Ah okay. Thank you! Nashville BMW doesn’t have their own so they sent me to the shop they refer out to.

1 Like

Update: Not totaled. $12,111 to fix. Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease!

4 Likes

That was far from totaled

That is a lot of money for a bumper - was there any frame damage?

And pay likely $300 per month more for a new bmw?

36/15 $328+tax nothing down.

Lol, keep that thing as long as you can.

3 Likes

The $12,111 number is the preliminary estimate. Since he said it looked like there might be frame damage I’m assuming that will go up even more once it’s disassembled. Here’s what they sent me

I feel like putting “cavity wax” as a line item is just letting you know they’re trying to bend you over

8 Likes

I’m sure my insurance is going to come back with a lesser amount but I guess it is what it is. I have to go to this shop because it’s BMW’s affiliate here in Nashville.

I just think it’s a funny line item.

2 Likes

It’s roughly equivalent to a ~$48k 330i. Those are now $628 plus tax?

Anyway it’s probably moot now but I stand by what I said. I don’t want a frame-damaged car back.

Its equivalent to a 50k 3 series if apples to apples. Ya no thanks lol. Aren’t you the one saying not to lease a car now unless you have to?

1 Like

Frame damage is definitely one of those “you have to” scenarios IMO.

But it’s moot if there isn’t any.

At least this is yet another good example of how leasing makes good financial sense (if you get the right deal of course) BMWFS is going to lose a heap of $$$ on this car.

3 Likes

btw is that a BMW certified shop?

Yeah it is

1 Like
  1. Get a check from insurance.
  2. Get it repaired at another shop.
  3. Profit?
1 Like

It might be too late if OP authorized repair shop to deal directly with insurance company.

He is also getting charged for Covid as part of the estimate. Repair shop giving out a vaccine? That why there is a line item for (2) - one for each shot.