Tips on negotiating Giulia lease

Hello, first time poster looking for tips on how to negotiate Giulia lease. I found $377/month with zero down 24/10 but dealer stock doesn’t have color/wheel preferences. I’ve seen on this site that it’s recommended to negotiate 15-20% off MSRP on a lease. Didn’t realize MSRP could be negotiated. Any tips/guidance would be appreciated! TIA

MSRP cannot be negotiated, sales price can. 15-20% is par for the course with luxury sedans right now, so, yes, aim for that.

1 Like

Best deals are on the 2018’s And those are dwindling. Might be hard to get the exact one you want at 20% off. Base model 2018’s should be around 20% off.

you need to be flexible if you want a hackr worthy deal…doesnt mean you need to drive a pink car but if you have to have certain things you give away your negotiating power

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful advice. When negotiating with a dealer today, he was confused that I asked for 15-20% off the sales price and claimed nobody ever asked for that before. The example he gave for clarity was if the MSRP is 50,000 and it’s already reduced to 45,000, the additional 15-20% is on the 45,000 which makes the car around 38,000 before incentives/rebates. He said it like it was a crazy feat given the MSRP.

Another dealer dropped the MRSP by 10,000 but wanted $420/month for 39 month lease on a MSRP of 45,000. This was his idea of a match for zero down $377/24months. When I asked what the benefit of dropping down to 35,000, he couldn’t answer me. I’m getting pretty turned off with the games!

Sounds like the salesmen you’re dealing with are either not trained or are playing “stupid.”

No one is reducing MSRP, they are simply offering a selling price lower than MSRP. Both dealers should be avoided, but wherever you found the 377, let me know because that’s a killer deal right now in giulias regardless of color and if you don’t want it then I’ll ltake it.

1 Like

What is msrp on this $377 lease for 24 months?is it true zero drive off?

If you get upset with games buying a car is unpleasant and working a good lease deal is going to be even more unpleasant.

As the other members have already informed you, you are confused with the terminology. But ignore that for now. According to the Edmunds forums, the residual on a 39 month lease should be around 45% or below. If the the 420/month is a 39 month/10k lease, I recommend that you don’t take it. The 50K MSRP suggests that the car might be a Giulia TI Sport. If the 377 deal is a zero down and zero drive off, then its a hackr level deal. If the drive off is around 2k or less, its still a solid deal. The residual for a 24 month lease is higher than a 39. The higher the residual, the lower your payments will be. Ask for the details including the MSRP, Selling Price, and the lender. Then calculate the rebates that you qualify for and research the money factor/APR and residual value. Put those into leasehackr calculator. See how close your results are to the dealer and make a decision afterwards. The best I’m getting in my area for a TI Sport around 48K MSRP for 24 months/12k miles is 575 with a 2k drive off. I would greatly appreciate it if you can PM me the dealer for the 377 deal.

Feedback on this offer would be appreciated

Thank you for the information and your help! I will pm the dealer offer to you.

Why is that? Do the dealerships turn more revenue on lease deals than retail?

Thank you for the tips. I’ll pm you the dealer offer.

Thank you!

MSRP is 45,235

Have you looked at the dealer website or another dealers in the area? Some are really good at breaking out incentives. There is conquest…current leasee…realtor…so many others…also I inquired on truecar and a week later received an email for $500 off.

I’ve tried about a half a dozen dealers in the PA NJ area. I can’t get them even close to $400 per month unless I go with a very base model. Good luck out there

Thanks Bri, yes, I’ve been searching the entire east coast. I’ve toggled a few times between purchasing a preowned and leasing and have gotten discouraged with the scam deals out there. :confused:

ha, it’s rough for sure here, yes I’ve combed dealerships throughout the east coast and have found the same you did. I’m hoping this black Friday season will get more incentives going to clear out the 2018s. Manhattan and Westbury had offers around $377 with zero down but there were a lot of bucks padded in and it felt more like a scam. I posted the offer from Manhattan. Let me know your thoughts.
Good luck to you too!

true! I may have to settle for white which was my last choice but the wheels make it worth settling :wink: