Rate my lease - 2019 Jetta SEL

Hi Fellow Hackrs,
This is my first time creating an account with the site, I have been using it for my research…alot! See the link to my calculator below, this is what the dealer had quoted me today. There’s also a $750 rebate, I assume this would be sent me to after the purchase of the car? Not sure how the rebate works entirely.

No, I wouldn’t assume that. Post-sale rebates that come to you separately are usually state or govt rebates that you apply for separately (EV rebates, etc.). Anything that comes from the dealer or OEM is already baked into the lease. Post an image of the dealer sheet with no personal info.

location?

edmunds link for data:

curious about the 750…

19355 Zip Code in PA

So it’s 9% tax on the monthly?

Hi Max,
I may have missed that part from the document the dealer provided. The sales tax on vehicles for my zip code is 6%

Correction, I just read the bottom of the doc (fine print not seen in my above screenshot) and for leases in PA the tax is 9%.

My guess is that the $750 is the $250 lease cash plus the partner program $500 @tonyg2017. You’ll need to plug it in to the calculator and see if they have the MF marked up, discount looks okay(although last couple months I’ve seen up to $4000 off). Just noticed your calculator link, looks like they have the MF marked up, get that at buy rate. I corrected a few things and rolled the dealer few into the price. Get some more quotes

@tonyg2017 Just clarified with the dealer, the $250 is a “lease bonus” while the $500 is an incentive VW was giving out at the Car Show in my area.

I think you can do a little better but not much. My wife leased a Jetta S in December and she received about $4000 off on a $21500 MSRP.

Hey Hackrs,
Since I’m still new to this perhaps some you seasoned vets can provide some insight. Short of just asking the dealer to lower the selling price what have you found that works the best in getting the dealer to go down on the price? I’m still trying to hack this deal for my girlfriend and think I can get the dealer down an extra $500 on sale price, do you all think that’s doable? How would you approach it?

Tell them you would take the car immediately with another 500 off selling price. If they say no, then you have your answer.

There’s really no magic lingo to make a dealer lose more money on a deal.

Your real power is shopping around. Talk to other dealers and be honest with them. Tell them you have an offer from another dealer for x% off. Can they match it or beat it? If they can, go back to this dealer and tell them sorry, another dealer beat your price. Then wait. If they get back to you with a counter then go back to dealer two and tell them the same thing, the other dealer made a better deal. Then wait again. If they don’t counter then go with the other one.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. We’re looking to close the deal this weekend, I’ll post the numbers once we sign. Hope to make the forum proud! Lol

Hi Hackrs,
So I shared this calculator with the dealer and said that it appears the monthly payment with tax should be $253 (they quoted $269). His comment back was the following…is he right? Based on my inputs he’s not but maybe someone here can provide some clarification.

“I was able to figure out the difference between your numbers and ours. First is that we have $171.97 for registration, tags and title work. If you are transferring tags then that number would be different. Secondly is that our deal is with you ONLY giving us $500 and that’s it. In your Lease Calculator you will give us $992 (Drive Off). If you want to do that then we would be at your number.”

He seems to be on the level and accurate about the statement…

He seemed pretty cool to give you a good explanation. The calculator does in fact reflect you paying 992 as drive-offs instead of just the 500. The 492 difference would account for the approximately 16 dollar a month difference in payment.

The “992” is also highlighted in the calculator intentionally to draw your attention to the drive off amount.

Hi Stinger,
Appreciate the feedback, must have put my numbers in wrong. I’ve been told that this is the lowest they could $267/Month with $500 down and other incentives. I’m ready to make the deal this Saturday I think it’s a pretty good deal but then again I’m still new to this lol.

His explanation is right and accurate I think the deal isn’t bad at all but you gotta decide if you like the car at the payment maybe you can try squeezing some water out of a rock and ask if they can do that payment with absolutely zero down maybe they will hit you back with a counter offer or they just simply say no, either way it’s not a horrible offer but you could get cheaper if you went for lower trim , I did the same thing with my Ford Fusion hybrid, I went for higher trim to get the goodies and paid for it

Signed! See the attached, I’m pretty happy with the deal and my GF is happy with the car. May have been able to do slightly better but it seems like a win for my first shot at trying to hack. Can’t thanks this forum enough!