Is this Alfa Romeo stelvio deal, good or bad? Need help ASAP! NY AREA

Are you in the NY area? Do you mind sharing what you get from the broker? I’m interested to see if they are able to get better numbers than the ones people are posting here in the forums.

Base with around $5k in options

V@I don’t believe the broker wants to do business. I asked him to match the 395 a month 395 down deal on a 48 grand stelvio from Chicago and he is not calling me back to get his hundred dollar startup fee…

I’m assuming he is not interested in dealing with Alfa Romeo…

Sorry guys…

I thought with a broker this would have been easier…

That was the whole point of their 400 dollar fee…

Well I guess I should be grateful he didn’t take the $100 to start…I guess the broker had a conscience.?

I haven’t started in with the dealers Yet…I figured that’s why I’d have a broker do the deal.

I’m ready today to sign the papers.

I think the high concentration of Italians in the tri state area who always dreamed of owning an Alfa Romeo have for a short period of time created greater demand so the tri state dealers aren’t cutting deals…like in other parts of the country…

Either that or these guys are paying so much in fixed costs they can’t afford to make the deals we are seeing on the forum.

I was almost going to fly to Chicago or Texas or even California , pick up the car and have an adventure home…

My better half said fuck it…if it can’t be done locally I’ll just get something else as the deals pop up …

This hiring a broker thing didn’t go a step I anticipated. I do tend to expect slightly better transparency yet I imagine the brokers are inundated (sp) and can’t tell the real customers with cash in hand and the shoppers…

Either that Oem the brand Alfa’s Romeo has them running and hiding because they are no time making local deals with brokers…

Most of the alfa leads are one the edge of bankruptcy…the fiat brand collapsed…the Guilia is slow…and the subvented leases by competitive cuv brands is kicking their ass

What is a better transparency than not taking a $100 retainer?

1 Like

**well **
My actual preference for transparency is the literal use of the English language instead of having me guess if I have a broker doing the deal for me or not but I understand…

I just thought since we are seeing these deals in Chicago and California we would get them here in NY tri state area…I thought the broker could facilitate the deal 123…since that’s their business…

If the deal pops up cool…if the broker pops up and says no he can’t do it…that’s cool too…I totally understand …the hustle…and the spin…

But I’m used to slightly different business practices but we are talking about the auto industry…with a reputation of xyz…no real surprises here…

I’ve been buying and leasing cars for 40 years…I usually buy a car in literally 15minites …I don’t ever get etc this he best deal or the worst deal but rather what I believe is a fair deal.

The incentives in Alfa’s in Chicago and California are either available in the tri state ny area or they are not…

It’s not rocket science and should take very little time to determine if this 400 down and 409 a month deal is available for a 48 grand car discounted by the manufacturer and dealer to the tune of 10 or 11 grand

I stumbled onto this site and thought this site was awesome…and it is…

And I’m sure the brokers are wonderful too…

Who knows I might get an email tonight…saying I’ve got your deal…

I didn’t quite understand how you can give them the hundred dollar start up fee if they don’t speak to you on the phone to get it…

Maybe I’m screwing it up, I would assume I actually never hired the guy? Because he didn’t take the hundred dollar good faith deposit?

It would be nicer to have known…instead of looking like a fucking idiot telling my wife…luckily she doesn’t give a shit…she would have liked it but not the end of the world since we have a severely handicapped and autistic 22 year old …

I thought using a broker would have made this a slam dunk deal easy…

But no one can create a deal in a region if the manufacturer incentives are less than in other parts of the country…

Are you supposed to pay pal the broker here the first portion of the fee and then they contact on the phone? Seemed kind of weird to me to not get a phone call back to take the good faith deposit

Like I said I’m relatively new to the site

This isn’t the greatest car of all time…it’s one of many in the segment …the a.fa dealers have been on the ropes for years with relatively undesirable product…the stelvio and to a lesser extend the Guilia are relatively halfway decent entry’s …

My brides 60 this year…we are married 25 years…

I have a two and a half year reservation on the little tesla model 3 that isn’t coming in until 2019 so I told those guys to go take a hike…I needed it in 2018 so it could be like a gift …an David that’s not happening I’m sure someth8ng else will come around …

Lexus, Infiniti, Cadillac, Acura all have relatively similiar products that will work just fine for my wife to drive around town. :wink: she didn’t care that much one way or the other which new car I get her…

I don’t have a lease to get rid of …and I’m keeping her awd 300 hp fe2 CTS for me in addition to my corvette…as sometimes I have to move around the kid and an 86 year old mother living one floor below Donald trump JR in Manhattan,

I don’t like to park my corvette in the garages of manhattan etc…

Fwiw…

This is peak season for car sales …another few months and the Alfa dealers will be begging to move the 2018s…as will every other manufacturer…

How does doing this make sense ? When you factor in gas, tolls, wear and tear, mileage, air fare and your time by whatever months your leasing might as well get it locally.

1 Like

I didn’t even try locally to negotiate a deal and flying out and picking the car up isn’t about logic…it was about having fun.

I thought for a moment my son and I would have an adventure together…

Like I mentioned above he’s got sever autism and sometimes life is about the experiences not just the penny saved…

The wife didn’t want me to take him and fly out so that’s not happening…

She didn’t think the Alfa or any car for her was was worth it…and if it was meant to be…it’ll be local through a broker or not…

No biggie…

Sorry couldn’t help guys…,

Wait a few months…the dealers will be desperate to move several brands of vehicles…

The stelvio did drive nice compared to the Volvo xc40,the Range Rover evoque, the Lexus …

I did think the little Infiniti qx30 awd with the seven speed dct had a nice direct drive experience through the gas pedal…

And at 299 a month…that was a smoking deal…

Wife’s just not sure if the qx30 looks like a cuv or a station wagon …I got to get her over there to look at and drive all these cars…

The Alfa was bright red so that was her determining factor to just trust me in the test drive when I said it was the best of all the vehicles mentioned…5ats why I attempted to just hire the broker and get the deal done, didn’t work out as I anticipated…

Otherwise I’ll do the Lexus rx350 for a total reverse into a luxury cuv and call it a day…

Rumor is the rx350 is being redesigned come the next model year so incentives on leftovers before the year isn’t out should be good too…

1 Like

Bro 420 w420 DAS 24/10 all day in NJ.

2 Likes

Ok where …where and how do we make that happen?

Fullerton, Maple shade, Ramsey, Morris County.
Stay away from Ray Catena they only want Italians.

1 Like

Fullerton is no way close to 420. I got a price of 638 with 637 drive off on 52k car.

While you can get that same car in SoCal for 399. If you use the calculator it should be 403 but Fullerton says that calculator is wrong

I was the broker that put that chicago deal together its going to be hard to even replicate. Not saying that they wont do it again…

Thanks guys…what would you offer on 48300 that’s Alfa red black interior with 20s.

450 a month. 450DAS?

I

Solid deal. Guys here are trying to compare MSRP to MSRP without taking everything into consideration.
RV and MF are different for each trim, age of unit on lot and desirability of color/trim.

24/10
Ti w/sunroof, 19" wheels, Nav, Dynamic packages. Aged unit.
349 w no money down - inceptions at signing. Roll them all in and do the math. With no skills you will be under 450.

How do you find the age of the unit. ?

Is it in the vin number or the sticker?

I can drop the mileage to 7500 if that helps…

I don’t know if Alfa does like Lexus and offers 7500 miles…

Any of you guys know

Carjojo will show unit age.
I don’t think Ally does 7,500. No clue on Chysler.

Are you a broker? If you are I’ll gladly pay you.

Pm me your number and if your not…do me a favor and let me know which dealer you found 349 with inceptions due at signing…

Thanks

Not a broker. My buddy works for Alfa.
Just checked. No more stock on aged units with Sunroof and 20’s under 49K. It’s either smaller wheels, no roof.

I have no use for a sunroof. Just want to 20s.

Prefer Alfa red with black interior…