Has anyone leased an Aston Martin before?

I was sent this by my dealer and the advertised lease offers before negotiating actually seems reasonable. 5K miles should be enough. Though if anyone leased a DB11 I would like to know your feedback as Aston Martin I know has large margins and discounts on old inventory. I was originally inquiring about the new DB11 AMR after I was originally checking out their Bentley inventory. I am looking for a demo or punched 16 /17 Bentley Continental GT Speed to own and so far discounts are about 60K with no miles. Then I saw the Aston Martin section which brought me to this.
Didn’t get a quote yet for the actual RV and MF for the Vantage but seems pretty good. What’s your opinions? 0 cap 1799 173K MSRP but requires a odd Ally lease protection package for 1500.

https://www.astonmartinofgreenwich.com/2019-aston-martin-vantage-c-2710.htm

Details on Smart Lease protect:

SmartLease Protectâ„  coverage features include:

• Coverage for exterior surface damage, tires and wheels, glass and lenses, interior and upholstery, bumpers, missing and broken parts, and more (up to $5,000)
  • Protection against excess mileage charges (up to $400)

Considering the vehicle, I’d imagine one panel needing work could easily hit that mark. It is perhaps even higher coverage on a vehicle like this one. I’d probably consider it myself if leasing an AM.

I guess they are tough with the lease returns if they want you to have this 5000 in coverage. I agree 5000 could easily be reached for just a chip in the glass that you don’t notice until it’s too late.

I’ve seen deals like this in the nearby luxury mall. Here’s the kicker though - miles are probably 5k/year or 7500 at the most. Also, is maintenance included? Factor in another $1.5k/year for that, if the costs are similar to the used Aston Martin Doug Demuro had for a year…

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/heres-what-it-cost-me-to-own-an-aston-martin-for-a-year-258376

I saw that deal and was equally as intrigued by it. In truth I love the DB11 but based on some of the listings up on Swapalease I’m assuming that it’ll be quite difficult to next to impossible to get what I’d consider a lease good enough to consider. I’d love to the see the residual and MF just to get an idea as to WHY they lease so poorly

Re: Smart Lease Protect - I currently have it on my Alfa and I believe the cost was somewhere around $600. I’m thinking the larger premium must coincide with higher coverage but that’s a question better suited for the dealership

https://www.astonmartinlongisland.com/

Same deal, but WITH a $7500 pull ahead for 6 months?

I still have a year to go for my lease, but this is intriguing.

1500-2000 is the normal service for a GranTurismo so I’m fine with that.

I believe this is a national offer. What are you currently leasing the last Gen Vantage?

No, I got 12mos left on an NSX, but like now I am happy I took a 24 month lease on the NSX. I wonder if that deal is good for 24 mos, 36mos is long time. smart people graduate college in that time.

I agree 24 months might be better. Aston has huge margins usually especially considering the base MSRP is 40% more than the outgoing Vantage. I remember virage were 50+K off when they didn’t sell a year later. Miller Motorcars has been difficult to deal with for sales in Maserati and Bentley they prefer to wait for a person to pay full than take a deal. Miller Motorcars service I wouldn’t recommend their Ferrari, Maserati or Bentley based on prior experience, too many CEL’s and other issues when cars were delivered, basically they would rush and miss minor things like reattaching a sensor or rotors squealed after service was completed so you have to send the car back. Twice their Maserati service broke interior trim pieces/ parts. Not sure about their Aston Martin Dealership if they are local to you. Your great NSX lease deal could probably be easily assumed by a buyer if your lender allows lease assumptions.

Well, it is Greenwich CT, accidentally paying full MSRP is probably like a badge of honor.

Exactly they probably brag the dealer wanted over sticker for the new Vantage and they got it at sticker. It’s no GT3 Touring.

when you lease exotics they are ridiculously uptight about scratches,dings, and small dents. Watch out for wear and tear on the upholstry and the dash which is leather, the alcantara liner shouldn’t give you any issues besides having to worry about stains. Expect to run through at least 1 set of tires. you have an nsx so you should get the whole money is no object thing when it comes to these cars. I would just set a reasonable budget for the type of car you’re looking for, also if its a weekend car I would go aston over bentley all day. Bentley’s look plain and for old people but thats just me.

I agree especially about the tires. On a GranTurismo the stock Pirellis were about 10K for fronts and 6K for rears, while this is an Aston Martin and lighter, those tires add up.

This is why Middle Class America is like a blackhole with escape velocity >= lightspeed.

Just when I think i am getting ahead… investment account nose drives, and surprise…my car tires are gonna cost an arm and leg.

What’s next? my real estate portfolio is in an asset bubble, and they changed the tax code on write-offs?.. Oh wait… damn it.

At least I have my elite liberal arts education to fall back on, Political Science and Intersectional Crossword studies, super in demand.

The worst I saw was 2 hours labor to mount and balance two front tires for a Maserati GranTurismo that had me almost fall over until they gave a slight 1XX discount on the bill making it about 1 hour to mount and balance two tires. Luckily legally for a lease at least as long as the tires are the correct spec I could even get some off brand Chinese tires or used patched 4/32 tires in a pinch before lease return inspection.

that’s it? I once overheard a dude brag to his pals that the oil change on his murcielago was as expensive as a 1st class flight from jfk to saudi Arabia.

Time to buy some precious metals…

Let’s try to stay on topic.

thats guy was blowing smoke out his @$$…while i don’t know what a oil change runs, i know what first class tickets run -_- 10-20k+ depending on the airline, no way a oil change on an oil change on a murcielago costs that much.

2 Likes