Current 2018 Volvo XC60 deals?

Hi all, I am a noob at leases and sorry if the questions are in the “that is not how this place works” category.

Trying to find a good lease on XC60 Inscription. I am in NC and the only 2 cars I was able to find that have exactly the packages I want are located in NH and NC. The dealer in NC said they would discount 500 off MSRP so I ruled that one out. Still waiting for a callback after talking to “i am the super manager” lady from the NH dealership after requesting the numbers over the phone, but there is a chance she got scared after me mentioning MSD and MF :slight_smile:

While I am waiting, anybody know current MF and residual on XC60 T60 Inscription? It may be me not knowing how to search but I could not find them on Edmunds.

Also wondering if there are any regional Volvo incentives for NC? I am not a current Volvo owner.

So far before even getting the quote from that NH dealer I put together some numbers I found in the late Volvo topic and here is what I got:

MSRP: 60605
Sales Price: 51514.25 (15% off MSRP) - virtual
Money Factor : 0.00092 - from the late Volvo topic
Document Fee: 100
Acquisition Fee : 995
Miles/yr: 10000
Months: 36
Down Payment: 0
Taxed Incentives : 0
MSD: Calculator glitching and does not allow me to select Volvo and MSD field is not shown
Residual: 57 %
License/Registr. Fees: 400
Sales Tax: 3 %
Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $579
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $596
Drive-Off: $1,099
1st month payment: $596
Down payment: $0
Registration and doc fee: $500
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $3
Refundable MSD Payment: $0
Leasehackr Score: 8.6 years
Disposition Fee: $350

Should I be trying to reach those virtual numbers or is there any way to improve?

1 Like

62% 24/15
54% 36/15
add 2% for 12K, 3% for 10K, 4% for 7.5K
Incentives are probably different in NC and NH - build your car on volvo site and from summary go to payment estimator, it will show local lease incentives based on the entered zip.

1 Like

There is no way a NH dealer will charge only 100 doc fee. At least 400-500

1 Like

@Sabut - are you looking for a T5 or T6 Inscription? There’s even the wild card T8 Inscription, too.

What city in NC are you in or near? How far away are you willing to go to get a car? Sounds like you’re about 800 miles away from NH…

What are the packages/color combinations that you must have? How is tax charged on NC leases?

1 Like

@KD6-3.7 I was thinking T6 Inscription, but the packages I want are apparently too rare. Ideally I would like Advanced, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, 4-Corner Air Suspension. I may want to give up the latter, but the thing that makes it rare is the Luxury package. I am flexible on the color. And ideally I do not want to pay 3k+ on the “upgraded” sound - no car audio in the world is worth that. I think I will research the T5 and T8 also. The thing that makes it difficult is that on Cargurus, Autotrader etc the packages in the new cars are not listed clearly and I have to find cars with the MSRP close to my number and go to the dealer website to see that there are the packages I want.

I am in Cary, NC. How far am I willing to go - well, I see it this way… If I have to fly out and drive back the whole day to save a couple of thousand dollars, it is worth my time. Basically a “free” long weekend away from home.

Anyway, I probably scared off the NH dealer because they never called me back. The NC dealer got back to me saying they would give 10% off MSRP and their first quote for the 60k car is 728/month on a 36m/12k lease. Unfortunately they are not willing to send me the lease worksheet. Even not knowing the dealer doc fees, that seems too high.

The Truecar best (not average) sales are around 14% off MSRP in NC and 15% in the NJ area, so I am thinking I will try to get 15% before incentives.

Tax in NC is 3% if I read it correctly.
The only Incentive the Volvo website gives me in the payment estimator is 2018 Volvo XC60 Lease Bonus Dealer Cash - $1250

So adding a rough 500 dollars in dealer and Reg fees I get something like this:

60k MSRP
Sale price: 51k (15% off)
Incentives: 1250
Monthly with tax: 498
Drive Off: 1551
MSD: 5500

Is that what I should show in my potential lease proposal or should I change any numbers?

This is complicated. The simplest thing is to lease a car in NC where the tax situation is clean. It looks like tax is paid monthly and at 3% in NC, so it may not be too difficult to lease from out of state. In my limited experience with out of state leases, the leasing dealer charges his local rate at delivery and then when the lessee registers the car, the tax rate on the payment is changed by VCFS (Volvo). So if you go out of state, concern yourself with if you have to pay license fees in another state. If you’re only paying tax on the 1st payment in the other state, that’s no big deal.

I’m wondering how you’re coming up with a selling price of 15% off of MSRP- it seems completely unrealistic, especially since you’re considering the $1,250-2,000 incentive to be separate from that discount. Personally, I think the TrueCar discount of 14% is fairly unicorny (and it has the incentives baked in). Try for all of that, but keep in mind that’s major league bottom feeding and you’re not going to mind a lot of straight shooters in the deep end of the pool for that, especially when you want the buy rate on the MF.

“Build” an XC60, go to summary, go to payment estimator, and you should see this:

Plug in your zip code and select “any distance.” In all of NC, I saw $1,250 of “applied offers.” When I got to TN, it bumped to $2,000. You can search around, but it may not go higher than that. To go out of state to save $750 might be worth it, but the key is finding a dealer who will discount the car the most, give you the buy rate on the lease, and work in MSDs without having an unnecessary heart attack (hopefully they’ll be open minded enough to see it’s no big deal and doesn’t cost them anything). For 36/10, the MF and RVs for 2018 XC60 Inscriptions are:

T5 - 0.00052 and 57%
T6 - 0.00069 and 57%
T8 - 0.00065 and 49% (keep in mind you’ll get $5,002 on this one)

Random thoughts:

• the Bowers & Wilkins stereo will most likely be on the XC60s you find with the options you want. It’s worth it if you like really good sound, a waste if you don’t. When it came out in the 2016 XC90, Volvo told us that if you were to go buy the components separately for retail, it would cost $12,900. It’s a very reputable company that makes great stuff. Magazines rate it very highly. Note- it takes 20-40 hours to break in and won’t fully “open up” until then. It won’t sound that great on a brand new car.

You can search on the Volvo website from the summary after you’ve built a car.

Suggestion- find a dealer willing to work with you transparently on the discount, MF, and MSDs (if you want to do that). See if they can trade for the car. If you find that unicorn XC60 you’re looking for, he’s very very very very unlikely to the be the wheeler dealer you’re looking for, and once his dealership knows you want their car, the won’t trade it to the wheeler dealer you want to lease it from.

1 Like

If I make it 10% off MSRP, with the rest of the numbers being the same for the 60k car the monthly payment goes from 498 to 585 which is quite a difference but still below the 1% myth. I will research if there are T5 and T8 with those packages.

This ^…

2 Likes

@Sabut - I’m getting $595 + tax based on your $60K MSRP with a 10% discount. How is your calculation different?

You have slightly different dealer/reg fees, zero MSD and 10k miles vs my 12k and your RV is different. I saw on Edmunds someone specifically say today that it is 56% for 36m/12k. If you know for sure it is 57% for 10k/36m I substract 2% and get 55% RV for my 12k/36m version. Basically using your calculator and changing 10k to 12k, substracting 2% RV and adding 10 MSD, I get this:

MSRP 60k
Sale price 54k (10% off)
Incentives: 1250
10 MSD
RV 55%
Monthly without tax: 584
Monthly with tax: 602

If I use 56% RV as I was using before, I get monthly 568 without taxes and 585 with taxes, exactly the numer I calculated previously. Not sure if that is achievable though :slight_smile:

I get the same with 12,000 miles and 10 MSDs. The residual drops 1% from 10,000 to 12,000 miles. I thought you said 10,000 miles and you couldn’t put in MSDs before.

1 Like

Great. So Volvo website only gives me that crappy 1250 cash. Anything else I can potentially squeeze out of it? I am a member of Costco, have Amex and AAA, not driving Volvo currently, and my employer is a crappy IT staffing agency but I have a big company email, not sure if that makes any difference and if it even qualifies as any member of any VIP list.

On the phone they were asking a weird question if I have other “luxury” brand that may apparently affect my incentives. I have a Honda and a Lexus and had a Nissan in the last 6 months. They did not care much about the Honda and Nissan and bullied Lexus by saying it was an upscale version of a crappy Toyota :slight_smile: Just wondering what they consider as a luxury brand and how it may affect my incentives.

I don’t see how it’s going to get better right now. You’ve got a very optimistic 10% off estimate plus the incentive and buy rate on the MF. The price won’t get lower unless there’s an incentive for something, and belonging to multiple organizations isn’t going to stack on top of a rock bottom deal. Sept 1st is right around the corner, and all the incentives and the lease program will update.

I’m not aware of any conquest type incentive which is what the dealer is inferring. If you have had a Volvo or SAAB in your name or registered to your home address within the last 6 months, that would qualify you for a $500 loyalty rebate. That’s probably what they were fishing for. Saying the Lexus is a crappy Toyota translates to find another dealer in my book.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please post “wanted” ads here

Sorry I’m new to the forum and don’t have permission to create a new thread yet but hoping to get feedback here on this lease deal on an XC60 T8:

Awful, but it is what it is. I get the same $821/mo based on your numbers. You can try for the bigger than current 7.6% off discount, but it won’t make it a good deal, anyway - $771/mo with 10% off.

Thanks! What do you mean you get the same $821/mo based on my numbers?

And it sounds like you’ve heard of others getting 10% off before on a T8? I was looking on TrueCar, and it seems to indicate the average is $5k off MSRP, so I was thinking it was at least an ok deal :slight_smile:!

Please do not waste your time and money on a 65k XC60. This is an awful price and an awful deal. Check out the Lexus RX350 which can be had for half the payment …

Oh, this is a plug-in hybrid (and qualifies for an HOV sticker here in CA, which is a requirement for me), so if there was a comparable one that Lexus offered, I’d definitely consider it!

When you consider the math doesn’t work out ($800 lease on the XC60 hybrid vs. $400 lease on a XC60 gas), I’d be crazy to get this one, whether you compare it to the Lexus or the identical gas version of the XC60. There is no way anyone would save enough money on gas to offset the payment, but it’s the sticker I’m looking for…

unless you need the xc60 look at the s90 t8s, you’ll get the hov sticker and most likely a much better deal