Current 2018 Volvo XC60 deals?

Yes, need an SUV that can get me the sticker so it’s this, the Model X, and that new Jaguar I-pace right now. I test drove and looked at pricing on those and they appear to be closer to $1200/mo, so this one is perhaps the lesser of all evils.

You are letting the sticker tail wag the payment/vehicle dog. For the difference in payment between the XC60 gas and XC60 Hybrid, you could get both a decent SUV and an EV/PHEV and still have enough money to eat out a few times.

I don’t live in CA, so I don’t know how desperate people are for stickers but if you are willing to pay 400 a month just for a sticker, it is telling me I probably don’t want to move to CA soon. If you value the sticker for 400 or 500 a month, then it is a good deal …

1 Like

Also considered this scenario but I would be spending my days shifting around two cars between my driveway and garage (we don’t have street parking). But you are correct that it would be cheaper to buy one smaller EV (e.g., a Fiat) for my commute and another SUV for my family needs. Just wouldn’t work out practically for me. My question was just whether it was a good deal or not, but I appreciate all the creative alternatives.

I said “you can try” for the bigger discount, doesn’t mean you will get 10% off. Or you may as well get 12% off, for all I know.

What about the Countryman plugin?

Good thinking but it doesn’t qualify for the sticker (not all EV’s qualify). I think it has to meet certain emissions standards.

Odd. What about the Niro? Is there a published list somewhere?

I’m kind of in the same boat as you wanting a sticker. At that price difference though, I’d rather get the gas car and pay the monthly ticket for driving alone in the HOV lane lol. Might even come out ahead.

1 Like

Agree! I actually thought about the cost of a ticket being a lot less than the monthly price of the car, but after a few times, I’d prob get my license revoked…lol.

The list is here:
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Niro is on there. Maybe try one of those. Would be a far far cheaper lease than those other choices you mentioned.

Anyone leased a Volvo loaner? What are the terms there, like cannot lease after so many miles, incentives do not apply after so many miles etc? I asked about a loaner with 10k+ miles and the dealer said all incentives still apply and I can still lease it as new, but they would only give a 7% off MSRP for an XC60 T5 loaner, including the incentives.

Search, @KD6-3.7 posted about mileage limits on loaners, though I was told over 10K miles can be leased. I also posted an ad from a dealer listing 11k miles for lease. So confirm with your dealer.

1 Like

I was able to get 10% without incentives which is still bad considering the loaner had 5k miles on, factored in with incentives it was around 22% but this was a s90 T8, the 12% was 5k from the Government the other 4750 was from Volvo, it was a bad deal IMO. Ideally you should get Invoice + Depreciation + mileage before any incentives. The other issue is that people want XC60/90/40 so they may not be willing to negotiate that much.

1 Like

Honestly for the S90 I got, the most option I wish I had is Bowers-Wikins. Go drive one with that and you’ll know the difference. It’s amazing how crisp and clear that audio system is. Next Volvo I’ll definately need that BW audio.

When the Bowers & Wilkins stereo first came out in 2016, Volvo said if you were to buy all the components for retail, you’d spend $12,900. If you really like a good stereo, it’s $3K well spent. I’ve seen a couple of car magazines rate is as the 3rd-4th best stereo in the market. The funny thing is, the speakers need to break in for 20-40 hours before it sounds its best. It’s actually not showing its full self on a new car.