BMW M5 First Edition

I agree that we don’t want it to be a completely open marketplace in the sense that we would allow any and every advertisement to be posted. I think users of the forum do expect us to have some kind of standard of what constitutes a good deal, and take out the trash that doesn’t fit the bill. For example, if someone posts a used CPO Ford Fusion 48 month lease for $500/mo, it really wouldn’t belong on the forum.

But of course we don’t want to be totally discriminating as we do want to give hackrs an opportunity to evaluate the strength of a deal on their own. But I don’t think it’s wise to let the forum turn into a compilation of nationwide dealership ads. Gotta draw the line somewhere :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I have leased a lot of clients through Leashakr and I make sure to give the best deals Im allowed to. The Idea behind the M5 is to find the one person that is looking for the First Edition instead of just a regular Leashakr deal.

If anyone has questions about deals with any vehicle in inventory I would be more than happy to give them a great lease.

Then post it on bimmerfest or craigslist or ebay, why here?

3 Likes

Yeah and I’m not at all trying to fault you for it because there is definitely some subjectivity here. I think the point of leasehacking, and I’m sure others will agree, is acquiring bang-for-your-buck deals. That, as opposed to being the first person in the country to have a uniquely spec’d vehicle at 1.5-2% of MSRP. The issue with deals like this one is that any one of us could walk into any BMW across the nation and get this same exact price structure on an M5. But even if that wasn’t the case, a lease “hack” is more or less defined by the 1% rule, which this is so far from. Which wouldn’t be as big of an issue if it was a $20k car, but even a half percent on a 6 figure car immediately disqualifies it from that criteria.

4 Likes

I agree completely. What makes this forum unique is people might have brand loyalty, but the deal is the most important thing here. With dealers posting offers for sticker price cars that you could order off the street waters down the website and pulls attention from the purpose of this website, finding the best deal possible.

4 Likes

Hmmmm, m5 or Aston Martin db11…

I agree with the admins and frequent posters. This is leaserhackr and not “IamAsleazyDealerWhoThinksEveryoneIsStupid” website. Everyone hates dealing with typical dealers for a reason (my respect to good dealers here) and that is a VERY very typical dealer post - total sleaze. That’s why - either post a good deal or GTFO to yellow pages.

Such blatant posts waste people’s time and turn Leasehackr experience into “browsing internet and sifting through garbage” alike. There is Google for that. Here, you get advice and guidance from true hackers and community + good deals from dealers “who get it” + help from good brokers.

2 Likes

Does it come with a free tank of gas, rust prevention undercoating, and floor mats?

3 Likes

I doubt, you will find that one person here. Everyone visiting this site is looking for a hackr deal. They might not get the exact same deal, but with the guidance, they get whats close to a hackr deal.

1 Like

Its not terrible IMO, all of the centers in my region sell this car above the sticker price.

Possibly the situation is the same in his region.

Regardless of how one feels about what is entered into the marketplace, I would not call this post “sleazy” or a “very typical dealer post.” It’s simply a deal with no discount based on the rarity of the car.

@drosebmw has contributed to the forums, as well as posted good deals in the past. To allude to the fact that he thinks people are “stupid” by posting this, is stupid in and of itself.

9 Likes

If I had the spare change, I’d love to do this deal. I don’t- that is why I’m here. I don’t think anyone on this website would look at that deal and go “Heck Ya!”. And if they did, they don’t deserve to be on this site.

Sometimes its nice to see how the 1% lives. Motivation to get back to work and stop surfing the interwebz.

You forgot a decimal it’s how the .1% live.

Got quoted for a brand new M6 for same price with no negotiations. Very nice car but not 1700 nice.

Great and Im sure you are trying to get it for under $1000 ? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hell yea, this forum is called Leasehacker.

1 Like

In other words, you aren’t going to be leasing it anytime soon.

6 Likes

No one is joining leasehackr to pay 1700 for an M5, I don’t care what edition they call it. People who want these cars will reach out to dealers, period.

4 Likes

Take this crap down. You’re clogging our feed. I hope you get banned.

1 Like

Some posters in here need to find a hobby or better outlet to take their anger out in. Leasehackr isn’t a bad-lease victim support group where you are entitled to shit on dealers who post here. You also aren’t entitled to killer deals in the marketplace by virtue of browsing this forum. If anything, it’s a nice perk and for the number of dealers who contribute I think it makes the community that much better. Some deals will be bad, fair enough, and those should be modded if needs be, but there is no need to pitch fork people.

27 Likes