BMW 530i loaner - signed

FIRST TIME LEASING, and I spend a considerable amount of time reading these forums. I had never considered leasing before (in Texas, mostly because of the sales tax). I’m sure there was something left on the table, but overall I’m happy, and it was reasonably pain-free (valuable to me, I’m not a hackr by nature!).

2018 BMW 530i (demo/loaner); 4k miles at delivery

**MSRP: $57,795
**Selling Price: $47,500
**Monthly Payment: $540
**Cash Due at Signing: $3997 (first month, TX sales tax and fees paid)
**MSD: 0
**Incentives: 0

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:12k
**MF: .00166
**Residual: 58.4% (60% adj for 4k miles)

**Region:Texas
**Leasehackr Score: 8.6

1 Like

enjoy… I found a dealer who delivers my car and even picks up the car I need to return at end of lease. I sign the paperwork in my home and the whole process take 10 mins in my home. So, yeah convenience counts a lot!

Thanks! I was tracking similar cars on Swapalease and they were in the $700-$900 per month range. Of course I paid sales tax and wouldn’t on a lease transfer, but even adding that into the equation, I am well over $100-$200 per month less than those leases. It sort of makes me sad that people are paying that much!

can i ask, how does that 10,295 discount off MSRP breakdown? how much dealer discount, what incentives applied? thanks in advance.

I’m a little embarrassed to say that I don’t exactly know it all broke down. I know they gave the $1k for last weekend’s test drive event, but that’s all I know.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your effective payment $651 for a loaner BMW with an MSRP of 57K making it, not good? I see this being said everytime someone drops more than 2K in drive offs. Nonetheless, enjoy the car.

1 Like

Well, I had to pay the sales tax up front on the full price of the car (Texas). I don’t think I could have done anything about it, unless I rolled that $3k into the payment, but then I’m paying interest on it.

Not exactly true. There are things called tax credits. In TX they are the only way to get a hackr-worthy deal.

3 Likes

Well yes, I would be yelling from the rooftops had I gotten the tax credit, but I asked and they didn’t offer them up.

1 Like

Gotcha. You did all you could do then. Congrats on the new ride!

If you’re happy, that’s all that matters, but this doesn’t seem like a particularly good deal at all. A selling price of 82% of MSRP on a service loaner sedan seems high–70% would be good.

Again, if you’re happy, enjoy!

Has someone been able to get 30% ($17k) off a 4-month old 5-series with 4k miles? Or is that a unicorn deal?

Been looking at 5 series BMW loaners for a long time. The best I could get was 25% off. 30% would be nice but doubt it’s achievable. Right now, even 25% off I wouldn’t be able to replicate

Also probably because 2019 is not different than 2018. When they change it fundamentally, we have a better change for a fat discount

Back in July 2016 I got a 535i with 25 miles on it tax in $509 ($470 before tax) about $800 down first and tag transfer etc…7 MSD’s. The multiple MSD’s saved over $1500 in interest over the term, same money in the bank would have earned $300-$400 before taxes.
MSRP was $60,150.

I know model was having a face lift the next year, but for $60k car, I was happy. No other dealer was close.