2019 Audi Q7 2.0 Premium Plus $4k Down $550/mo - Thoughts?

, ,

Hi Team,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster was wondering if I could get some feedback on this Audi deal we’re looking at for a Q7. Been in the market for a while (and can wait longer if deals will get better) but wanted feedback on offer on the table right now-

39 month/ 10k lease
MSRP: 62,170
Discount: 7,939
Adj. Price: 54,231
Trade Equity: 4500
Taxable Fee: 350
Doc Fee: 899
Tax: 225
Non-Tax Fees: 895
Total Cap Cost: $52,100

Total: $4000 DAS (Down Payment), $550/month

We’re eligible for USAA/TrueCar, Military, Audi Owner, and Conquest- but not sure if any of those apply. Would love to get feedback or perspective. Especially with regard to the idea of a 4k Down Payment and 39-month lease term.

Thanks!

I think the consensus is to sell the trade in private or at least shop it to Vroom, Carvana, etc.

So your monthly is $550 with $4500 trade equity AND an additional $4k DAS?

1 Like

Yes, but I would hedge that the dealer is (in my eyes) being very generous with trade- giving us essentially the private party value for the trade-in which makes it a bit more palatable

Get another value check for your vehicle before you assume that the dealership is being generous. On the surface if you take the down + trade equity and spread it across the 39 months you’re looking at $767 a month before taxes, which feels kinda meh to me. Are you able to get the MF / Residual Value from the dealership?

Seems terrible… even if they are giving you above trade-in value, they are just charging you a higher amount for the Q7. You are better off negotiating the lease out right to limit the variables and give them the option to buy your car after you are in agreement with numbers, otherwise go with Carvana.

You need to understand what incentives you are eligible for and being applied as they would be separate from the dealer discount. I would guess conquest and Audi loyalty is close to $5k based on other recent posts so the dealer discount is 5% or less. Go to Q7 forum on Edmunds and get residual, MF, and incentives for your area by trim. Audi residual can vary significantly by trim so sometimes it’s worth going with whatever is the highest, even if it’s more expensive trim.

You also need to know the MF they are using and ensure they aren’t marking it up.

Money down is a big no-no here so even if you traded in your car, just have them cut you a check or cover fees and first month.

1 Like

You need to nail down your numbers. What of those incentives are being applied? What’s the MF? I’d bet they’re giving you a better trade in price but marking up the MF, that’s a classic dealer tactic to trick you into thinking they’re giving you something for free.

What state are you in? Check out https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/offers-programs with your zip and see what other incentives apply, compare the 2.0l and 3.0l.

In Florida here, dealer did not give MF or RV used here. Asked for an incentive breakdown but all Audi US is showing on their site is $3k conquest and $750 loyalty.

Talking with them again tomorrow, outside of those things any suggestions on what else to ask or how I should ask to restructure the deal without the trade-in lumped in?

Also posted on Edmunds to get base MF and RV details.

Thanks team, really appreciate all the help!

Get them to specify what’s in that discount amount, I’m guessing it’s ~$5k in incentives and only $3k in dealer discount. Should try and aim for 10% dealer discount plus max incentives.

Just got a new offer would love to hear some input on:

36 months / 12k miles
MF: 0.00155
MSRP: $62,170
Discount: $3,700 (6% off MSRP)
Adj. Price: $58,470
Lease Cash/Incentives: $5,500
Trade Equity: $4,500
(+Fees above)
Total Cap Cost: $48,158

DAS: $1,830 + First Month’s Payment, $600.00/Month
Thay also offered $3500 down at 517.00/month for 10k miles.

Thoughts?

What state are you in? 6% off is a low discount. I’ve helped a number of ppl get 9% minimum

In Florida, dealer says that they can’t go greater than 6% because they aren’t a volume dealer. Was considering making a final offer at 8% off MSRP and seeing if they go with it

Take the trade equity out as a check

It is just clouding judgement and making the monthly payment look artificially better than it actually is.

Even if they’re giving you “private party value”, they’re making it back with a joke of a discount. What’s the doc fee?

Doc fee is $899, but thats pretty standard around here

Ya so I’ve heard, but it still eats away the discount even further. Obviously if you’re happy with the deal then take it. I’m just providing some input

I got this deal in NJ with similar numbers but no money down. 9 MSD’s though, no conquest, audi loyalty.

If I wanted to make a counter the dealer’s offer what would you guys recommend coming to them with-

Would saying $600/month, only trade value, and no money down be fair?

You can’t just make up numbers, and you ignored the advice about taking the trade equity out as a check.

Run the calculator with 10% off, no trade, the rebates you qualify for, and shop that around to at least 8 dealers and see who gets closest.

Got the dealer to run without the trade, below are the stats:

36 month/ 12k lease
MSRP: 62,170
Discount: 3,700 (6% off MSRP)
Incentives: 5,500
Adj. Price: 52,970
AudiCare: 999 (+1% to the residual)
Total: 53,969
Taxable Fee: 350
Doc Fee: 899
Tax: 698
Non-Tax Fees: 895
Total Cap Cost: $56,811

$802/month with nothing at all down. Then a $4,500 check for the trade.

Good point @max_g doesn’t look so great without trade rolled in, anyone have ideas on how to improve it?