2018 S90 T5 Momentum AWD

@Ursus @mani_is_kool @ralphsaphony @KD6-3.7
Thank you for your comments and feedback!!

You could try contacting aronchi, as I think this might be one of his cars. But it looks like he can only sell into the tri-state area?

This dealer seems to have a few black S90 T5 AWD Momentums:

https://www.bayridgevolvo.com/new-inventory/index.htm?year=2018&model=S90&sortBy=exteriorColor+asc&

Everybody who shows a new black S90 T5 AWD Momentum is about as far from IL as possible, except this one in Normal, IL. They show $6,000 lease cash.

https://www.volvocarsofnormal.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=LVY102MK4JP056164&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=

1 Like

Bay Ridge is not his dealer - he offers MSDs, so must be NJ. Nice sleuthing :sunglasses:
BTW: disclosing broker’s dealer contact is a shitty move.

2 Likes

I though aronchi was the Volvo dealer.

How is listing a dealer with a car sm1177 wants a shitty move? I removed the link for now.

I thought I made it clear, no?

But you did not need to remove that link because it is not his dealer, in this case.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

The problem is, you said “I think this might be one of his cars” in reference to Aronchi. You then posted the link to the car, which would’ve circumvented Aronchi. I tend to agree with the bear on this one. That was kind of a dick move.

Turns out it’s not his car, so no harm, no foul.

1 Like

I had thought that aronchi was that dealer, and was trying to steer sm1177 to him. I doubt sm1177 has contacted the dealer or aronchi, so thank god this has all been cleared up! A “dick move” implies intent, would you not agree? Do you think I was trying to circumvent aronchi? I do appreciate you making the point.

@vhooloo - lol! If Ursus wants to make this into his private circus, I’m game. At least until I’m banned.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Bud, not want u to think im taking sides here but you might cause unintended harm to people here who are working hard to get these deals down here. You might have just joined and aren’t aware but 80%of the folks only come back to this place when they are ready for their next car, then theres the 10% who are helping everyone and the other 10% who are brokers/dealers but still go beyond and over to help anyone, anywhere in the country with great advice.
If Im not wrong, you have been in volvo sales for a decade or two? You probably understand what these guys mean then. Lets just move on

1 Like

Decided to give it another shot with the help of @KD6-3.7 …I was able to get a lease offer on a new 2018 S90 T6 Momentum 36/12K:

**MSRP - $57610
**A-Plan Price - $54053.40
**Buy Rate MF -.00074
**Residual - 53%
Acquisition Fee - $695.00
Taxes - $1789.01 (IL)
Plates - $221.00
Doc Fee - $175.94

REBATES

**A-PLAN VIP- $3000.00
**LOYALTY-$500.00
**LEASE BONUS- $2500.00
**VOLVO ALLOWANCE- $5250.00

**TOTAL-$11250.00

MONTHLY PAYMENT -$477.26

In case I do MSDs:
**MSDs: $5000
**MF: 0.00024
**Monthly payment: $446

Let me know what you guys think about it

They should be taking the $10,750 from the base A-Plan price for a net of $43,303. Shouldn’t be a rebate, unless IL requires that. If treated as a rebate, you pay tax on it. The $500 loyalty should be a rebate. If the payment is $446 with MSDs, the deposit should be $4,500.

1 Like

I feel so torn reading and responding to these S90 threads now that 6% is the new reality and the prices are at least $100 more than they were in 1H 2018. The pricing looks good for what is available now. But because it is a fixed price deal, you should be able to obtain it without much hassle anytime you want. If I didn’t need a vehicle right away, I would wait and see if Volvo relaxes their 6% A-plan policy as we get toward the end of the year. I will also add that it looks like you have found the unicorn of S90s - a $57.6k T6 - would have been a $300/mth lease 3-6 months ago.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll see A-Plan allow deeper discounting, probably ever. When there’s $3,000 involved, you should resign yourself to accepting that instead of $1,500-2,000 of blood from the dealer. Think of the glass as half full…

@sm1177 - what does IL do? Charge tax on the capitalized cost and add it to the total capitalized? What rate do you pay?

Charge tax on the depreciation and add it to the Capitalized Cost. The rate is 7 percent for me but I don’t know how the dealer is calculating it to be $1789?

Assuming that, I believe they’re using the selling price of $54,053 + $695 acq fee = $54,748. $54,748 - $30,533 (residual) = $24,215 depreciation. Times 7% = $1,695 tax, so there’s a small error there.

You need the selling price to be $10,750 lower and the rebate to be only $500. The dealer is supposed to print out a work sheet showing how the selling price is attained, and the incentives (except loyalty) should reduce the selling price.

Not all states tax rebates. Do you know that IL does? If not, then it doesn’t matter how it is applied.

Read sm1177’s post about the tax being charged.

Tax on rebates, that you mentioned earlier. Need me to quote you?

If the incentives are taken as rebates, the capitalized cost is higher, no? Higher cap cost = more depreciation = more tax, no?

Look at the tax in the deal and what he’s paying tax on and the amount.