2018 MDX Tech, Deal or no deal

To clarify, I will be putting $0 down, with my last post I was just trying to show the advantage of me going with the dealer that is giving me the extra $$ on the trade in

Also the reason I am putting $0 for the aquisition fee is simply because I cannot figure out another way for the payouts on the calculator to match what the dealer quoted

Lastly unfortunately I don’t need the running boards, but I want them right now as they make it so my young kids don’t need to struggle everytime they get into the car.

IDK how “young” your kids are, but how long will those running boards realistically be used? If they are little enough that they would use them the entire 3 years, maybe it’s worth it to you. If they’re going to not need them in a year, is it worth paying for them vs you helping them get into the car for the next 12 or so months?

I did this deal this week, seemed like a good deal so I took it. Only lease payments are taxed in my state.

MDX SH AWD with Tech Package
MSRP ~51,595
Monthly Payment all in $529
Tax was 7.25%
Due at signing: first month ($529) plus title and doc ($390) minus a payout on old my lease (-$600)which came out to ~$300 due at signing
36/12k

@Dadoftwo, that looks like a great deal. How many miles per year and what was your selling price and RV? Assume your MF is 0.0005.

1 Like

@wrxdev
12,000 a year
Selling price 44,080
RV: 28,380
MF 0.0005 (supposedly but not on the final contract)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I know this might be a little late but the tax on your deal was wrong. In NJ you only pay tax on lease amount and since you were trading in a car for 13500 the tax should’ve been negated for the first 13500 of the lease price.

1 Like

Thats a killer deal you got!
But I got $44200 selling price yet my monthly payment is $506(zero down). How come you got $529?
I literally told my dealer do 1% rule .

I am getting parking sensors $999 can you comment on that? I really need parking help!
Horrible driver and parallel parker.

How many miles was that for?

Solid point, 10k miles
$23 diff is $828 for 36m.

Acura charges .20 cents a mile so if you use that as a basis, it’s $1200 over the 36 months or $33/month. However I think the mileage impacts the MF rather than using .20 cents per mile.

Is that a factory option or dealer installed?

Its charging 0.10c for me !

Dealer installed , tech pkg dont include parking sensors.

I’ve never heard of dealer installed parking sensors before. Does the dealer drill holes into the bumper to install them? Does it perform like OEM and have visual+audio warnings?

My Dad had dealer-installed parking sensors installed on the front bumper of his 2007 Audi Q7 - they had the audio, but no visual warning. They looked wonky and performed similarly. I wouldn’t recommend getting non-OEM.

Its my first ever leasing. With a mind set of buying after lease, casually enquired lease quote. Joined this forum and my mindset is changing to leasing from buying. Thanks to you all.

What are your comments on the following leasingquote?

MDX FWD Tech
MSRP: 49,575.00
Selling Price: $41,980
Residual Value: 27,773
Drive Off: $0
Monthly Payment: $530
Money Factor: .00050
10000 miles / 36 months
Tax: 9.25

Is there any good leasing thats going on now? Luxury SUV, with driver assistant features, good cargo space. And, I realized leasing opens the gate to plethora of opportunities. But, I am looking to lease by this weekend.

Thank you.

Why not get a car with manufacturer made parking sensors? Getting dealer added seems fishy.

1 Like

Infiniti qx60 with premium, premium plus and driver assistance packages. MSRP in the 53-54k range, will lease under 400/mth before taxes. Check out all the qx60 threads for pricing.