2018 MDX Tech, Deal or no deal

Yeah, there is no way that the car would have been considered a clean trade in. A few dings and plenty of scratches.

Nice to see confirmation that the trade in value is good.

The problem is Acura doesn’t lease well (same as Honda) so it’s very hard to get a great deal on them. The TLX has run some great programs and usually leases fairly well, but it’s an exception to the remainder of the brand lineup.

Are you looking for another MDX specifically, or are you considering other options in the category?

I’m pretty partial to the MDX, though the only other SUV in the category I’ve driven was the Lexus, and I did not like how that drove at all.

I would say no deal too. Maybe MDX doesn’t lease well, but $650 payment is $60K Volvo XC90 price range, much nicer car. No reason to drive MDX for that payment

2 Likes

And getting close to 2 qx60s :slight_smile:

And there were also 2 qx80 deals posted for less than that amount in the last couple of days.

Have you driven the new MDX ? Your old one is much better. New ones are junk dumped ours after 12 months.Hated it.

Oh My payment for 3/36 with just drive offf’s down was $530 a month which included tax
tech awd

You bring up good point. QX60 is the direct competitor to MDX. With current lease deal, there is no brainer.

when I enter my deal into the leasehackr calculator, my tax comes to less than half of what I was quoted ($1360 vs $3339.21)

I rolled the tire and mvp fee into the doc fee where because I did not know where else to put it.

Anyone know what I am missing?

Do you live in a state where they tax the entire vehicle for the lease?

Plus, they might be taxing you on the 2950 in incentives as well. I’m not sure, but a lot of times, the incentives are taxed.

No, I am in NJ, so according to the calculator tax is levied on the total lease amount.

Why is the MSRP different from your first post? Did you add the options to the original MSRP? Those options aren’t residualized. Can you just post a copy of the dealer’s worksheet?

1 Like

This is really high and much more than I was able to get after one round of negotiation.

Look here:

These days we are seeing dealers use variations of the same software which spits out purchase (OTD) and lease payments on the same quote sheet…

Man, that’s an awesome deal. Did you negotiate that over email, or did you go into the dealership to negotiate? How long did it take you to negotiate that deal? How many times going back and forth?

Yes, I bundled the options into the retail price. See attached for the dealer worksheet.

I’m still curious how to get the tax on the leashackr calculator to match up but with the 2K - 3K premium I am getting on my trade in I don’t see why this is such a bad deal.

One time, 10 minutes via email. Ended up going with QX60. 4K cheaper over the term of the lease and the infiniti had a 6k higher msrp

1 Like

Surely aftermarket accessories would be cheaper than the $2,500+ the dealer is charging?

As I guessed, the $3,329.xx in tax is for a Purchase

So does that mean the tax on the worksheet is incorrect?

The worksheet is correct. You are reading it wrong.