2018 MDX Tech, Deal or no deal

I am getting parking sensors $999 can you comment on that? I really need parking help!
Horrible driver and parallel parker.

How many miles was that for?

Solid point, 10k miles
$23 diff is $828 for 36m.

Acura charges .20 cents a mile so if you use that as a basis, it’s $1200 over the 36 months or $33/month. However I think the mileage impacts the MF rather than using .20 cents per mile.

Is that a factory option or dealer installed?

Its charging 0.10c for me !

Dealer installed , tech pkg dont include parking sensors.

I’ve never heard of dealer installed parking sensors before. Does the dealer drill holes into the bumper to install them? Does it perform like OEM and have visual+audio warnings?

My Dad had dealer-installed parking sensors installed on the front bumper of his 2007 Audi Q7 - they had the audio, but no visual warning. They looked wonky and performed similarly. I wouldn’t recommend getting non-OEM.

Its my first ever leasing. With a mind set of buying after lease, casually enquired lease quote. Joined this forum and my mindset is changing to leasing from buying. Thanks to you all.

What are your comments on the following leasingquote?

MDX FWD Tech
MSRP: 49,575.00
Selling Price: $41,980
Residual Value: 27,773
Drive Off: $0
Monthly Payment: $530
Money Factor: .00050
10000 miles / 36 months
Tax: 9.25

Is there any good leasing thats going on now? Luxury SUV, with driver assistant features, good cargo space. And, I realized leasing opens the gate to plethora of opportunities. But, I am looking to lease by this weekend.

Thank you.

Why not get a car with manufacturer made parking sensors? Getting dealer added seems fishy.

1 Like

Infiniti qx60 with premium, premium plus and driver assistance packages. MSRP in the 53-54k range, will lease under 400/mth before taxes. Check out all the qx60 threads for pricing.

Agree, might as well order them from ebay/amazon and install yourself.

Thanks for QX60 and its packages suggestion. Though, Lane Keeping assist and lane departure warning are missing, I am little skeptical of their functioning in bad weather any way.

I requested QX60 leasing quotes in NorCal.

Whats your opinion my above MDX FWD Tech quote? Thank you.

Little high, i think it may be possible to go under 500 for a FWD and 10k miles. For comparison, I’m at 529 for 12k miles in a AWD. But my tax is 7.25, on the lease payment, not full msrp.

1 Like

My tax rate is 9.25%, a diff of $10 monthly payment. And $30 considering your down payment (approx. $900)

Looks like, only one negotiating factor is sales price. And not sure of any hidden fees. But, I have to goto dealer to know those fine details.

Personally I would never get dealer installed electronics

yes they punch holes with a special punch tool!
do a very clean job, seen 1 suv with dealer installed sensors.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-discussion-2014-414/possible-install-parking-sensor-costs-949544/

check the link it shows both visual and audio warning !

sorry but its not a great deal !
alot of room left for FWD , for your target price take 10% MSRP
then remove $2250 incentives on top of it!
monthly payment should be 1% of MSRP and zero down!
your target monthly payment should be roughly $490-$495

Well, the quoted sales price is $41,980 is less than (10% of MSRP - 2200) = $42,417.50.
I have to demystify why monthly price is higher than it should, given that low sales price. That calls for a dealer visit. I am assuming its because of $0 drive off, the dealer would have raised the sales price to include title and other fees. I don’t know how that would have played out with RV.