2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T Signed

@joeblogs that’s correct but both Ross and I are looking at the 6MT !! if you aint rowing your own gears are you really driving ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

nonetheless, its a bad lease right now. Im also waiting for the 2019 Camaro 1LE Turbo with 6MT (20" wheel, RS package, LED lights) :sunglasses:

Hopefully GM will have some nice residuals on it come this fall

Oh I love manual but it’s an issue with the wife, makes it hard to spread the miles out between cars. My mom has a 2017 Camaro convertible RS with the V6, that thing is fun, even in the auto.

Well explained ! 2020202

I think you’re probably used to the previous gen accords. This is at least two steps ahead of those. To me it’s the best midsize sedan period until you get up into the cars costing 15k+ more, like maybe a high spec A4. I would’ve never even considered an accord in previous years, but this time around I was debating between this and a BMW 4 series (which would’ve been $100 more/mo). Granted it’s not an amazing lease right now, but overall a fantastic value for the money, and I preferred it night and day to cars in the same price range that lease better like say the VW Passat GT.

Even the Infiniti Q50?

Funny, I completely disagree. I just test drove the 1.5T and 2.0T back to back a few hours ago and came away preferring the 1.5T. The 2.0T in sport is endless torque steer and way too much for FWD. I couldn’t keep the front tires down on pulling out of any parking lot. Granted, a lot comes down to the tires, but for a $300-350 lease is anyone really replacing the tires with significantly better ones?

The weird meat grinder knife type wheels actually make the car. None of the other wheels match the lines IMO. What I really loved from the EX-L are the leather seats. The front leather seats were excellent, both in terms of comfort and leather quality. Aaaaaalmost as good as multi-contour (no, not really, but I was truly impressed for a 25-30k car).

Doesn’t seem I can get the EX-L seats (sales guy told me they were not the same as the leather seats in other models) AND the sport wheels, and I prefer the 1.5T over the 2.0T, so I’ve settled on the 1.5T Sport. Now if tomorrow’s programs can actually produce a good lease I’m in. I really don’t want to finance.

I hear ya…I was really impressed when I sat in it. Felt very upscale. Im still undecided on the rear boomerang taillights.

How’s the road noise? I know Accords (and all Honda’s) are notorious for obnoxious wind/road noise. Almost feels like the engine wants to jump thru the dash into the cabin.

I currently have a 2016 VW Passat R-Line. Cant compare it to the new Accord, but my VW blows away previous generation Accords in trim, paint quality and road noise. Tracks better, as well. Don’t forget, my “tuned” 1.8T engine puts out nearly 300lbs of torque, as well.

I really like the 2.0T Sport 6MT. Im hoping the prices will come down this fall. It’s still on my list for my next car.

Been looking for Accord deals past few months and been waiting for better incentives to come around but it seems (guessing) it’ll be around fall time when it’ll start leasing better??

Accord sales are down compared to what it does when a new Accord model comes out (although this new redesign is one of the best), but still plenty of people are still buying this car at boat loads that Honda probably doesn’t feel it’s losing out much on (relatively speaking). And also to help keep the RV reasonable, they’re keeping the incentives low (none) too… which means it won’t lease well for us for a while.

Anywho, I went and negotiated on Accord 1.5T Touring and 2.0T Sport… probably the worst cars to lease lol, but the best I could get was about 14-12% off MSRP. The problem is that, sales on the Accord is still relatively good (enough) that they don’t need to discount much to sell. I priced out three potential Accords and I walked away from all of them since I wasn’t happy with the final numbers, I called back two days later to come and test drive them again with my fiancé this time… the models I used to price out were all sold. They are in no rush to give fat discounts when they can sell them to someone else in few days. :slightly_frowning_face:

there is 1000 lease cash on select models; check edmunds for details

$1000 incentive:
1.5T EXL with NAV
1.5 Touring
2.0 EXL
2.0 EXL w/NAV

I got a few ‘interesting’ responses from some SoCal dealers regarding lack of inventory and shifting stock that’s been sitting for a while. Most were pretty unaplogetic, ‘look, you either want to pay MSRP or you don’t get a car’… One response from a dealer regarding an Accord hybrid that had been sitting on the lot for 72 days…

As long as the dealer doesn’t have any others or possibly 1 other in stock(which is the case 99% of the time), the dealer has no incentive to drop the price, because there is someone that will buy it either at sticker or above, or pay for those useless accessories from these other dealers.

Accord sales are down almost 20% on last year - the OLD model year. As we know they’re stopping production for 11 days to try and clear inventory. I love the new Accord but not enough to pay MSRP.

I agree, dealers in my area will not budge. I’ve gotten several responses for the EX-L 2.0T trim and they are unwilling to negotiate the selling price. Most dealers are asking for $390/month, zero down. No real incentives this month as well (except dealer incentive for $1000.00 on this trim).

It’s a stupid strategy. I can see the sedan going the same way as the wagon - hollowing out the middle of the market so it’s just the cheap and very expensive luxury left.

Funny thing is now we’re starting to see, slowly, that the sedan is dying because consumers are starting to prefer hatchbacks/wagons in the car segment. Very slowly, but surely. Look at the Regal, which now comes in wagon or hatchback, or the Fusion and Focus, which will only come in wagon and hatchback, respectfully, when they are redesigned.

I honestly will not be surprised if, a decade from now, the Accord is a liftback. It already looks like one!

Isn’t the Fusion dead?

And of course the Focus (and Fiesta) should come as a hatch, that’s how it was designed (for the ROW). And the quickly grafted trunk for the USDM was so ugly no wonder nobody liked it.

The Regal isn’t even a rounding error in US car sales.

1 Like

They tried that with the Crosstour…it failed miserably.

the problem with the crosstour is its attempt to be too much of an SUV, if they Accord follows the A5 sportback it will do great

I remember the days when the Accord had a hatchback option…My dad had one for a minute back then too…

But the Crosstour was ugly and and tried to hard to be an SUV and was eight years ahead of it’s time, and nothing like a regular liftback ala Audi A5 or BMW 4 Gran Coupe. Also, Americans didn’t love hatchbacks back then, like they do today.

Re: Focus - yes, it should be a hatch. But the reason for the sedan is really China and devloping markets like Turkey, where hatchbacks really don’t sell at all. The Focus sedan is continuing, just not being imported to the States. Focus sales mix in the states is 60/40 in favor of sedan but that includes fleet sales. I bet retail sales are something like 70/30 in favor of the hatch.

Re: Fusion - Ford reversed course and has now said the nameplate will continue. It appears that it will continue with a wagon. The Fusion/Mondeo sedan isn’t going anywhere, the Chinese love sedans, so there will be one for China, and I imagine that the wagon version will be for the U.S. and Europe markets. And naturally the U.S. market will get a lifted one I’m sure.

Re: Regal, barely a blip, but since it became a hatchback/wagon, sales are up 100%+ this year, with 70/30 mix between hatch and wagon.

That’s not saying much. Regal sales were pretty lousy at the end of the run of the previous gen.

Yep, liked it better than the Q50