2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T Signed

I dont know how to argue with someone with that mindset but I’l try . Its NOT about the money. Its about preferences. I absolutely love Giulia, but man I miss having more space in my car. The trunk is useless. I have to keep a back-up car for long-trips cuz it just not practical for that need. What good a 400 dollar car that can do 3 things very nicely and 5 things not as nicely as a $300 car?

More money doesn’t always mean better.

I was mostly joking and making fun of the 1% “rule”. I’m with you on the importance of your own needs.

2 Likes

Nice discount! I have a family member interested in buying (not leasing- can’t talk him into it) essentially the exact same trim next month, and hopefully we can get close to your number.

HK

I can’t make my own posts yet so I thought I’d piggy back here. I called all around my area for an Accord Sport 2.0t in automatic.

So getting numbers like RV, and MF from the dealer has been a hassle but here’s how the lease breaks down.

MSRP $31,200
Sale price $28,611(I guessed on this)
Mileage: 12k
Term:36 months
DAS $1500 (taxes, fees, reg)
Monthly: 290 + RI sales tax = 310

I called all over the state and other states and this is the best I could find after getting the dealer to beat competing prices.

What do you guys think? I’m having trouble getting good deals on C300 and 330i loaners and this is exactly where I’d want my payment to be. I’m very happy with the car after taking it out for 3 test drives, just want to make sure it’s actually a fair deal.

You should aim for all rolled in for ~$300. Also the EX-L 2.0T has better residual.

Also to make an informed decision you should have rv and mf on hand for different trims.

FYI – Ally bank has better residuals – their RV guide is available online

I can try but it seems like this is the best they will do. Also I’m a bigger fan of the styling on the Sport.

there is 1000 lease cash on the ex-l 2.0t that isn’t available on the sport 2.0t
makes the diff only $5 more per month for the ex-l 2.0T
styling is very similar unless you like big heavy wheels (19s vs 17s)

Also you don’t get full leather and can only get black interior on the sport. I wanted a light interior and full leather. There’s a few other things you don’t get that I can’t remember offhand. I like the styling too, I’ll probably put the 19" sport or touring wheels on eventually, and I’ve already ordered the parts to change the grille to all black.

I’ve lease several previous generation Accords and am also looking at getting a new Accord Sport 2.0T with manual trans.

My opinion is to wait if you can. Honda’s are just leasing like crap right now which is why they’re reporting terrible sales this year. Whats killing the lease deals right now (atleast on the Accord) is the .00092 MF (2.208% interest rate). With the 2019’s right around corner, deals will only get better.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people complaining about issues on the Accord, such as hood fluttering, rattles/creaks from the HUD. Its the first model year of a new gen. These are all known issues and have TSB’s written up on them. Go on DriveAccord forum and see for yourself. These should be gone with next years model.

Like others have said, look at the EXL. Although the residual drops, theres additional $1000 cash. It’ll turn out to be a few bucks a month in payment to jump to the better optioned trim. This is exactly what happened to me back in 2014 when I leased an Accord. Initially wanted a 2014 Sport Manual and the EX had a better residual. The EX had a moonroof, pushbutton start, kessy, rearvents and it only cost my $6 more a month in payment over the Sport. It was a no brainer.

Do your research !

1 Like

about 15 per month 202020

First post, here goes…

What kills me on the non-sport trims is the horrid wheel “leather”. The wheel on the Sport is spectacular. I’m coming from the 540 M Sport and am comfortable saying that the accord wheel is almost as good.

By the way, I’m impressed by the Accord deals on this forum. The best my broker can do is-

1.5T Sport- $329 36mo/12k $329 total due with honda bank

2.0T Sport- $376 36mo/12k $376 total due with honda bank

I’m in NJ. Tax and all included in those figures. I feel like I’m still about $40 high for this forum.

Then again new programs come out end of week… let’s see what those bring.

Any advice/leads appreciated.

Yeah, I actually prefer the layout, feel, and look of the accord steering wheel to the standard BMW steering wheel, but I like the BMW M Sport steering wheel a bit better, and the seats feel just as quality and comfortable as the 4 series seats, but I do wish they had just a little more bolstering.

I’ve seen one 2.0 sport deal that was about the same as mine, maybe a little better because he put so much effort into getting the best possible price. If I remember it was something like 10 or 11% off MSRP due to no incentives. I feel like I got lucky and found the right dealer at the right time of the month and had to do basically zero negotiation. Overall it seems like there’s not too many great deals to be had during the summer.

The base BMW wheel is atrocious. As are the base (“sport”) seats. You can’t get a 5 series without M Sport and multi-contour seats- both are absolute musts, for the seats and wheel alone, but also for the lowered 704 suspension and visual effects.

Not atrocious, but about 15-20 off.

2.0t, $358 same upfront/same mileage/term

1.5t, $305 same upfront/same mileage/term

Is this based on new (August) numbers?

do those also incl. tax?

Big Tuna, This is great info. I’m interested in the 2.0T Manual as well. I drove the 1.5 with the CVT and was very surprised at how good it was. I’ve commented here before that going from the 1.5T to a loaner BMW 320i is a step down. The CVT they use is the best I’ve driven. Granted, that’s like being the tallest building in Des Moines, but still.

It’s almost shocking how good Honda has made the Accord.

Have you driven the 1.5 and 2.0 with the stick back to back? Would be interested in hearing that experience.

1 Like

Have you driven the 2.0T – great reviews on it – plus all safety systems are standard

Hey Ross, I have yet to drive either one of the new generation Accord. I was, however, able to stop by a local dealership and sit in one. The one I sat in was a 1.5T Sport. It really is a nice car.

I’ve already asked fellow owners and they all said def worth getting the 2.0T. The transmission is also gear differently from the 1.5T. The 2.0T is based off the EX (moonroof, keyless, sat radio, etc) and the 1.5T is based off the stock LX.

All of the Sport owners on DriveAccord have said to def get the 2.0T. Its just so much nicer and pulls harder.

Like I said, now is definitely not the time to lease one. You can see its leasing for $358 a month. I mean, its nice but I aint paying $358 for a Sport Accord. :laughing:

The 2.0 has a real transmission, the 1.5 has the cheesy CVT rubber band deal.

1 Like