2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T Signed

I had to finally figure something out quickly this week, and it was between a BMW X1/X2 and this. I couldn’t quite make the budget stretch as much as I was comfortable with for a deal on the 430i, and didn’t like the 3 series at all. Not quite a 1% deal, but much better than when I was looking at them a few months ago, and at least $80 - $100/mo less than anything else I’d consider a step up.

I liked the Sport trim style better, but I wanted leather seats and a few other goodies so the EX-L was the sweet spot. Not sure how much more then Touring would have been, but I’m guessing over $400/mo, and the only things I’ll miss will be the 19" wheels and the ventilated seats. They did give me a nice big discount on the Honda accessories to replace the gigantic piece of chrome on the front that the EX-L has.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Honda&msrp=32860&sales_price=28082&months=36&mf=.00092&dp=0&doc_fee=80&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=398&sales_tax=9.5&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

MSRP: $32,860
Selling Price: 28,082 (15% Off)
Monthly Payment: $359
Cash Due at Signing: $887
MSD: NA
Incentives: None ($1000 dealer cash I believe)

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00092
Residual: 56%

Region: Los Angeles
Leasehackr Score: 8.3 Years

2 Likes

Why does it always end with Accord 2.0T after flirting with the higher end cars? :grin:

2 Likes

Okey so I had to read the review on it, Car and Driver had good things to say and it is quick. Also has a 10 speed and not some rubber band CVT. I just don’t know if I can lease a Honda for that much, I’d rather hack a loaner BMW. But the OP likes it and scored a good deal, so that’s all that matters. Plus it has real knobs for the HVAC, something I appreciate.

3 Likes

It’s pretty damn nice man

1 Like

Congrats bud !!! Thats not a bad deal at all.

2 Likes

The new accord is a steal for the money. I chose it for about the same price over the Infinit Q50, Lexus ES, etc., and it beats the pants off anything Acura has. For me it was the right balance of price, comfort, performance, and fit and finish. I just don’t like the infotainment in any of the luxury brand cars (except BMW, and Audi) and they all cost way more once you start adding options that every accord comes standard with. Hell the 4 series Gran Coupe I was comparing it against were around ~$15k higer MSRP.

Would I pay over $400/month for the same car? Hmmm probably then I’d be looking at a Giulia or 430i Gran Coupe. I really liked the 430i GC, but there’s no incentives on the '19s and the '18s are almost all gone except for at places like Autonation that don’t do competitive deals. Best I could do on one was about 10% off and even with $5500 in incentives that’s still about $450/mo and $1500 in drive offs.

There were a couple of REALLY nice '18 440i GC loaners still floating around at Pacific and a couple other places, but that would’ve been well over $500/mo.

Yeah infotainment on the high end brands is lagging big time, BMW doesn’t even offer Android Auto, what’s up with that? Audi has it straight but don’t lease well. Things that are standard on a Chevy and Hyundai, shouldn’t be an option on a $40k plus vehicle.

And you have to get Nav in the BMW in order to get Carplay. Talk about silly, the whole point of carplay is not to need factory Nav.

3 Likes

I think it comes down to value for money for a lot of people. I love my Giulia but compared to my 6-year old Sonata, here are the things I miss:

• Interior room
  • 2 12V sockets
  • More storage space in car + cupholders
  • Trunk space in Giulia is TINY

In essence, in future, I may consider a mid-sized sedan over a small one just cuz it is slightly more practical.

Sure. Let’s see: $359/mo on 32k MSRP. If someone leased a 52k S90 T5 for $559/mo he would’ve been slauthered. Why? Because of the 1% “rule”, which doesn’t exist :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Which bank was this through, payment wise, I’m seeing quite a bit better in NY.

Honda Financial Tier 1. My score was actually much lower than I expected, but they were able to bump me up from Tier 2. BMW would’ve been marked up to tier 2 for sure.

You sure those deals aren’t EX-L 1.5s? Don’t know what more you could do to get much better, unless there’s regional incentives or you qualify for military of graduate incentives. The only reason this deal was ok was because on the EX-L they get $1000 dealer cash. You might be able to do maybe $300 - $500 more off the MSRP if they were really hurting for a sale, but I was in a hurry and just wanted to be done (it was costing me $30 to $40 a day to be in a rental, not to mention all the non billable time spent car shopping). Also they’re going to install all my accessories for free with a healthy discount on parts, and gave me almost exactly the price I was looking for right off the bat with no negotiation or bs addons.

1 Like

Audi A4s are leasing pretty well lately actually, and remember Audi includes a bunch of stuff standard that everybody else charges for. And in 2019, even Navi will be standard on the volume Premium Plus model.

Yeah they were all 2.0s. 32,860 msrp, no nav but the 2.0

I dont think nav is necessary if you have apple carplay. Does the accord ride better than the TLX – meaning how does it handle bumps.

Come on - an s90 for 559 a month? Don’t be ridiculous **** 399 or lower

2 Likes

Maybe not everyone likes esoteric cars like Volvo S60/S90, Subaru and Giulias lol

Since when Subaru is a high end? But I know why you included it there :smirk:

Yep, my point exactly. We are spoiled and lose perspective.

1 Like

ooh would you mind sharing which dealer? I’m trying to find a relative Unicorn of the Honda line up - an Accord Hybrid EX-L. Each dealer only has 1 or 2 and naturally incentives or limited to none. Best i’ve got so far is $29,300 based on an MSRP of $32,335.

It seems that there are heaps of the non-hybrid ones stacking up so I really should just switch to the normal one but my 30 mile bumper to bumper LA commute cries out for a hybrid ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Be prepared for Accord Hybrid jokes…it’s almost a meme at this point.

4 Likes