2018 C43 AMG Coupe Lease question

So I’ve gotten 14% off MSRP on one of these coupes (which has been a painful process just to get that).

The main hangup now is the MF. The retention MF according to the Edmunds forum is .00084.

The dealer initially gave me a MF of .00234. They are now at .00134 and won’t budge.

I think I should standpat and look elsewhere for someone who will give me retention MF of .00084.

What do you guys think?

Also do they still do the autopay discount on MF at Mercedes?

Thank you!

You’re not likely to get anything more off than that, it’s a good discount on a higher end performance coupe. They’re trying to recoup some of the discount by raising the MF. Your best bet is to shop that deal around and ask for a similar discount with the base MF. If no one can beat it then that is the best deal.

what do the rest of the numbers look like?

Whats the MSRP, selling price etc…? MBFS is no longer discounting the auto-pay. If you have penfed, USAA or United premier get those incentives added to it.

If the base MF is not provided, have a written offer in place so you cross shop but the chances are pretty slim on a C43 Coupe. You can see better discount’s on a sedan.

How does the deal look like with the MF they are giving you?
If its a good deal all around I wouldn’t give the inflated MF too much thought, dealers move numbers around sometimes to make deals work.

Thank you for the feedback and info guys.

As far as rest of the numbers go:
Acquisition Fee: $795
Tags/Document Fee/DMV: $480
Disposition Fee: $595
And I’m putting maintenance into the MSRP to get it residualized

I’m still going back and forth with the dealer so we’ll see - I’m not very optimistic though.

A few other things I wanted to run by you guys. So I heard that MBFS offers MSDs only in some states. Is that true? Is it based on the state the car is being registered in or where the dealer is? Also what states do they not accept MSDs? And lastly let’s say the dealer agrees to .00084 MF. Will they be pissed if I then spring 10 MSDs on them and get to MF to .00014? Can they refuse to do that or refuse to accept MSDs if it’s in a state that allows it?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the advice and guidance. This is my first lease.

So I’ve been working on a Mercedes C43 AMG coupe deal. Got an aggressive discount off MSRP and now we just can agree on the MF. I want the retention MF and they obviously want to inflate it to make up for the big MSRP discount.

The sales manager said that she absolutely can’t do that deal for the retention MF and the was it. The sales associate said he’s going to keep talking to her. I told him to let me know if she changes her mind.

In these scenarios does it ever work where the manager will change their mind after being so absolute before that the deal couldn’t be made at those numbers? I really like the car but I’m not going to budge. I’m thinking most likely they won’t either. Any success stories of the dealer coming crawling back to you? Lol

1 Like

It’s a game of chicken now. If they need to make quotas at the end of the month, they will give in.

It’s your call but if you’ve tried getting a similar deal from other dealers then you might be turning into Ahab chasing his whale. I think you got 14% off, that sounds like a really good deal and might not be matched. The dealer also knows now they have 10 days to the end of the month where they can throw a similar deal to other customers and they’ll likely take it.

Did you work out what the MF difference made to your monthly?

Yeah I agree I think it’ll be hard to get another dealer to give me 14% off this car.

The difference in MF works out to be about $35 a month.

I think I’ll hold out until the end of the month to see if they cave. I was hoping you guys had some inspirational success stories lol

I faced the same issue when i was negotiating the selling price with 2 dealers.

Since i didn’t pay any deposit the 2 cars got sold by other salesman while i was still in the process of negotiating them. If you see the discount is reasonable after marking up the MF go ahead and take it.

That’s too big of a difference. $5 OK, $10 meh, $20+ ok what’s going here?

$35 is just padding profits to make up for the discount…

1 Like

$35 is a big amount on a $99 month Encore lease. This is a C43. On a 24 month lease we are talking $840, and he already said he got a great discount.

It depends on what is going to tick you off more… Losing the car or $35 a month.

1 Like

Damn you guys make some good points. I think I’ll be pissed if I miss out on the car or if I get strong armed into paying $35/month more haha. I’m screwed!

If you are getting a good discount then may not be able to use the base MF. It is just shifting profit from one column to another. Maybe three dealer thought you were just after a large discount and didn’t think you would know about the MF. At some point you need to determine if are you chasing the car or the deal.

1 Like

Yeah, the question is do you think you can squeeze another $840 out of this dealer, or do you think another dealer with will give you base MF and a price within $840 of what you have? If the answer is no then just buy the car.

I thought I was chasing the car but now I think I’m just in it for the deal!

And it’ll be a $1260 difference over my 36 month lease so when I think about it that way I definitely think I could get a base mf and a price within 1260 of what I have now. So maybe I won’t jump on this. That was a good way to think of it

Don’t rush. Keep your eye on that car at that dealership and see how long it sits on the lot for.
Make sure to notify the sales person you’re firm on your decision and you want the base MF + the 14% OFF MSRP and you’re ready to sign whenever they want to move a unit. Just be nice and don’t show aggression and definitely do not show you’re hearts attached to that car they probably think you will bite the bait soon and come get the car at their asking MF.

So what is the update…

That’s absolutely what you should do - spring the MSD at the last minute …