2018 C43 AMG Coupe Lease question

No, absolutely not. What a waste of one’s time if/when they decline to do it or just don’t know or mess up your contract… look what happened to that other guy. Has to take the car back or redo his contract with more $ now.

1 Like

First he must find out if he is not in a state without MSD (like NY)
Second, the MSD is a discount from MBFS and managed by them, so it should not faze the dealer too much.
I agree there is a small chance they refuse to do MSD but even in the case you mentioned above, the issue was with the “Arithmetic” of the MSD, not the usefulness of the MSD>

If you have to throw an extra 700 into MSD after the fact, so be it, since you get those back anyway. OF course,it helps if the MSD is calculated correctly but no biggie…

I would say by focusing on negotiating a good price on the pre paid residualized maintenance (instead of the 2-3k list price) and the MSD wild card, you can save more than the marked up MF costs of 1260 right there

IDK what ideal world you live but out in the real world dealers flat out refuse to accept MSD all the time. My time is too valuable to be sitting in a finance office haggling over this.

If it doesn’t faze the dealer, why not bring it up during prior negotiation? What’s the upside of springing it at the last minute?

No decent dealer is going to raise the SP just because you elected to use MSD.

1 Like

Dealers also hate low payments lol. When they see your payment become 350 instead of 400 due to MSD, they are less likely to throw in extra discounts. Of course, they won’t raise their SP, but they will say “350 is an incredible payment, can’t go lower”.

My tactic is to negotiate them from 400 to 380 first and then throw in the MSD at the last minute with finance manager (FM). Not foolproof but is great when it works. ALso if they flat out refuse MSD all the time, then by springing it at last minute you are dealing with the finance manager rather than the sales person… FM is more likely to accommodate the MSD rather than the sales person or sales manager …

I have had this exact experience - negotiate everything else FIRST and then ask for MSD.

1 Like

So the update is I played it cool like you guys suggested and the sales person texted me today saying that it is moving up the food chain to the general manager and the gm will give me a decision tomorrow. Maybe some end of the month number crunching they have to do so knows but seems like a good thing, I’ll let you guys know what happens.

If they do agree to my terms what sorry of price should I get for the maintenance plan? I’m doing a 36/12 lease.

I know acquisition fee should be $795. What about doc fee and disposition fees? I just don’t want them to sneak in inflated prices elsewhere.

1 Like

Disposition fee is $595
Doc fee differs from place to place typically $80

Gasman is going well. Even considered going electric?

I would be very leery of paying more than 1k for the maintenance plan. Search the forum some claim to have gotten it for as low as 700

@gasman - did you ever post what the monthly is the for C43 – roughly?

And that’s how you get to drive a Ferrari - by making sure you don’t overpay for the C43 …

1 Like

It is definitely not typically $80. $75 (NY) and 80 (CA) are the lowest in the country and that’s only because it’s capped by state law.

Northeast except NY is probably $450 average these days. VA is higher and FL is like 899

Bottom line: there’s no point “agreeing” on terms without knowing all the terms first.

Haha vhooloo haven’t turned to the darkside of electric yet.

Still waiting to hear back from the GM but good point until I get all the numbers (doc fees, disposition, maintenance etc) I have a ways to go before signing anything. That’s even if they agree to not inflate the MF.

Right now before adding Msd and before adding the maintenance plan my monthly is $695 which already seems like a pretty solid deal for a c43 coupe (msrp in the mid 60s) but you guys inspire me to do better haha.

650 with tax & 0 DAS before MSD would be a sweet deal…

695 before tax & before MSD and 0 DAS is acceptable but I would not be excited.

Not sure if serious but yes that’s exactly how you get to drive a Ferrari.

Driving tool cars that are not true AMG/M cars are exactly how you never get to have an exotic.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa relax buddy. The c43 is an awesome car. I couldn’t care less that its engine wasn’t made by one guy in a factory. It looks fantastic, it’s as fast as you need any street car to be, and it is a ton of fun to drive.

A Ferrari is way more of a tool/douche car than a c43.

Please explain to me why the C43 is not a rebadged C450?

Kind of a silly point of view. The 43 line and soon to be 53 offer a nice proper sport oriented versioning of what AMG does without the excess of the 63. I’m sure Mercedes is looking to bank on the AMG brand in a bigger way but the 43 definitely has some differences from the 450 and is more than just an aesthetic package. I tracked one alongside a C63 and still thought it was a fun car. With BMW, the M240i is commonly considered a better car than the M2, does that make owners of it pretenders?

2 Likes

I agree with siejammy. Plus for me I just want a luxury sports coupe that isn’t crazy expensive, is fun to drive, and looks good. Doesn’t matter what series of numbers or letters is next to the mercedes symbol.

C43 isn’t an “exotic” but who cares, it’s fun as hell to drive and looks cool