2018 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus MSRP $65,180 MSRP, $685/mo, 12k/36m

Would it be possible to do 1% of msrp incl. tax and bank fee later in the year?

Probably impossible without msd or a one pay. I got to 1% on my sq5 on December 30th, 2017 in Los Angeles, doing a one pay lease. I also qualified for loyalty.

What was msrp on your sq5? Was it P+ or prestige? 36/10?

About $62,500. Premium plus.

I went with 7500mi/year and I was under 1%.

10k miles would have been exactly 1%

Here is the deal I am getting in Washington for SQ5, is it a good deal?

MSRP 62500.
36K miles for lease term
Drive off (includes registration, tax, etc) 5K
Monthly payment (includes 9 percent tax) 600/month

Thanks.

Seems pretty close to my deal. I am at 615 on a 18 SQ5 that is still at the port, MSRP is 64,1xx. Im putting down 4900 which is the Tax (8.625),reg, bank fee, paying audicare upfront, first payment, etc. I think like $50 ends up going towards the actual car (I had them beat another deal I had, so they used the same down payment amount).

Rather than doing a $5k drive off, you guys should leave $5k in security deposits.

I would if we could in NY…

Could you share you calculations with us? looking for something similar in Texas, but will do MSDs.

I dont have the exact numbers on this deal since I took my best deal to them and had them beat it by a little. I will say that its about an 11% discount before the lease cash and loyalty and its at the buy rate. MSRP is 641xx and the discount works out to low 57’s before the rebates.

Thanks that works for me, is it a prestige or PP? How hard was getting to 11%?

Did you find an Audi dealer doing sales tax credits at the moment? You’re going to need them and the large discount to get anywhere near numbers from other states. Going for PP for the extra 1% residual will help too.

Its a premium +. Most of the cars in stock around here are PP, and the residual is one point better on them. I shopped a few dealers and most were in the 8-10 range, I was going to order a 19 but they were only willing to do 6%.

1 Like

No, just started looking, I may register it in a different state (I’m moving out of Texas before the end of the year).

The good thing is the SQ5’s aren’t selling well so discounts are easier to get if you’re targeting older stock. So many out there that have been on the lot for a year or more. Registering it out of Texas will make it much easier to get a good deal.

Yeah Texas has stupid and archaic tax laws. Most every other dealer I’ve walked into gave me tax credits no problem, didn’t bring it up with any Audi dealer yet.

Depending on the state you’re moving to, getting an SQ5 with sales tax credits and a large discount might be the best deal (caveat: I haven’t looked at the incentives recently, which might be the decider between leasing in Texas or leasing elsewhere). I was being offered tax credits from Sewell Audi in Houston in April this year, don’t know about now though.

Its very strange that 2018’s are still at the port. My 18 is still sitting there and I know 19’s are being produced. I purposely wanted this truck because its not one that has been sitting at a dealership, unlike two other ones I was looking at. The only option I am “giving up” is the heated steering wheel but I get the flat bottom instead… First world problems…

I’m guessing you don’t mind not having to pay state income taxes though…

You could just simply lease in CT or NJ. You should do the math on what the MSDs would save you in interest and propose it as a further discount to your NY dealer. I had an NY MB dealer go deeper on discount to compensate for the lack of ability to apply MSDs.